Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Roger Kint

Why are people arguing HBA v Cleverley, hardly a fair choice?

In reality is the question not HBA + nothing else v Cleverley + potential £5m striker(or whatever we are prepared to give OM)?

I wish I'd known how much team spirit did for a team. If I'd known sooner, I'd have taken the lads to Centre Parcs for the weekend before they played Villa on the last day - we'd have walked it!

That's not as crazy an idea as you might think.

Guest geordienorway

Farrington on twitter: Ben Arfa hellbent on Newcastle move despite being urged by advisors, friends and family to stay in Europe, I'm told. Mmm..

Guest Roger Kint

Farrington on twitter: Ben Arfa hellbent on Newcastle move despite being urged by advisors, friends and family to stay in Europe, I'm told. Mmm..

What continent do they think we are in like?

Scott Wilson (northernecho) twitter: #NUFC have made another offer for Ben Arfa - loan with view to permanent deal. Marseilles uninterested because they want to sell him now.

JUST GET THE CHEQUEBOOK OUT ASHLEY  :angry:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Geordie Nation, innit! :facepalm:

Guest Roger Kint

Geordie Nation, innit! :facepalm:

;D

Scott Wilson (northernecho) twitter: #NUFC have made another offer for Ben Arfa - loan with view to permanent deal. Marseilles uninterested because they want to sell him now.

JUST GET THE CHEQUEBOOK OUT ASHLEY  :angry:

:rolleyes:

NUFC - "We'll give you £4m"

OM - "No chance."

NUFC - "Ok, we'll take him on loan for nowt, then we possibly might buy him later..."

NUFC - "We'll give you £4m"

OM - "No chance."

NUFC - "Ok, we'll take him on loan for nowt, then we possibly might buy him later..."

:mackems:

Guest zinaldo1982

This is truly ridiculous because he clearly wants to come to us but we can't or won't pay the fee but also his entourage are clearly in it for the money as the german club would surely be able to bigger agents and signing on fees.

But from what i have read they are only ready to pay the 8m euros asking price in instalments over 4 years whereas we are ready to pay either 4m pounds now up front or take him on loan for 670.000 pounds so why don't we up that offer to around 1 to 1.2m pounds to see what they say about the loan.

Also if it is clear that we have offered them 4m pounds and knowing that the asking price  is around 6.7m pounds then we could at least offer them 5.5 to 6m pounds just to see what they say.

It would really do my head in that we couldn't seal the deal especially given that he clearly wants to come here.