Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

Fair play nee idea then :lol:

if that's a reference to me, then i didn't do it, but i would of if i had the rights

I find it ludicrous that people want to take some kid from Man U on loan with no chance of a permanent deal over the permanent signing of Ben Arfa.

I hate those sort of loans as it only really benefits the other club in the long term. We'd just need to buy a replacement for Cleverley next summer when he returned to them.

I find it ludicrous that people want to take some kid from Man U on loan with no chance of a permanent deal over the permanent signing of Ben Arfa.

I hate those sort of loans as it only really benefits the other club in the long term. We'd just need to buy a replacement for Cleverley next summer when he returned to them.

We are going to get more from having a strong team of eleven men this season. A poncy player who has sulked his way out of France's two biggest teams is definitely not what our team needs.

He's hardly top level anyhow.

Taylor, as you mention, Ben Arfa has played in massive matches for France's two biggest teams. He has played in the Champions League and Europa League as well, doing rather well. Cleverly might have looked decent against Scunthorpe, but HBA has played well over 100 matches of top level football.

We are going to get more from having a strong team of eleven men this season. A poncy player who has sulked his way out of France's two biggest teams is definitely not what our team needs.

He's hardly top level anyhow.

As a pose to a young lad who looked decent in the Championship?

Regardless of attitudes, I'd have far more faith in Ben Arfa offering us something in the Premier League than i would Cleverely. Plus atleast we'd have a chance of keeping Ben Arfa, and potentiall making profit on him.

Regardless of attitudes, I'd have far more faith in Ben Arfa offering us something in the Premier League than i would Cleverely. Plus atleast we'd have a chance of keeping Ben Arfa, and potentiall making profit on him.

I agree.

Naturally i'd like both, but 'd rather sign Ben Arfa, who by all accounts is equally if not more talented, then sign Cleverly and develop him for another club then hand him back.

I reckon Ben Arfa would have a negative impact on the team. Cleverley would have a small positive impact.

Bollocks, you're blowing this way out of proportion. He's positively helped teams to 5 Ligue 1 titles at the age of 23. It's not as if he went round picking fights with everybody in his way you know, you're making him out to be some kind of mental anarchist.

Cleverley will never make the Man Utd team. We'd be building him up for ourselves if we really wanted him.

a lot of man utd fans I know, and my cousin who is a coach there, disagree. they reckon fergie rates him.

Cleverley will never make the Man Utd team. We'd be building him up for ourselves if we really wanted him.

They would have let him go for free in the summer if this was the case, instead of giving him a new long term contract.

Aye, in future we shouldn't sign any genuine quality in case it upsets big Kev and the lads. Christ.

Our survival is not dependent on a few players being good, more it relies on 5-8 players not being bad. Rock the boat with an individual like Ben Arfa, watch team morale drop, and watch NUFC drop down the league just like before.

I reckon Ben Arfa would have a negative impact on the team. Cleverley would have a small positive impact.

This is what I'm thinking too. Ben Arfa's would provide maybe a few sparks but would soon start not giving a shit while Cleverly's sparks would be lesser but far more consistent and more often.

But I also agree we should be looking for permanent deals and not just loans...

a lot of man utd fans I know, and my cousin who is a coach there, disagree. they reckon fergie rates him.

I'm sure they thought the same about Welbeck a year ago too and before him Eagles, Campbell, Simpson. Every Man Utd youngster is hyped up but few of them make it. We've already got players who looked better than Cleverley against the same opposition. If he wasn't on Man Utds books who would want him? Nobody.

Ben Arfa is already well ahead with loads of European football experience and International caps.