The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I only watched the first half before flicking back now and then from Idiot Abroad. Can't believe how turgid Liverpool's play is.

I keep including them in my bet (they done well for me tonight granted), thinking 'surely this is when they start turning it around', then I watch a game and remind myself that they really aren't that good a team anymore. They are just filled with average players. N'Gog summed it up, shocking striker.

I know it's said every year, but I really could see Gerrard being off this time. He really didn't look too impressed at the final whistle to me, kind of like a 'for fuck sake I've got to save the day again'. You'd think a player would be happier after what he'd just done.

Now that Torres seems to be doing fuck all, the epitome of one man team once again.

Went to the Liverpool-Napoli game tonight as press, free food, cracking view and my first ever mixed zone (where the players come through and we journos stick microphones under their mouths). Liverpool still remain the luckiest bastards on the planet, completely outplayed in the first half, really like the look of Lavezzi. Second half Napoli stopped playing, sat back and payed the price as Liverpool got their traditional ridiculous luck, stupid pass back, penalty and a very good goal by Gerrard.

In the mixed zone, Woy was talking to LFC.tv so recorded a lot of him on my blackberry, Gerrard had pre-arranged interviews so walked right to the end of the line. Glen Johnson didn't bother to talk to anyone, Poulsen went straight to the sole Danish reporter, only one who really bothered was Lucas Leiva who is, without doubt, the most boring man on the planet.

In fact, fuck it, we could very feasibly be 4th on Wednesday night.

Just picture where we'd be had we beaten Blackpool, Stoke, Wolves, Wigan, or even City. :(

I hate doing this, recounting where my team should have got more points from. It's incredibly frustrating dropping points in "easy" games but hopefully Hughton will have their heads screwed on fully for similar games for the rest of the season, and smash rubbish like Wigan.

Had to say it man, what if's are the same for every time. Every time we talk about league positions at the moment someone pipes up with 'imagine if we'd beat Blackpool, West Brom, got what we deserved against Man City'. Then we most likely would still be doing other things expected, such as drawing to the mackems, losing to Villa and Everton. Just is a pointless exercise.

There always seems to be a weekend like this that throws up a load of big clashes/derbies in one go. It's usually explainable because Sky force it for the domestic games but all these foreign derbies aswell at the same time is a bit of a coincidence.

Last year PSG-Marseille had to be canceled because of swine flu. Hopefully we can avoid such complications this time. They decided to ban away supporters from PdP about a month ago, anyway. Shame such matches have to be treated like this.

I feel like Madrid are going to walk over Atletico, btw.

Last year PSG-Marseille had to be canceled because of swine flu. Hopefully we can avoid such complications this time. They decided to ban away supporters from PdP about a month ago, anyway. Shame such matches have to be treated like this.

They always do. Atlético hasn't won a league game against Real Madrid since 1999 IIRC. Massive derby bottlers.

They always do. Atlético hasn't won a league game against Real Madrid since 1999 IIRC. Massive derby bottlers.

1952 since they last did the double aswell.  :lol: