Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Best is the one that goes for me, even though I quite rate him. Just think that Ba should be more suited to the formation and the style of Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marveux/Obertan/Jonas.

Best would be a very good option from the bench, he's capable of coming on and changing a game.

Erm... has the video gone? You know the one with the funky European soundtrack... :harry:

It's on dailymotion, not youtube.

Whoa, easy on the names there Sheila. I know where it was and it said "content removed"...

So who gets dropped once HBA reaches full fitness? Not sure myself.

It's a tough one.

Drop Saylor and Simpson for Willi and Ben Arfa. 3-5-2.

http://cdn.epicski.com/a/a0/a0560b4d_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

It's a tough one.

http://cdn.epicski.com/a/a0/a0560b4d_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

:lol:

Wasn't!

I think Ben Arfa will have to come in for Obertan initially, whcih is a shame, as I think Obertan will improve a ton the more he plays.

However, out of the front six it would have to be him I imagine. If either of the strikers lose form along the way, then he could move into the role just behind the other.

I just don't think it would be a good idea to drop either of the strikers while they are in good form and scoring goals.

Depends on the form of Ba and Best as I think people have alluded to already, but it's a very good question. As soon as HBA is back to full fitness the pressure on those two is going to be even greater because they'll know that one bad game will see them liable to getting dropped for him.

You'd imagine it'll be decided for Pardew though, given our luck with injuries.

It's a tough one.

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/images/Coaches/VenablesT_3.jpg

He'll start on the bench another couple of games anyway though, which will make it easier for Pardew, as he can just bring off the striker who is the least suited to stay on in that game, and won't have to make the decision now when they are both in good form.

Quite obviously going to be one of the strikers mind, with us playing 4-2-3-1, which we've done both times he's played for us under Pardew and Pardew has said he'd be wasted on the wing.

Guest hatem garrincha

Maybe a good time for people to stick "Hatem Ben Arfa vs. Everton" in Google again and enjoy the magic to bring some levity back to this thread. Myself included.

Please, please, please do not post football videos on this website. They are copyright material and are not allowed.

(Speaking of France versus Norway, are you guys having a banning competition at the moment?)

Can he not still play on the wing? not saying i wouldn't prefer him in the middle, and think the planned 4-2-3-1 is about right but in games where we desperately want 2 up front should that happen couldn't he slot in instead of Obertan? He can surely be told to have fair amount of freedom anyway (hasn't van der vaart been playing there for totenham lately oddly)

If we're chasing games and want two strikers on the pitch, I think we should bring back the old diamond formation on the midfield, with Ben Arfa in the attacking midfield position.

Cabaye goes where?

Oh shit. :lol:

Honestly don't know who I'd sub out of Cabaye and Tiote, guess it would depend on the game. Say there's fifteen minutes to go and we concede a goal which means we're now losing a game we were drawing against a non top 6 side, I'm pretty sure Cabaye could do the DM job.

If we're chasing games and want two strikers on the pitch, I think we should bring back the old diamond formation on the midfield, with Ben Arfa in the attacking midfield position.

Cabaye goes where?

Honestly don't know who I'd sub out of Cabaye and Tiote, guess it would depend on the game. Say there's fifteen minutes to go and we concede a goal which means we're now losing a game we were drawing against a non top 6 side, I'm pretty sure Cabaye could do the DM job.

It's an option I suppose, or in diamond he could go to the right and play a Barton style right.

It's good to have options, can't wait till this jigsaw is complete.

Guest hatem garrincha

Maybe a good time for people to stick "Hatem Ben Arfa vs. Everton" in Google again and enjoy the magic to bring some levity back to this thread. Myself included.

Please, please, please do not post football videos on this website. They are copyright material and are not allowed.

(Speaking of France versus Norway, are you guys having a banning competition at the moment?)

Ok, sorry. But there's a lot of France versus Norway on Youtube. The good one is "Ben Arfa VS Norway-11/08/10".

"Banning competition ?"  :lol:

You're the boss man, you decide.

Cabaye goes where?

It's an option I suppose, or in diamond he could go to the right and play a Barton style right.

First time in a long time I absolutely cannot wait for the next match.

Ok, sorry. But there's a lot of France versus Norway on Youtube. The good one is "Ben Arfa VS Norway-11/08/10".

"Banning competition ?"  :lol:

You're the boss man, you decide.

That comment was tongue-in-cheek (not serious), but yes football videos aren't allowed. You can tell people what to search Google for, though, as you did there.

Have you seen us play this season hatem garrincha? Who do you think we should remove from the team to allow Ben Arfa back in when he is ready?

(Fucking Michael "Captain Cutsies" Murphy strikes again.)

Cabaye goes where?

Aye, that could probably work as well.

In an ideal world, I want both Cabaye and Tiote on for 90 minutes in pretty much all our games, bot excellent players. At the moment though, I'd probably favour Cabaye if I had to chose, though that's probably cause he's new and I'm really liking what I've seen of him :thup:

Cabaye goes where?

Aye, that could probably work as well.

In an ideal world, I want both Cabaye and Tiote on for 90 minutes in pretty much all our games, bot excellent players. At the moment though, I'd probably favour Cabaye if I had to chose, though that's probably cause he's new and I'm really liking what I've seen of him :thup:

I wouldn't touch either of them (if fit) for at least half the season. They've gone from awkward as hell, to somewhat fluid. They're still learning how to read each other. Those little flashes of play where they both know exactly what the other wants are brilliant.

After a certain point in the second half, Tiote was just flat out bullshitting, it was so easy for him.