Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Oh and the thing i forgot to mention is that he can be one (or the best player) of the best player in the premier league ONLY IF he takes conscience/is aware of the fact that talent isn't enough to succeed, he also needs to work hard, even more than the other players just because peple are waiting for him, in France particularly.

In term of potencial/natural talent he is the best of his generation : stronger than Nasri, Menez or even Benzema. All is in the head and mental ! And when you think that Nasri was the second best player in the premier league this season, i let you imagine what can happen with Ben arfa !

Do you think if we adopt a 4-3-3 formation next season we will be playing HBA's preferred formation? Sort of the same way Hazard does for Lille? Or do you think he would be best in a 4-2-3-1 formation playing through the centre just off the striker?

I only know that his best position is n°10 or 9 1/2... He said it himself, but he also can be good on the feft wing (but not really on the right "a la messi"). A 4-2-3-1 formation could be good for him i suppose...

That is interesting if that is where he prefers to play I didn't think he spent alot of time in that position. Thank you

Mimi - has there been much talk in france about how Ben Arfa's rehabilitation has progressed? are they confident he will come back the same player?

been one or two s*** stirrers our side of the channel who claim he has a limp, even one guy who said he's virtually "crippled". Hope it is not the case but we wont know until he plays alongside the other lads pre-season.

Surely a limp from this kind of injury would be a muscular problem, which would be easily solved with intensive physio.

I'm not worried about how he'll cope physiologically its more the psychological effect this injury could have had which concerns me

http://www.lodjee.com/dreamboat-3-bedrooms-eiffel-tower-paris-apartment

You'll find me there in July, mimi. Hopefully you're home a couple of days.

Anyway, I am convinced Ben Arfa will be back as good as he was.

You seems very sympathetic but... How old are you ?

I already told you i won't be in Paris in July !

Sympathetic almost makes him seem like a gentleman! slithering or sly would be more accurate.

19 in a couple of weeks  :aww:  You didn't specifically say all of July, but ok...  :-[

Guest mimifrench

19 in a couple of weeks  :aww:  You didn't specifically say all of July, but ok...  :-[

Too young for me lol. I was just joking with you, don't take it seriously... And i never said i won't be in Paris all of July...

Guest VegasToon

Great vid that... Would like him to leave the ball a bit more in certain situation like...

It is exactly his main default ! He always want to dribble 2 or 3 players ; of course he can but it doesn't work every time. He has to correct it, it could do it if his team mates offer him solutions on the pitch.

Certainly this video shows a lot of his quality but i think it is only a "glimpse" of all of his talent. I mean i thought he was average/quite good during this match.

His tecnic, ability, close control, vision of the game, dribbles, acceleration of course are all part of his talent.

The only thing that worry me is his mental, because you need a strong mental to overcome such an injury... And it is not that he is mentally weak but he had to feel that people love him to shine (especially the fans, his coach or his team-mates). It is a bit strange to say such thing for a football player but it is like that it works with Ben arfa.

But i really think he can succeed in Newcastle next season, particularly because it seems that there will be numerous french speaking players in your squad. By the way if you sign Ba it could be a good partnership with HBA because they both come from the parisian suburb (Ba is from Chatillon, a town which is very close to my own and close to Clamart where Ben arfa was born). They'll understand well.

Love this part.

19 in a couple of weeks  :aww:  You didn't specifically say all of July, but ok...  :-[

Too young for me lol. I was just joking with you, don't take it seriously... And i never said i won't be in Paris all of July...

Move over Taxfree, time for the big fish to make their move.  :lol:

Just a little bump to make some of you feel better.

We are building the team around Ben Afra and Tiote. 

I suggest going to Dailymotion and watch the video: Hatem Ben Arfa vs. Everton

Even better than I remember.

Still can't quite believe this guy plays for us.

Just a little bump to make some of you feel better.

We are building the team around Ben Afra and Tiote. 

I suggest going to Dailymotion and watch the video: Hatem Ben Arfa vs. Everton

Just going off this video alone, he seemed fairly selfish and out of touch with the rest of the team. You'll notice he didn't create too much for the others and ran into blind alleys a few times because he couldn't connect with teammates. This should improve with time. He's already our most talented player, imo.