The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why the hell are England u21s playing Uzbekistan? Very random opponent.

0-0 after 56 minutes. Games been very flat.

Looked alright the little bit i saw. Rodwell especially. Still, should be absolutely battering them regardless.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looked alright the little bit i saw. Rodwell especially. Still, should be absolutely battering them regardless.

1-0 Danny Rose.

Keeper saved the 1st shot, Danny Rose picked up the rebound to score. It hasn't been terrible, just too many wasted chances. 9 shots, 5 on target in 65minutes might not sound bad, but the finishing has been pretty poor.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Really not sure what to make of Chris Smalling. Reminds me of every bigger/physical player at youth level I've ever seen, just seems to get picked because he's taller/physical and offers very little else. I guess SAF thinks he can take that base and mould him into a decent defender.

Danny Welbeck has been poor too. Cleverly has been decent though,

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Never seen Wellbeck have a good game.

Has attitude was appalling, looked like he couldn't care less about the game. Silly little swagger, mouthing off at the opposition.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hmm, made Cleverley's work seem really pointless at times, which is odd considering they're team mates.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hate to write youngsters off, but none of them, other than Rodwell and Cleverley, seemed to be any different to the senior team. All physical beasts (strength or speed) with little else to offer.

Hate to write youngsters off, but none of them, other than Rodwell and Cleverley, seemed to be any different to the senior team. All physical beasts (strength or speed) with little else to offer.

Lansbury looked decent when he came on, kinda like Wilshere/Cleverley lite.

Lansbury looked decent when he came on, kinda like Wilshere/Cleverley lite.

Lansbury isn't as good as Cleverley, not yet. Needs to be playing in a confident side, rather than being able to make an immediate impact regardless (as Cleverley can).

Danny Rose is the next Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Which is not a compliment.

He hasn't impressed me much (apart from the obvious) and I'm a little surprised he's still here. May end up being a jack-of-all-trades as we've played him pretty much everywhere. Reminds me a little of Milner (not good at anything in particular but works hard).