The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Oh, and Ronaldo, do you live in Newcastle or New York?

the poster i might add

What? :lol:

I had my bet on either Newcastle, or New York from the picture with Vito

So it is Manchester?

I spend a lot of time in New York for business and non-homosexual pleasure, yes.

Good analysis. Bitter as fuck iyam..

Well, yes, I had a bet on Real. So there is a lot of post-mortem justification needed.

Stil, I'd love to see a decent team go 1 for 1* with Barcelona, just to see how good they are. I always get the feeling they out-think the opposition more than out-play them.

*Well, not literally 1 to 1, but to have a Tevez-like striker or two pressuring the back line, freeing up a spare player to be a sweeper / libero.

Guest neesy111

Who would a decent team be, if not Real?  No team can go toe to toe with Barcelona because they'll just get taken apart and picked off.

NUFC

Who would a decent team be, if not Real?  No team can go toe to toe with Barcelona because they'll just get taken apart and picked off.

That's what folk said about George Foreman, nobody can go toe-to-toe.

There's always an Ali out there, someone who can take the punches and deliver one right when it matters. Probably a Lampard + Essien driven Chelsea, if anyone. But the chances are slim.

Barca were absolute class tonight,  the passing and movement is awesome when they start with there 1 and 2 touch passing but the thing i love best about watching Barca is the pressing and desire to win the ball back,  opposition defenders never get a moment on the ball before they are under pressure, the Barca front 3 (although more messi & pedro than villa) must win more tackles in a game than most midfielders in normal teams.

There's always an Ali out there, someone who can take the punches and deliver one right when it matters. Probably a Lampard + Essien driven Chelsea, if anyone. But the chances are slim.

Hmm...slim indeed.

Inter?

Arsenal. I thought they'd have a go in the second leg last year, but they didn't.

Inter stayed deep, which can work, but you have to be lucky. The one thing that doesn't work is trying to pass through them in a compressed formation. If they want to get into a football match against them, managers will have to put trust in their players rather than their plans.

Arsenal. I thought they'd have a go in the second leg last year, but they didn't.

Inter stayed deep, which can work, but you have to be lucky. The one thing that doesn't work is trying to pass through them in a compressed formation. If they want to get into a football match against them, managers will have to put trust in their players rather than their plans.

Arsenal tried to beat them at their own game that was the problem.  The first 30 at the Emirates was one of the most one sided periods of play you'll ever see.  In the second leg Arsenal pretty much tried the same again and failed miserably.  There isn't a midfield in the world that can out-pass Xavi and Iniesta.