The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest Chubby Jason

I live in Manchester and know an utterly insufferable Man City fan that sings those songs on a night out. It's the main reason I hate the club so much.

Guest kingdawson

To be fair to Spurs they play fantastic stuff, this City side is just painful to watch.

Myth.

City without 2 holders are brilliant and dynamic to watch. Sunderland a few weeks ago as an example. Spurs on the other hand can be entertaining when they simply throw caution to the wind, but a lot of their game is brainless wing-play and lumps to Crouch.

You're saying City play a better brand of football then us?

ok mate.

Spurs play just as much shite football. It's very irritating that their hoofs to Crouch seem to be completely brushed under the carpet while other teams are slammed for the direct style. Similarly teams are criticised for the 'numbers game' of set pieces while Spurs' reliance on bland wing play is similarly boring.

Spurs are largely idealised as an attacking, 'good' footballing side because they throw caution to the wind making for entertaining games. Really their football is simplistic and not very dynamic. This is why they have conceded far more goals than City and have actually scored 1 fewer too.

Take Modric out of the Spurs side and they'd be as unpleasant to watch as Bolton.

That's the one thing why Spurs should be praised, having faith in playing a diminutive player like Modric right in the thick of things.

Guest kingdawson

ok mate.

I'd say you both bore and entertain in equal measure tbh. For different reasons.

I think you're totally wrong but i would say that. City play a slow paced game that relies heavily on Carlos Tevez. They play 2 sitters ffs and rarely try anything adventorous. When Tevez isn't about they have Edin Dzeko who's a damn good striker but due to City's slow paced, non existant wing play he looks like he was signed from Stevenage Borough and not a 32m striker from Wolfsburg.

Did yo watch us against them this season? we opened them up at will. Totally dismantled them but their defensive set up and motm goalkeeping by Hart got them a point. What about the 2 games last season? we trounced them at ours 3-0 and beat them at theirs too where we controlled the game. All they do against good teams is set out to defend and get a goal on the counter...even at home ffs.

One thing i will say is that they're more efficient than us this season due to their great backline and our crop of shit strikers. You say we scored 1 less then them this season which is absolutely brilliant being that our strikers have been utter turd and they possess a World class striker in Tevez that saves them week after week.

Guest kingdawson

Take Modric out of the Spurs side and they'd be as unpleasant to watch as Bolton.

Modric was out for quite a chunk of last season yet we still ended up winning the majority of games he didnt play in (even beating citeh 3-0 without him) and was sitting comfortably in 4th playing attractive football. Your point is void.

ok mate.

I'd say you both bore and entertain in equal measure tbh. For different reasons.

I think you're totally wrong but i would say that. City play a slow paced game that relies heavily on Carlos Tevez. They play 2 sitters ffs and rarely try anything adventorous. When Tevez isn't about they have Edin Dzeko who's a damn good striker but due to City's slow paced, non existant wing play he looks like he was signed from Stevenage Borough and not a 32m striker from Wolfsburg.

Did yo watch us against them this season? we opened them up at will. Totally dismantled them but their defensive set up and motm goalkeeping by Hart got them a point. What about the 2 games last season? we trounced them at ours 3-0 and beat them at theirs too where we controlled the game. All they do against good teams is set out to defend and get a goal on the counter...even at home ffs.

One thing i will say is that they're more efficient than us this season due to their great backline and our crop of s*** strikers. You say we scored 1 less then them this season which is absolutely brilliant being that our strikers have been utter turd and they possess a World class striker in Tevez that saves them week after week.

Have you seen our strike force and we're like 5th top scorers in the league or summat man. You don't know the meaning of the phrase KD :lol:

Sometimes Spurs play attractive football, no doubt. Increasingly their style of play reminds me of us when we had Carroll - long diagonal balls from the halfway line - except a bit shitter-looking with Crouch flailing around up top. Not exactly archetypal Stoke/Blackburn stuff, as I still attest, but certainly not as pleasing to the eye as some would have you believe.