The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Aplogies if already discussed but what is with the awful red/orange ball in the FA Cup ties? I struggled to make it out during the FC United highlights.

I went to the Harrow v Chesterfield game today as in London for tomorrow and it did nothing to improve visibility. In fact the black pattern and black Umbro logo on it makes it even worse. Just use a white one FFS.

Will we have poppys on our shirts tomorrow?

On that subject anyone seen the 'interesting' banner held up by Celtic fans from today?

http://www.scotzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/willievasscelticpic.jpg

Bloostained poppy? Aloostained? Blogstained?

Someone help me out here.

On that subject anyone seen the 'interesting' banner held up by Celtic fans from today?

Bloostained poppy? Aloostained? Blogstained?

Someone help me out here.

Boycoutt?

Wankers

Horrible cunts.

absolute disgrace

How is it a fair point? Soldiers fight wars, they don't make the decision to go to war. If there was something morally wrong with the wars that have been fought, then the blame lies with the people who made the decision to go to war, not the soldiers who merely obeyed orders.

How is it a fair point? Soldiers fight wars, they don't make the decision to go to war. If there was something morally wrong with the wars that have been fought, then the blame lies with the people who made the decision to go to war, not the soldiers who merely obeyed orders.

They made the decision to join the army though, which is the same thing in my book. It's quite clear that by joining the army you are supporting the establishment and it's actions, and to potentially sacrifice your own life (and that of others) in that support.

If you agree with the motives of the establishment then fair enough, I don't however.

That's like saying if you vote for a political party then you agree with all of their policies. It's like saying that if you voted for Labour then you're responsible for the Iraq and Afghanistan war.

The decision to join the army can be made for many reasons - financial, emotional, political - but that's only the decision to join, it's not the decision to actually start a war. Soldiers aren't responsible for that.

Many soldiers presumably join because their intentions are to defend their country, which is admirable and noble, imo. However, if they're shipped off into far-flung places to fight a war which they didn't start and possibly don't agree with is not their fault. They did their duty. That's all you can ask, and that's what the poppies are there for: to remember those who died.

That's like saying if you vote for a political party then you agree with all of their policies. It's like saying that if you voted for Labour then you're responsible for the Iraq and Afghanistan war.

The decision to join the army can be made for many reasons - financial, emotional, political - but that's only the decision to join, it's not the decision to actually start a war. Soldiers aren't responsible for that.

Many soldiers presumably join because their intentions are to defend their country, which is admirable and noble, imo. However, if they're shipped off into far-flung places to fight a war which they didn't start and possibly don't agree with is not their fault. They did their duty. That's all you can ask, and that's what the poppies are there for: to remember those who died.

Also I think many of the dead we remember didn't choose to go to war. Were many not enlisted?

Also I think many of the dead we remember didn't choose to go to war. Were many not enlisted?

A huge proportion.