Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

A big money striker would have started ahead of Ben Arfa in a 4-4-1-1, I would imagine.

It'd have given us options to do other things though, such as play Ben Arfa on the wing and play the new guy up front alongside Ba.

Best being in some sort of form has meant that's still something we can do, though Ba and Best as a duo still doesn't excite me at all. After that the next option is Shola, meaning we pretty much have to play Ben Arfa just off the lone striker because there aren't enough good options up front to do anything else.

A big money striker would have started ahead of Ben Arfa in a 4-4-1-1, I would imagine.

It'd have given us options to do other things though, such as play Ben Arfa on the wing and play the new guy up front alongside Ba.

Best being in some sort of form has meant that's still something we can do, though Ba and Best as a duo still doesn't excite me at all. After that the next option is Shola, meaning we pretty much have to play Ben Arfa just off the lone striker because there aren't enough good options up front to do anything else.

exactly, the better teams have options and are very fluid in their formations, we can afford to do this to a lesser degree.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Probably not the thread for it but when Tiote is away at the ACN , Cabaye and Abeid in the centre? I do really love a centre midfield who can keep possession.

Guthrie and Gosling will be ahead of Abeid though. More realistic to expect Cabaye and Marveaux?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Rooney is enjoying a purple patch much like Leon Best - he has a lot of class but I think it comes easier to Ben Arfa.

:spit:

You know nowt like.

I've watched youtubes of Best & Rooney & they are pretty much the same player.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/29/yohan-cabaye-hails-ben-arfa-s-comeback-72703-29506157/

Yohan Cabaye hails Ben Arfa's comeback

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Sep 29 2011

YOHAN CABAYE has described the sight of Hatem Ben Arfa back in a black and white shirt as “simply beautiful” and feels that the French playmaker’s moments of magic can win plenty of Premier League matches for Newcastle United.

Cabaye and Co tackle Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Black Country bidding to keep their unbeaten record up after a stunning start to the season that sees United sitting pretty in fourth spot.

The midfielder though – dubbed the Dreamboat by some Toon fans – is looking forward to Ben Arfa stepping things up on Saturday at Molineux as he homes in on full fitness, and feels that his first top-flight start will be icing on the cake for United’s French Connection after a positive start for new-look Newcastle.

Cabaye, who has proved a hit in his first few games for the Magpies, told the Chronicle: “Hatem can win a lot of matches for this team, he is a match winner.

“He is a beautiful player and I hope he continues to get fitter. The quicker that is the better for Newcastle, it’s very important.”

Cabaye feels that United’s new French signings are steadily beginning to find their feet in the Premier League and there has also been the added bonus of the 25-year-old linking up excellently with Cheick Tiote.

Throw in the return to fitness of flying ex-Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux and Demba Ba’s goal rush against Blackburn Rovers, and Cabaye is a happy man.

The former Lille double winner said: “We are all starting to play well now.

“Hatem has made two appearances now and I’m happy for him.

“Sylvain has also played in the last two games and is getting stronger. For Demba to get three goals is great for all of us. It shows how much we are all enjoying life at Newcastle.”

*fwaps*

How many times is Ryder going to use 'The Dreamboat' in his articles about Cabaye? :lol:

As many times as he uses English Premier League Stats Sponsored By EA SportsTM. Basically, until he can think of something more interesting to waste the minimum characters he has to write.

"Simply beautiful" :aww: :fwap: