The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

No chance Hart is better than Given. He's hyped up because he's English but he's had what, only a few good games this season (and a howler)? He had a decent season at Birmingham last year but that's completely different from playing for a team expected to challenge and win things. Given is still the excellent 'keeper that he was for us, and imo he was the best shot-stopper in the league during his time with us.

He's had much more than just a few good games this season, on top of that he's had few outstanding international appearances. You're severely underrating his season with Birmingham if you are only calling it decent, it was much better than that. As an impartial American, I think you can trust me not to overrate an English player, in fact, I would say you don't rate him as well because he is English.

Mancini picking Boyata (who at best is raw, at worst downright shit) ahead of Lescott is absolutely crazy. :lol: I think Lescott is a prick after the way he left us but he's still one of the best centre halves in the league if he gets a run of games.

Hopefully Arsenal twat Citeh everywhere in the second half :thup:

I don't understand what he's done to deserve all this hype. He made a few good saves against Spurs in the first match, whoop-de-fucking-do. He gave away a goal against Blackburn, the type of goal that Given gives away once every few years. He doesn't look too confident coming for corners/set-pieces/crosses, and his good record this year has been down to City playing with three defensive midfielders, not him making spectacular saves. He's had three international appearances, man. Paul Robinson started off well for England and look how he ended up. His season with Birmingham was not as good as Given's last season for us was (remember the Liverpool match?).

Hart's not a top class 'keeper. Not yet, anyway.

By that stupid logic, how many 'good' seasons has Given had at a 'good' club?

Checkmate

All right, finishing in the top 5 for three consecutive seasons makes us shite.

Given's proven, that's the point. He's done it at all levels. Hart's done nothing to deserve all this praise. Given's done enough to earn his reputation and has done nothing to deserve being called 'done'.

Checkmate

Given's proven, that's the point. He's done it at all levels. Hart's done nothing to deserve all this praise. Given's done enough to earn his reputation and has done nothing to deserve being called 'done'.

Yes he has - arguably the best goalkeeper in the Premiership and looks like being a clear England No.1 for many years to come. Why shouldn't he be praised? ???

I don't understand what he's done to deserve all this hype. He made a few good saves against Spurs in the first match, whoop-de-fucking-do. He gave away a goal against Blackburn, the type of goal that Given gives away once every few years. He doesn't look too confident coming for corners/set-pieces/crosses, and his good record this year has been down to City playing with three defensive midfielders, not him making spectacular saves. He's had three international appearances, man. Paul Robinson started off well for England and look how he ended up. His season with Birmingham was not as good as Given's last season for us was (remember the Liverpool match?).

You're ignoring so much if you think Spurs was his only good game this season. And he made a mistake that let in a goal, every goalie has one. Tim Howard has had two awful one's season. Reina and van Der Sar have had two of the worst I've ever seen. How can you watch this game on right now and say he doesn't look too confident with corners and set pieces and corners when I can think of three times this half alone where he's made great plays coming out for balls? You obviously have not watched him enough, he continually makes spectacular saves, and he's done so for a while.

Checkmate

Yes he has - arguably the best goalkeeper in the Premiership and looks like being a clear England No.1 for many years to come. Why shouldn't he be praised? ???

One decent season with Birmingham makes him arguably the best gk in the Premiership? Clear England No.1 having only played 7 games for the team? Come on, man. He's as hyped up as Foster and Carson were before they crumbled. Similar profile as well: decent season for a mid-table team, lots of praise, starts for England... Hart's better than both of them, but he hasn't done enough to earn this 'best in the Premiership' title that you've so easily given to him.

You're ignoring so much if you think Spurs was his only good game this season. And he made a mistake that let in a goal, every goalie has one. Tim Howard has had two awful one's season. Reina and van Der Sar have had two of the worst I've ever seen. How can you watch this game on right now and say he doesn't look too confident with corners and set pieces and corners when I can think of three times this half alone where he's made great plays coming out for balls? You obviously have not watched him enough, he continually makes spectacular saves, and he's done so for a while.

Haha, you give me shit for judging him on one match then you say that he's great with corners/crosses/set-pieces because he's done well in this match.

:razz:

He has potential but still has a lot to prove.

Guest GallowgateKev

He clearly isnt the best keeper in the prem!

He is a good keeper with the potential to be a great keeper...

Given, Van Der Sar, Cech & Reina are all better...

Checkmate

One decent season with Birmingham makes him arguably the best gk in the Premiership? Clear England No.1 having only played 7 games for the team? Come on, man. He's as hyped up as Foster and Carson were before they crumbled. Similar profile as well: decent season for a mid-table team, lots of praise, starts for England... Hart's better than both of them, but he hasn't done enough to earn this 'best in the Premiership' title that you've so easily given to him.

Stop it, just stop. Decent season? You are a joke, he was fantastic. He doesn't have a large sample size to go by, but in those two years he's been the best keeper in the league, easily the best English keeper. If someone continues to play as well as he has he deserves to be praised. You're so blind.

Haha, you give me shit for judging him on one match then you say that he's great with corners/crosses/set-pieces because he's done well in this match.

:razz:

He has potential but still has a lot to prove.

The way he's played in this game is no different than any other ones.