European Championship (U19's)

Thespence

England got through to the Semi Final by beating France with the last kick of the game.  :clap:

Equalising with France, no beating them. All the same, getting through is good considering the squad we have there.

Equalising with France, no beating them. All the same, getting through is good considering the squad we have there.

Ah ok. Just caught the end of the Sky News report and thought the bloke used the word "beat" and th Sky Logo was over the england score in the top corner of the screen. :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Heskey V2 - Franck Nouble will save us! Though saying that, I've been impressed with him so far. Looks like West Ham have done it again.

Heskey V2 - Franck Nouble will save us! Though saying that, I've been impressed with him so far. Looks like West Ham have done it again.

Nouble is more of a Carew/Carlton Cole than a Heskey I would say.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nouble is more of a Carew/Carlton Cole than a Heskey I would say.

Seems to work hard, I'll give him that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well, thats where my Heskey 2.0 came in, as he's all brute force and work rate. His technical ability remains to be seen, there's even the opposite end of the physical scale with Delfounso, pacey player with erratic form (another England trademark).

We're so good at promoting the physical side of the game, and training it, that it makes me wonder. I can't teach my kids to be taller, or faster, so I don't bother with it. I can teach them to be confident in their ability though. I've got a tiny guy who'll win every ball his way, because he's confident he will and won't let anyone stop him. Just fancied a moan really, though its gave me an idea on what to post on my blog next!

Gonna get mullered here, England.

Donaldson is playing, if anybody is interested.

He's shown some decent touches so far, although every time he's received the ball it's been near the half way line.

The difference between these two sides is ridiculous, it's basically exactly like the two full national teams just on a youth scale.

Tbf though, England really don't have the full potential of squad out there - while Spain do.