The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

He seems to be making a valid point to be honest, Chelsea do seem to lack pace and a plan B. I'm struggling to understand where all this daft discrediting of his opinion is coming from...

It's because every single one of his posts is long, drawn-out faux intellectual bollocks disguised as deep footballing insight. When infact, as proven from above, he's probably plucking stuff from sites likes zonalmarking, stetching it out into inane drivel and passing it off as absolute fact.

Look, I'm sure is there probably some truth to be pulled from what he is saying but when he described the Chelsea midfield as 'brutes incabable of playing a through ball' I lost all interest in what he actually had to say. It's just absolute rubbish. People like Essien, Malouda, Lampard are outstanding top (possibly even world) class footballers who contributed to a very enterprising, entertaining side last season. When they were ripping teams to shreds and taking the piss out of the opposition last season and at the start of this season nobody was criticising their technical ability as footballers. I find this inference laughable to the point that I didn't even want to give it the light of day with response. I hope for his sake there was some hyperbole involved in this comment.

He seems to be making a valid point to be honest, Chelsea do seem to lack pace and a plan B. I'm struggling to understand where all this daft discrediting of his opinion is coming from...

Thank you  O0 I've no problem that people disagree. But I would appreciate that people actually bother to write WHY they disagree, instead of labeling other opinions as shit..

So are you talking about that game in particular or the whole season? ???

Everything went smoothly in the beginning of the season.. But I think that my diagnosis some a great extent explain why they started to struggle. Trying to play everything in the middle is pretty hopeless if the opponent has good stoppers, a solid DM and generally a good physique.  The best thing to do in such situations is to create width, distribute the ball to the side where the opponent is unbalanced and constantly bombarding the box with crossers. When you have Drogba and Anelka on your team, that will result in many chances.

You're trying to explain something with tactics that probably has absolutely nothing to do with tactics, mate.

The fact that you described Man United as more dynamic and mobile than Chelsea is also nonsense. Have you watched them much this season at all? Their midfield and attack has been one of the most once-paced, one-dimensionalist football you're likely to see from a side leading the league table. Infact their midfield almost perfectly fulfills the description that you have applied to Chelsea's.

Nani and Berbatov have carried that side for most of the season whereas people like Carrick, Fletcher and Scholes have been passengers.

It's because every single one of his posts is long, drawn-out faux intellectual bollocks disguised as deep footballing insight. When infact, as proven from above, he's probably plucking stuff from sites likes zonalmarking, stetching it out into inane drivel and passing it off as absolute fact.

I actually identified those problems when I watched Chelsea play. But since you obviously decided that my opinions were of no use, I checked  if Zonalmarking  concurred, which they did. I have no "deep" football insight, but I hate mucky football: Player that don't see the beautiful in playing simple and effective football. Players that must  dribble extra, instead of immediately passing to an opponent in better positions. That may result in 4 min of brilliance, but the rest of the game could as a result be utter shit.

I actually identified those problems when I watched Chelsea play. But since you obviously decided that my opinions were of no use, I checked  if Zonalmarking  concurred, which they did. I have no "deep" football insight, but I hate mucky football: Player that don't see the beautiful in playing simple and effective football. Players that must  dribble extra, instead of immediately passing to an opponent in better positions. That may result in 4 min of brilliance, but the rest of the game could as a result be utter shit.

Eh!?!?

If there was a definition for 'simple and effective football' it would probably just say 'Chelsea Football Club 2004-2011'. They define that description to a tee, are you saying they don't do this?

So you've blamed their faults this season on their technical deficiencies as footballers (:lol:) and on their tactical inability to play simple and effective football? You really think that's the problem with this Chelsea team?

Honestly, I think you're looking for something that simply isn't there whatsoever. I'd say it's simply a mixture of a drop in form psychologically and the fact that they released a load of players without replacing them, resulting in a thread bare, aging (Lampard-less for the most part) squad. It's no surprise that once they've strengthed depth wise and got out of their slump that they've gone on a run.

Hart

Johnson Terry Dawson Cole

Parker  Wilshere

Young     Lampard   Rooney

Bent

or

Hart

Johnson  Terry  Dawson  Cole

Young   Parker  Wilshere  Lampard

Rooney   Bent

or

Hart

Johnson Terry Dawson Cole

Parker  Wilshere

Lampard  Young    Rooney

Bent

?

or none of the above.

We aren't very good are we?

Aye that's what I was thinking, then I saw this:

A bit of a surprise in midfield, as Andrew Crofts of Norwich City is preferred to Blackpool's David Vaughan. Steve Morison starts up front, and Leicester's Andy King

And thought, ah well, could be worse.  :lol:

A bit of a surprise in midfield, as Andrew Crofts of Norwich City is preferred to Blackpool's David Vaughan. Steve Morison starts up front, and Leicester's Andy King

eh?

Not playing David Vaughan? I know he's an odd looking cunt but he's has been decent all year for Blackpool.

Absolutely shite how this isn't on paupers tele btw.

eh?

Not playing David Vaughan? I know he's an odd looking cunt but he's has been decent all year for Blackpool.

I really rate him, aye. Strange one.