Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thats my worry.. another bid comes in,  huffy French cunts accept and give them permission to speak to him. If he wants away and OM won't deal with us then he will go anywhere in the Prem I reckon.

I'm quite confident he's coming here now.

He won't play for Marseille again, and while they don't have to accept our offer, if they accept another club's they can't force him to go there.

He wants to come here and here only. Marseille, as much as they are c***s, will have to compromise eventually. Let's keep playing hard ball.

But so will Arfa. Faced with a choice between going to the Bundesliga or getting embroiled in some kind of complex and long lasting legal dispute he’d be a fool to choose the later. This kind of stuff ruins careers.

For him to end up at SJP I think we’ll have to pay in excess of £5m to sign him on a permanent deal, which given the way he’s conducted himself this week may well be a risky bit of business.

He's already chosen the 'fools' option. He's turned down other moves and is here. He flew to Newcastle on his own accord, I think he's serious about this.

I don't see how loan is impossible.. how many clubs shift out unhappy stars on loan, Bellamy to Celtic being an example. Gets them off the wage bill at least and they're more likely going to get a higher fee eventually if he's playing week-in-week-out in the Prem instead of their reserves.

I think basically we either make an offer to buy him outright or forget him as there would appear to be no way Marseille will loan him to us anymore. At 5m which is probably what he would cost he's a serious risk, not because he can't play, but because if nothing else this whole saga has confirmed what most people suspected already he's a difficult temperamental french twat. Do we really need another one at the club? Then as again in all likelihood we will go back down this season we might as well do it with some style and drama.

Guest malandro

I don't see how loan is impossible.. how many clubs shift out unhappy stars on loan, Bellamy to Celtic being an example. Gets them off the wage bill at least and they're more likely going to get a higher fee eventually if he's playing week-in-week-out in the Prem instead of their reserves.

But Celtic weren’t key players in creating the problem. We’ll see, but I’d be amazed if he ended up here on loan after all this nonsense.

But Celtic werent key players in creating the problem. Well see, but Id be amazed if he ended up here on loan after all this nonsense.

According to Ben Arfa's lawyers, who you'd imagine would know what he can and can't say, Ben Arfa, agent & Newcastle did everything asked...it's Marseille playing funny buggers.

But Celtic werent key players in creating the problem. Well see, but Id be amazed if he ended up here on loan after all this nonsense.

Apparently neither are we.

According to the agent, the player was happy at OM, but the OM heirachy told him they didnt want him anymore and the club were the ones to source out Newcastle as a possible destination not the agent or player.

Good news is that he does genuinley seem like he is dead set on coming to the North East.

Downside is OM might accept Sunderlands offer instead.

We simply cant do anything normal

This thread has ruined my evening. I'm sure I wasn't the only person to open the "what's wrong hun?" conversation with "well...there's a lad called Hatem..."

On the plus side my lass is well up on the transfer deal :lol:

Aye, wor lass feigned interest for a couple of hours before pretending to be asleep. (OI! Nee innuendo!)

This thread has ruined my evening. I'm sure I wasn't the only person to open the "what's wrong hun?" conversation with "well...there's a lad called Hatem..."

On the plus side my lass is well up on the transfer deal :lol:

Aye, wor lass feigned interest for a couple of hours before pretending to be asleep. (OI! Nee innuendo!)

I think it was too complex for wor lass too. In the end she let me look at my phone and get the latest news

For what it's worth I can't imagine we weren't involved in getting him here. Any denial is Hughtonesque.

Guest malandro

But Celtic weren’t key players in creating the problem. We’ll see, but I’d be amazed if he ended up here on loan after all this nonsense.

According to the agent, the player was happy at OM, but the OM heirachy told him they didnt want him anymore and the club were the ones to source out Newcastle as a possible destination not the agent or player.

Good news is that he does genuinley seem like he is dead set on coming to the North East.

Hardly an unbiased source.

Whatever has gone before today’s events look like an attempt to force OM’s hand and their president doesn’t strike me as the kind of man who’ll be pushed into a deal that makes him look weak.

This reminds me of when Arshavin travelled to Arsenal and sat around in a hotel room before signing.  Was Arshavin on his way to an airport and turned back around to sign?  I seem to remember air travel being disrupted by the weather at the time.

This reminds me of when Arshavin travelled to Arsenal and sat around in a hotel room before signing.  Was Arshavin on his way to an airport and turned back around to sign?  I seem to remember air travel being disrupted by the weather at the time.

Aye. Was told Arsenal couldn't agree a deal with his club/couldn't get it done in time and so he went to leave only to be turned around and dragged back. Deal was confirmed the next day iirc.

Whatever has gone before today’s events look like an attempt to force OM’s hand and their president doesn’t strike me as the kind of man who’ll be pushed into a deal that makes him look weak.

So what else can he do? If he accepts another offer, BA might not agree. If he chooses to keep him, he has to fork out 50k a week for a player that refuses to train and play.

He doesn't have much choice tbh

Guest Heneage

According to Ben Arfa's lawyers, who you'd imagine would know what he can and can't say, Ben Arfa, agent & Newcastle did everything asked...it's Marseille playing funny buggers.

Yet folk on here were blaming Ashley for penny pinching...

Guest malandro

Whatever has gone before todays events look like an attempt to force OMs hand and their president doesnt strike me as the kind of man wholl be pushed into a deal that makes him look weak.

So what else can he do? If he accepts another offer, BA might not agree. If he chooses to keep him, he has to fork out 50k a week for a player that refuses to train and play.

He doesn't have much choice tbh

Arfa is contractually tied to OM and unless they’ve broken a legally binding agreement he can’t refuse to play. Well he can but he’d be in breach of contract, wouldn’t get paid and wouldn’t be able to sign for another club until the legal wrangling had been resolved and that could take years.

The idea he can refuse to play and OM will just roll over is wishful thinking.