The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

S'alreet, we'll win the Vase again instead.

France vs Romania in Euro 2008 is one of the top three shittest games of football I have ever witnessed btw.

The other two being...?

I can comfortably say Newcastle 0 - 1 Sheffield United (Webber IIRC) is the worst game I have been too. I'm sure it was in a run of absolutely shocking games too, got a 0-0 against some other newly promoted team pre/post that n all which was shite too.

0-0 v Charlton (with :dowie: as manager) was previous home game.  But we went something like 7 games without a win.

The 0-1 v Sheff Utd was the one that started the Shepherd out protests, which I remember cos I was one of them.  Both were throughly awful games though.

Aye thats the one. Awful games. Was when I was travelling up from Leeds for games n all, horrific. Sheff Utd is the only game I have ever left before the end for in the hundreds of games I've been too.

Guest neesy111

S'alreet, we'll win the Vase again instead.

France vs Romania in Euro 2008 is one of the top three shittest games of football I have ever witnessed btw.

The other two being...?

I can comfortably say Newcastle 0 - 1 Sheffield United (Webber IIRC) is the worst game I have been too. I'm sure it was in a run of absolutely shocking games too, got a 0-0 against some other newly promoted team pre/post that n all which was shite too.

0-0 v Charlton (with :dowie: as manager) was previous home game.  But we went something like 7 games without a win.

The 0-1 v Sheff Utd was the one that started the Shepherd out protests, which I remember cos I was one of them.  Both were throughly awful games though.

Aye thats the one. Awful games. Was when I was travelling up from Leeds for games n all, horrific. Sheff Utd is the only game I have ever left before the end for in the hundreds of games I've been too.

That was the game I thought Rossi would never make it as a striker (missed a hatful of chances) shows what 1 game in a poor side can do to players.

Guest neesy111

Was that the game where we played Palermo on the Thursday, but rather than give us the extra day's rest like every other club does and play on the Sunday, Shepherd made us play the Saturday evening so we didn't lose the TV money?

Yeap.

He'd done it twice in the past as well, the fucking idiot that he was.

Don't suppose anybody watched the Scotland U21s vs Iceland U21s.

Sigurdsson scored for Iceland, and then straight from kick-off the Scottish lad lobbed the keeper. Ridiculous goal :lol:

Sigurdsson then scored another screamer like, great set of goals.

Don't suppose anybody watched the Scotland U21s vs Iceland U21s.

Sigurdsson scored for Iceland, and then straight from kick-off the Scottish lad lobbed the keeper. Ridiculous goal :lol:

Sigurdsson then scored another screamer like, great set of goals.

Gylfi is a legend! What a player that boy is becoming.

It's amazing to think that Iceland will be one of eight teams participating in the Euros next summer.

Aye congrats, looks like you've got a bit of a Golden age coming through there.

Sigurdsson, in particular, I've raved about him on here in the past.

Cheers. Yeah, Iceland has never seen such a promising young side. The number of players playing abroad says a lot really. 7 of today's starting 11 playing abroad.

Is former NUFC player Bjarni Gudjonsson still kicking around?

He plays with KR in the Icelandic first Division. Funny you should mention him - he actually was one of the Icelandic commentators at todays match.

Still a massive NUFC supporter mind.

Guest Roger Kint

Am I the only one baffled as to why this is being played in Derby of all places?

Apparently to do with Derby having the most Ukrainians living in the UK.