The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Although it's hardly perfect, it's embarrassing how superior BBC is to ITV when it comes to live football.

:sadnod: It's like the pundits are actually allowed to speak their mind rather than quivering pussies like Southgate and Townsend reeling out cliché after cliché.

I feel for Jerome. Just having the ball lobbed in his general direction all game. In a decent team he would score a lot more goals. Makes some really good runs.

He's not realiable infront of goal IMO but he is feeding on less than scraps here, playing about 30yarss further forward than the midfield like he does every game. Birmingham are so unbelievably negative all the time.

The thing is though, he chases these hopeless balls all game, and isn't consistently involved in any kind of decent play to get him going, and then maybe he gets one chance that falls to him. It's no surprise he ends up snatching at it. Birmingham are awful. This is the same West ham team that looked damn near semi professional when w eplayed them last week.

Don't disagree but he's never been prolific even in more successful teams.

-------

On another note I see Southampton are in the top 2 now :shifty:

Neil, Yakubu on loan to Leicester?! What the hell is that about? Can Everton really afford to do that?  :lol:

Meh. We probably can, in truth. Either way, we don't have the money currently to get the quality striker we obviously need and I don't think whether we have Yakubu is going to make a massive difference to where we finish this season.

Although it's hardly perfect, it's embarrassing how superior BBC is to ITV when it comes to live football.

You probably wish you hadn't said that now they've done an ITV and discussed Liverpool for no reason :lol:

You probably wish you hadn't said that now they've done an ITV and discussed Liverpool for no reason :lol:

Bit my tongue and pretended they never did that.

Neil, Yakubu on loan to Leicester?! What the hell is that about? Can Everton really afford to do that?  :lol:

If he can be arsed, that could be a brilliant move from Sven.

Yakubu might be the laziest human being ever created, but he is still a goal scorer. Everton haven't helped themselves by playing him alone upfront as it just makes his lack of effort all the more glaring. Needs a very hard working partner to maximise his talents, certainly at the prem level anyway. I could see him doing well for Sven in the championship though, for sure.

Hleb looking half decent, when we play them we need early unsettling tackles on him

He's all hot air, rarely finds an end product. Shame because he's so good but his main fault is a massive one.

Sven has some unnervingly good connections like.

And he's a good manager. I don't care what anyone says. I think it's crazy that Hughes, Avram and even Houllier were hired ahead of him this summer. Found it pretty shocking tbh.

Hleb looking half decent, when we play them we need early unsettling tackles on him

He's all hot air, rarely finds an end product. Shame because he's so good but his main fault is a massive one.

I agree.

If he can be arsed, that could be a brilliant move from Sven.

Yakubu might be the laziest human being ever created, but he is still a goal scorer. Everton haven't helped themselves by playing him alone upfront as it just makes his lack of effort all the more glaring. Needs a very hard working partner to maximise his talents, certainly at the prem level anyway. I could see him doing well for Sven in the championship though, for sure.

Not really. A few years ago he scored 20 goals for us playing in a 4-5-1.

It was his injury that fucked him, not tactics. Then just as he finally seemed to be getting his form back (in a 4-5-1 again) Moyes inexplicably dropped him and he's hardly been seen since. Something must have gone on behind the scenes.