Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can't believe having watched us consistently last season and throughout this pre-season people seem to think this squad can get by purely with a happy go lucky team spirit. We desperately need quality players.

Absofuckinglutely.

I don't think anyone will disagree. However, it is possible to have a different opinion on what will make a quality player for the team we've got.

Talent, technique, skill, pace, flair. Team spirit doesn't do anything for any of those, and yet they're what we are missing in abundance. Ideally we want team spirit too, but quality always wins out in this league.

I disagree. The winners in football always have team spirit. Teams with quality players that win nothing almost not.

Robinho at Man City is a good case study.

Cheers, Baba. Well it looks like he is just a bit of a brat really. He is still very young, so hopefully as he continues to mature his behaviour should improve. Now you mention it, I do remember that he had issues with Benzema at Lyon. Maybe he feels like he should be more of a centrepiece of the team. Seems like the sort who wants to be the main man, with things centred around him. He'll certainly have more of this sort of opportunity at Newcastle, so it might suit him.

He could be our Cassano, in that sense.

I can't believe having watched us consistently last season and throughout this pre-season people seem to think this squad can get by purely with a happy go lucky team spirit. We desperately need quality players.

Absofuckinglutely.

I don't think anyone will disagree. However, it is possible to have a different opinion on what will make a quality player for the team we've got.

Talent, technique, skill, pace, flair. Team spirit doesn't do anything for any of those, and yet they're what we are missing in abundance. Ideally we want team spirit too, but quality always wins out in this league.

I disagree. The winners in football always have team spirit. Teams with quality players that win nothing almost not.

If Ben Arfa scores half as many in his first season if he comes to us, than what Robinho did for City, then bring it on.

Absofuckinglutely.

Robinho clearly didn't want to go there, and did so purely because of the money. Shit example.

Regarding team spirit, we clearly have a very strong spirit within the team right now, and I think adding just one player who is possibly not as "plucky" shouldn't cause too much harm, especially as he is only young. Hopefully, the good feelings within the rest of the team should rub of him rather than the opposite.

Absofuckinglutely.

Robinho clearly didn't want to go there, and did so purely because of the money. Shit example.

Nonetheless, name a success that wasn't built on team spirit...

Moving to a new country where he can't speak the lingo yet might do him the world of good. Might help him grow up.

Probably won't be able to piss of as many people if they can't understand what he's saying and he can't understand them too, so would defintiely be a good thing  :lol:

Robinho had no choice. He wanted to go to Chelsea, but City came with an insane bid which Chelsea could not match. He couldn't stay at Madrid as he had burned every conceivable bridge there. City essentially forced him to come to their club. Ben Arfa seems happy enough to come here.

Absofuckinglutely.

We're on about staying up man, not winning the fucking league.

Absofuckinglutely.

Robinho clearly didn't want to go there, and did so purely because of the money. s*** example.

We're on about staying up man, not winning the f***ing league.

speak for yasel !

Guest Heneage

I'd rather be comfortable in this league and have a few twats that perform (like Bellamy) than watch us struggle to fight off relegation with nice guys like Raylor and Nolan.

The key thing is to not have too many nutcases in your team. The odd one in a team who mostly have good guys, particularly those who are seen as the leaders, should be fine.

Going down this line of thinking I guess James wouldn't have wanted Anelka when he joined Bolton. Which is ridiculous.

Or Okocha at Bolton, Dugarry at Birmingham, Cisse at Sunderland, etc.

Those early 2000 Bolton teams were atrocious. Okocha and Djorkaeff are what seperated them from other horrible newcomers who disappered back to the Championship, imo.

Absofuckinglutely.

Robinho clearly didn't want to go there, and did so purely because of the money. s*** example.

speak for yasel !

[email protected] O0

Absofuckinglutely.

speak for yasel !

[email protected] O0

:lol:

where did you stand on the bellamy debate again.

:)

(ducks)

You don't need to duck, I thought he was a class player.

sorry, was on the wind up, thought you wanted him out after souness-gate. must have been someone else.

The likes of Cantona were no saints at all talented players usually have some temper problems. Sir Bobby once said "we don't want them to be monks because monks don't play football"  Ben Arfa will be something very amazing here and I for one can not wait to see that happen.