Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think most will be aware that Ben Arfa at times have been a troublesome person to deal with. Now, that was then, so stop being a negative c***.

Ridiculous.

No. There is no reason to be going on about Ben Arfa's history. Everyone is aware of it, and he should be able to start from scratch one here.

I think most will be aware that Ben Arfa at times have been a troublesome person to deal with. Now, that was then, so stop being a negative c***.

Ridiculous.

No. There is no reason to be going on about Ben Arfa's history. Everyone is aware of it, and he should be able to start from scratch one here.

It was meant to be a topical, not inflammatory post, as Dave suggested.

I agree that he should be able to start from scratch here, however I disagree that 'everyone' is aware of his past...

Guest hatem garrincha

People having a go at Colocho is getting pretty tedious like. Just put him on ignore if you don't like his posts.

The comparison to the Tevez situation is topical and a decent question tbh.

I know my english is very bad but that is what I first wrote : "He made a lot of mistakes in his career and when he refused to play at Paris because he was on the bench, is his most very stupid one."

People having a go at Colocho is getting pretty tedious like. Just put him on ignore if you don't like his posts.

The comparison to the Tevez situation is topical and a decent question tbh.

I know my english is very bad but that is what I first wrote : "He made a lot of mistakes in his career and when he refused to play at Paris because he was on the bench, is his most very stupid one."

:thup:

Finally, someone who can correct Colocho's faux-knowledge of French football. 

I salute you.

Now, I rarely (vanishingly rarely) bother commenting on here these days, preferring other forums.

But I'm with Colocho on this.

Why is the other comment more valid ?

Its his opinion, with no proof attached.

Doesn't mean he's wrong. But most certainly doesn't mean he's right either.

I'd prefer to view Ben Arfa on his antics here, though. What has gone before is done and finished.

I think we all need to accept that there is a very good chance a BIG club will come in for HBA maybe in the summer, maybe later on but at some point it will happen.

And we should fully expect him to make it very clear to us IF he wants to leave, cannot see him being a pro about it but we knew this.. look at how we got him and the actions he took to get his move here.

I salute you.

Now, I rarely (vanishingly rarely) bother commenting on here these days, preferring other forums.

I'd prefer to view Ben Arfa on his antics here, though. What has gone before is done and finished.

I generally agree with that, but by the same token people have been quick to point out Tevez's 'history' during the current situation. I'd be fibbing if I said I'd not worried about Ben Arfa's attitude, when we're perhaps not playing so well, or if he's subbed or not starting etc. He's clearly our most naturally gifted player and all being well he'll be in our starting lineup, but what happens if he isn't? It's like with us allowing him to go back to France all the time when he was injured - I think it was madras who posted that he hoped it wasn't a case of the tail wagging the dog.

Hopefully none of this will be an issue, but as I said before it's a fair point from Colocho considering the slaughtering Tevez is (rightly) getting IMO.

Guest hatem garrincha

I salute you.

There's no "dispute" with Colocho here, we're debating. What I wanted to say is that  HBA's hystory is much more complex than the Colocho's description. It's not exclusivly black or white.

There's really no reason to choose "a camp" - with or against - here  :)

I salute you.

There's no "dispute" with Colocho here, we're debating. What I wanted to say is that  HBA's hystory is much more complex than the Colocho's description. It's not exclusivly black or white.

There's really no reason to choose "a camp" - with or against - here  :)

I'm very much in the hatem garrincha camp on this one. O0

Ridiculous.

It's all news to me mind as i'd never heard of him before we got him on loan.

Of course that's understandable seeing as i've not been a follower of Marseille since i was 10 years old!!!!!

I think we all need to accept that there is a very good chance a BIG club will come in for HBA maybe in the summer, maybe later on but at some point it will happen.

And we should fully expect him to make it very clear to us IF he wants to leave, cannot see him being a pro about it but we knew this.. look at how we got him and the actions he took to get his move here.

Which furthers my point as to why this is a relevant issue...

Relevant point yes... issue no

It won't be an issue unless it happens, there is a risk he could do a Tevez type act but there is that risk with a lot of players.

We can only hope the longer he is here the more he grows up the better chance we have of these type things not happening.

Guest hatem garrincha

Relevant point yes... issue no

It won't be an issue unless it happens, there is a risk he could do a Tevez type act but there is that risk with a lot of players.

We can only hope the longer he is here the more he grows up the better chance we have of these type things not happening.

I'm very much in the hatem garrincha camp on this one. O0

No harm in that !

We shouldn't be getting into trenches over such a non-event story though !  :D

Guest hatem garrincha

Yesterday, during his press conference, some journalists asked Laurent Blanc if he thought about Mexes (who just come back from injury) before making his list for the two next France matches.

He said no of course and added that he also follows very closely Hatem Ben Arfa return.

Yesterday, during his press conference, some journalists asked Laurent Blanc if he thought about Mexes (who just come back from injury) before making his list for the two next France matches.

He said no of course and added that he also follows very closely Hatem Ben Arfa return.

HBA came off the bench (replacing Insomnia) and scored in Blanc's first match as manager - must have made an impression. Could be wrong, but wasn't HBA sitting next to Cabaye?

Didn't Blanc also show some interest in HBA in his time as Bordeaux manager?

Guest hatem garrincha

HBA came off the bench (replacing Insomnia) and scored in Blanc's first match as manager - must have made an impression. Could be wrong, but wasn't HBA sitting next to Cabaye?

Didn't Blanc also show some interest in HBA in his time as Bordeaux manager?

"Insomnia" for N'Zogbia ?

Yes they were on the bench with Cabaye and  Yohan came later on the pitch while HBA played (his best match with the national team) all the second half.

<<L'equipe>> title after the match was "Ben Arfa, too easy" and he received the best rate.

Blanc always appreciated Ben Arfa. When Marseille won the "coupe de la Ligue" (you Carling cup equivalent) against Bordeaux, Blanc said after the match that HBA really "hurted" them.

After his clash with Marseille before joining NUFC,  there were 2 matches for Euro 2012 and he was on the first Blanc's list of 30 players. All sports french journalists criticized Blanc for that and putted a lot of pressure on him. He finally put him off the 23 player's list  :D

If I was Ben Arfa I would rage if Best was starting ahead of me for more than 2-3 games due to me coming back. There is absolutely no way in hell Pardew shall let Ben Arfa sit on the bench if he's completely fit according to team doctors.

I expect better players to get better treament in terms of playing time and so on. You don't make a player sit on the bench if he's capable of winning you games with a second of brilliance.

I just hope he's patient about getting into the starting line up. Best and Ba have looked good together in the last couple of games, he might have to wait to get in ahead of either as things stand.

Agreed. Feel a bit sorry for Marvaeux as well, but that's competition for ya. :-)