Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest mimifrench

Which is very surprising is the fact that in the interview of A. Pardew that someone posted a few days ago, he said that french people close to Ben arfa are saying that "he could probably play next week"... It is very strange. I don't think it is true but it means that he is close to return to training.

Another strange thing to my mind is that your coach seems to believe that ben arfa won't play again this season. But in fact he doesn't think so, he wants to "surprise" the fans or whoever when he'll come back.

I think ben arfa will play again this season but he has to do some match with your reserve (you have one, no ?)

Last thing, who are you expected as a replacement for Carroll ?

It's easy to say Nolan hasn't been the same without Carroll, but the stats absolutely ram it down your throat.

If only football was as simple as stats.

Nolan has a fantastic ability to find himself in the right place at the right time, its a product of being a player who is more than happy to make late runs in the box making him difficult to mark and track. He's very much like Lampard in his willingness to support the strikers from a centralised position. There aren't many other central midfielders like that and that is a credit to him, my main bug with him is his contributions both directly and indirectly in our play, he isnt very mobile and doesnt attack space when he has the ball, rather holds it up and plays the simple ball, which is fine to a point but makes him relavtively innaffective up to a certain point on the field, he has no real incisiveness with his passing which doesnt put oppisiton under pressure, for me an attacking player needs to have that incivness whether it be his passing or the diretcness of his play.

Its a bit like comparing Owen to someone like Bellamy, Owen may score the goals but he'll largely contribute fuck all to the team whereas Bellamy is the opposite, he'll not score bag loads but his general play is far more important to the function of the team.

Personally id rather have a bellamy than an Owen and thats how i fell about Nolan.

It's easy to say Nolan hasn't been the same without Carroll, but the stats absolutely ram it down your throat.

If only football was as simple as stats.

Nolan has a fantastic ability to find himself in the right place at the right time, its a product of being a player who is more than happy to make late runs in the box making him difficult to mark and track. He's very much like Lampard in his willingness to support the strikers from a centralised position. There aren't many other central midfielders like that and that is a credit to him, my main bug with him is his contributions both directly and indirectly in our play, he isnt very mobile and doesnt attack space when he has the ball, rather holds it up and plays the simple ball, which is fine to a point but makes him relavtively innaffective up to a certain point on the field, he has no real incisiveness with his passing which doesnt put oppisiton under pressure, for me an attacking player needs to have that incivness whether it be his passing or the diretcness of his play.

Its a bit like comparing Owen to someone like Bellamy, Owen may score the goals but he'll largely contribute f*** all to the team whereas Bellamy is the opposite, he'll not score bag loads but his general play is far more important to the function of the team.

Personally id rather have a bellamy than an Owen and thats how i fell about Nolan.

Owen was class in his overall play under Keegan, don't forget that.  He played that role in the hole brilliantly.

fredbob.

A team consisting of players like Ireland, Simpson, Williamson, Harper will never be perfect :pow: (or close to perfect)

:lol:

A house made out of mud is still a house.  :angry:

Is it a perfect house though? :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

My shocking ability on FM and HBA under performing and having very poor morale is starting to make me despise him.

HBA's gash on FM, like.

My shocking ability on FM and HBA under performing and having very poor morale is starting to make me despise him.

HBA's gash on FM, like.

Player of the season in his first year here on mine. You are clearly not using him properly!

Kind of ironic that he was flying in to town to force a move 9 months ago and now he is back training he is in France.  I know this will be an unpopular view and there are lots of counter arguments as propounded by Pards this week, but I see the relutance for him to come over/ us to have him here as a bad sign.  At the least him being here would get him assimilated better - often an excuse for a slow start in a new country is problems with language etc.  Next season will effectively be his first and that could have been avoided by having him here when he started any form of training again.

Dont agree, no sense having him hanging round Newcastle where he knows nobody getting himself depressed that he can't play football and then seeing him push too hard to get back playing quick. Let him stop at home with his friends and family, pop over every now and again to feel involved still and learn the language back in France. Come back fully fit and able to train with the rest of the team in full training sessions towards the end of the season

Kind of ironic that he was flying in to town to force a move 9 months ago and now he is back training he is in France.  I know this will be an unpopular view and there are lots of counter arguments as propounded by Pards this week, but I see the relutance for him to come over/ us to have him here as a bad sign.  At the least him being here would get him assimilated better - often an excuse for a slow start in a new country is problems with language etc.  Next season will effectively be his first and that could have been avoided by having him here when he started any form of training again.

Dont agree, no sense having him hanging round Newcastle where he knows nobody getting himself depressed that he can't play football and then seeing him push too hard to get back playing quick. Let him stop at home with his friends and family, pop over every now and again to feel involved still and learn the language back in France. Come back fully fit and able to train with the rest of the team in full training sessions towards the end of the season

That's the alternative view yes.  As long as he is learning the language and visiting regularly that it sounds ok.  Guess we'll see in time.

Nothing like finding a problem where there isnt one, ay?

Nothing like finding a problem where there isnt one, ay?

When does it become a problem then?  When he takes 9 months to assimilate next season.  Hope I'm wrong, but it's ok to have  a genuine concern isn't it?

Simpson pops off to Manchester and London as soon as he has a day off, its no surprise people like to spend time at home/with friends/with family.

Ben Arfa is getting better treatment than he would be getting here so I'm happy.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't mind Ben Arfa doing his rehabilitation in France but I'll be annoyed if he isn't using this time to learn English.

I imagine he has learnt some.

I don't mind Ben Arfa doing his rehabilitation in France but I'll be annoyed if he isn't using this time to learn English.

I find it strange that he doesn't stay in Newcastle. What about getting to know his team mates and the city better?

I find it strange that he doesn't stay in Newcastle. What about getting to know his team mates and the city better?

I'd rather have a fully fit Ben Arfa who doesn't know his teammates/the area, than a potentially unfit, homesick player who knows where the all-night Greggs is.

I'd rather have a fully fit Ben Arfa who doesn't know his teammates/the area, than a potentially unfit, homesick player who knows where the all-night Greggs is.

Just a little worried that he is staying in Marseille, knowing his somewhat rebelious behaviour, I slightly fear he'll not return..

Just a little worried that he is staying in Marseille, knowing his somewhat rebelious behaviour, I slightly fear he'll not return..

Aye... I mean after all that pushing for the loan move in August and then subsequently agreeing to sign a 4 1/2 year contract in January despite hardly playing a game for us since he first joined, I can totally understand your fears.

:lol: