The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I would like to see what QPR could do in the PL, good passing team with a really good attacking outlet.

They will get rinsed on weekly basis.

Colin Wanker will probably turn them into a defensive unit a la every other team he has managed. Be interesting to see what their owners do should they go up. Could easily make them into a decent Prem outfit given their respective wealth.

They could but they have not whacked mega dosh into QPR atm. Of course when at the bigger table you would imagine they would spend enough to stay up as them sort guys wont want to be embarrassed by there team.

Not mega dosh but they've still made a few signings and I'd wager their wage bill is among the highest in the league given the depth of their squad.

Still not entirely convinced Taarabt would offer much in the Premier League. Watching his fleeting displays for Spurs was infuriating viewing. He's hugely talented though.

But Hammill would.

They could but they have not whacked mega dosh into QPR atm. Of course when at the bigger table you would imagine they would spend enough to stay up as them sort guys wont want to be embarrassed by there team.

Not mega dosh but they've still made a few signings and I'd wager their wage bill is among the highest in the league given the depth of their squad.

Nowhere near what ours was last season. Your right they do have deep experienced squad but I cant see many of them on mega money.

Still not entirely convinced Taarabt would offer much in the Premier League. Watching his fleeting displays for Spurs was infuriating viewing. He's hugely talented though.

But Hammill would.

Idiot.

you're the idiot for saying "when he was 18, playing in the premiership, he didn't look too good"

But Hammill would.

Idiot.

you're the idiot for saying "when he was 18, playing in the premiership, he didn't look too good"

I never said that, at all. I said it was infuriating viewing and he's hugely talented. Next time read my posts.

Taarabt has the team built around him at QPR. He gets the space to do what he likes and not work or track back, he gets away with showboating and holding onto the ball because of the time and space he is afforded in that division. It would be a big risk bringing him into an EPL team because there's no guarentee he'd be successful enough to give him a free role, and there's no guarentee he could play as an orthodox winger. The lad is very talented but is far from being a refined player and signing him would be a risk especially for the fee QPR would demand.

Comparing him to Hammill is stupid. Hammill is not as naturally talented but he's a more rounded player who will work and track back for the team. He's a much smaller risk because of his style of play and fee.

I guess this game highlights the difference in standards between the Premier League and the Championship.

Routledge looks very average in the Premier League but very good in the Championship (just as I type this, he treads on the ball and loses it)

I still think Taarabt could be decent in the Premier League but he'd be frustrating as fuck and I don't think he'd be great for team spirit - good to watch though

Oh great. What else to I want to watch on a Sunday, then a fat bastard talking about how he was unfairly sacked again and a funny man talking about he has been disgusted at bids for his players. Yey.