The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Am I the only one in this thread that doesn't really care for Barcelona then?

Amazing team, but the constant fawning over them and the way they rub it in sometimes can be a bit of a turn off. Unbelievably talented team though.

I hate them. I've hated them since the referees saved them against Chelsea in 2009 and all of the idiot pundits decreed it a "VICTORY FOR FOOTBALL!!!!" despite the fact they had robbed a team they outclassed them physically and tactically. It really irks me the way that everyone ignores their faults and cheating and praise them with ridiculous consistency.

So you are having a bad night despite seeing some of the best football ever played..?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Always wondered why no teams has tried to injure Messi, not saying it's the way to go

Madrid tried it 2-3 years ago. He had just came back from his Achilles injury, and each Madrid player took it in turn to rake their studs against his heel until they were pretty much all booked.  :thdn: :thdn:

I hate them. I've hated them since the referees saved them against Chelsea in 2009 and all of the idiot pundits decreed it a "VICTORY FOR FOOTBALL!!!!" despite the fact they had robbed a team they outclassed them physically and tactically. It really irks me the way that everyone ignores their faults and cheating and praise them with ridiculous consistency.

what are their faults and i don't think they cheat any more than most teams.

Amazing team, but the constant fawning over them and the way they rub it in sometimes can be a bit of a turn off. Unbelievably talented team though.

I agree, but I just ignore the constant fawning over them and enjoy the show that they put on.

Madrid have no real leaders.. Pepe is like a child, Carvalho is clueless and only there for Mourinho and the money, Casillas can only have so much influence etc, its a group of individuals. It took José two seasons to mold Inter, although this game doesnt say who'll win la liga or the champions league, it might take more time before Real will look and play like a real Mourinho team..

Boring, defensive, but clinical?

I found Chelsea's Mourinho more entertaining to watch then Barca's four-hundred-passes-a-game style of football. Don't get me wrong, they've been amazing tonight, but sometimes its like watching handball.  To each his own.

In a way I can understand where you're coming from. Barca can be quite self indulgent sometimes I agree.

Luckily Mourinho is not at all like that...

I think we were discussing the way the teams play football and not the managers. Two completely seperate things. Don't muddle things.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:thup:

You'd be shitting your pants with uncontrolled joy if the Toon were playing like this, man.

I just think the whole MES QUE UN CLUB wankathron is worse then the whole mourinho fanboyism. Add that to their bitterness less season and its easy to see through the hype. Madrid have been awful, and Barca are taking advantage along with some brilliant individual performances from their players, they have ridiculous talent in their squad..

Madrid have no real leaders.. Pepe is like a child, Carvalho is clueless and only there for Mourinho and the money, Casillas can only have so much influence etc, its a group of individuals. It took José two seasons to mold Inter, although this game doesnt say who'll win la liga or the champions league, it might take more time before Real will look and play like a real Mourinho team..

Boring, defensive, but clinical?

I found Chelsea's Mourinho more entertaining to watch then Barca's four-hundred-passes-a-game style of football. Sometimes its like watching handball.  To each his own.

Then you know nothing.  Go and join big sam and his anti-football.

:jesuswept:

So you are having a bad night despite seeing some of the best football ever played..?

Well the team I wanted to win was completely obliterated. Of course I am unhappy.

I suppose that I should be thankful for being given the opportunity to watch Barcelona play. It is shame I do not worship the shrine of the Catalonian giants like everyone else seems to.

Aye.

It's undeniable that they are brilliant to watch and their brand of football is the finest in the game but it's hard to love them with the amount of divers in their squad and their antics of last year (crying after the CL Semi).

Guest neesy111

Aye.

It's undeniable that they are brilliant to watch and their brand of football is the finest in the game but it's hard to love them with the amount of divers in their squad and their antics of last year (crying afte the CL Semi).

And Real Madrid are such saints aren't they!

I just think the whole MES QUE UN CLUB wankathron is worse then the whole mourinho fanboyism. Add that to their bitterness less season and its easy to see through the hype. Madrid have been awful, and Barca are taking advantage along with some brilliant individual performances from their players, they have ridiculous talent in their squad..

That's the whole reason I like them over Real. Goes all the way back to Franco.

Guest firetotheworks

Are all you people that hate Barca the same people who kick the heads off flowers, moan that the weather's too hot and push beautiful girls in nettles?