Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

If I was Ben Arfa I would rage if Best was starting ahead of me for more than 2-3 games due to me coming back. There is absolutely no way in hell Pardew shall let Ben Arfa sit on the bench if he's completely fit according to team doctors.

I expect better players to get better treament in terms of playing time and so on. You don't make a player sit on the bench if he's capable of winning you games with a second of brilliance.

yup

If I was Ben Arfa I would rage if Best was starting ahead of me for more than 2-3 games due to me coming back. There is absolutely no way in hell Pardew shall let Ben Arfa sit on the bench if he's completely fit according to team doctors.

I expect better players to get better treament in terms of playing time and so on. You don't make a player sit on the bench if he's capable of winning you games with a second of brilliance.

Best has won more games for us (this year) than anyone else has.

Think HBA will start against Spurs.  However good HBA is, it's going to be hard to drop Best if he puts in another performance and/or scores tomorrow.  As TRon says, Best and Ba are looking like a good front pairing, potential to get even better as well.  Can see Pardew citing tactical reasons for starting Hatem against Spurs though and it would be a good call to play him.

Might be totally wrong as well, but HBA has never been much of a scorer has he?  See him more as the assist man that will weigh in with about 6 or 7 a season.

Either way though, buzzing to see him back playing again.  Going to the Spurs game so hopefully he does start.

Think HBA will start against Spurs.  However good HBA is, it's going to be hard to drop Best if he puts in another performance and/or scores tomorrow.  As TRon says, Best and Ba are looking like a good front pairing, potential to get even better as well.  Can see Pardew citing tactical reasons for starting Hatem against Spurs though and it would be a good call to play him.

Might be totally wrong as well, but HBA has never been much of a scorer has he?  See him more as the assist man that will weigh in with about 6 or 7 a season.

Either way though, buzzing to see him back playing again.  Going to the Spurs game so hopefully he does start.

I think he could get quite a few goals this season, maybe double figures due to there being some awful defences in the league this year. Maybe it's just me but a lot of games seem a lot more open?

If a team is winning and performing well it's upto the players involved to slip up before those on the bench get their chance. Hatem Ben Arfa may get a few sub appearences as a result of this, but so fuck. As great a player he is, he has to bide his time and wait until the chance is there, and take it. Best had to. What message does it send out to your squad/entire club if you pick players based on ability or on paper? What matters is that we're winning games, not Ben Arfa is scoring/creating the goals.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I hope we'll see Ben Arfa and Santon against Spurs. Need to really test ourselves that day, see how far or close we are from that kind of level.

I hope we'll see Ben Arfa and Santon against Spurs. Need to really test ourselves that day, see how far or close we are from that kind of level.

Problem is we dont want to seperate the best-ba and cabaye-tiote pairings, he can play on the left but with jonas just getting a new deal i rekon he will defo start also....

Problem is we dont want to seperate the best-ba and cabaye-tiote pairings, he can play on the left but with jonas just getting a new deal i rekon he will defo start also....

i'd quite happily split up the best-ba partnership when ben arfa and marveaux are fully fit.

i'd quite happily split up the best-ba partnership when ben arfa and marveaux are fully fit.

I wouldnt personally, i wud much rather play with two proper strikers and give them time to gel as a partnership, maybe for odd away games have just one up top and possibly barfa in-behind the striker however...

"two proper strikers" sounds like souness. Also I don't see ba and best forming much of a partnership.

There's signs they can work together and I don't see anything wrong with going with it as long as they are scoring goals. Long term though Ben Arfa and Ba would be my choice as I think Ben Arfa will fill the gap between midfield and attack. Not to mention Ben Arfa is an international class star and whatever qualities the other two possess they are not on the same level.

"two proper strikers" sounds like souness. Also I don't see ba and best forming much of a partnership.

There's signs they can work together and I don't see anything wrong with going with it as long as they are scoring goals. Long term though Ben Arfa and Ba would be my choice as I think Ben Arfa will fill the gap between midfield and attack. Not to mention Ben Arfa is an international class star and whatever qualities the other two possess they are not on the same level.

:nods:

Aye, for the time being, the Ba-Best partnership is doing alright and I say stick with it for now.

its all ifs and buts but if we go to wolves and win 2 or 3 nil and best and ba are among the goals i can't see how with the team on such a good run and playing well can be broken up to fit in Ben Arfa and Santon for the next game just cos they are fit.  They will have to bide there time and wait for an opportunity.

I like Ba and Best but I'm not completely convinced they'd ever form a proper partnership. There were signs of one against Blackburn, but I'm not convinced. I think they can be effective upfront together simply as they both appear to be natural goalscorers but I'm just not convinced they'd ever be able to link up.

One of them ahead of Ben Arfa is probably the way forward IMO, so long as the midfield behind that is set up right.

its all ifs and buts but if we go to wolves and win 2 or 3 nil and best and ba are among the goals i can't see how with the team on such a good run and playing well can be broken up to fit in Ben Arfa and Santon for the next game just cos they are fit.  They will have to bide there time and wait for an opportunity.

Absolutely, when things are going so well it would only be rocking the boat to change it. Maybe less so in the case of Santon, as I'm sure Ryan Taylor knows he isn't a left back.

I like Ba and Best but I'm not completely convinced they'd ever form a proper partnership. There were signs of one against Blackburn, but I'm not convinced. I think they can be effective upfront together simply as they both appear to be natural goalscorers but I'm just not convinced they'd ever be able to link up.

One of them ahead of Ben Arfa is probably the way forward IMO, so long as the midfield behind that is set up right.

The only problem is that it's impossible to bench either of them right now.

Best is banging them in and he's the form of his career by a mile, playing so much better than anyone thought he could, and after a slow start Ba is starting to show the quality player he really is.

The only problem is that it's impossible to bench either of them right now.

Best is banging them in and he's the form of his career by a mile, playing so much better than anyone thought he could, and after a slow start Ba is starting to show the quality player he really is.

this more or less, HBA will get his chances but why rush him into the side when Ba and Best are both in form? Just keep with the sub appearances for now to help build up his fitness, at the end of the day he has missed a year of football and it would be foolish to expect him to just jump into the side so soon.

On a side note I was impressed with the Ba-Best partnership last week and imho it shows promise but these things take time to really form