Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/6294507/Hoffenheim-hold-Ben-Arfa-talks?

Some quotes from hoffenheim assistant regarding talks with HBA.

Thats it then. Time to close the thread.

Yeh because Hoffenheim are a much bigger club than us  :rolleyes:

They're not. They're the German equivalent to Wigan with a bit more money. I suspect they'll be able to offer him bigger wages though

I was being sarcastic.

It's more a case of me wondering where they came from to even negotiate with a player like Ben Arfa. Wikipedia says Hoffenheim has a population of 3,272.

Very rich owner.

Richer than ours?

It's more a case of me wondering where they came from to even negotiate with a player like Ben Arfa. Wikipedia says Hoffenheim has a population of 3,272.

Very rich owner.

Richer than ours?

Considerably.

How. Annoying.

i hate the fact we are always going for a bargin.... a quality player wants to join us and we are etting greedy again. I hate u Ashley.....

what in the fact we paid 27M combined for michael owen and luque, where we could of bought 2 players for 10M that would of delivered a lot more than both them

This looks like two down syndromes attempting to discuss football. Whats that got to do with anything?

:lol:

As been mentioned, they have a rich owner and have played in highest Bundesliga for only two seasons. They have their home stadium in Sinsheim with a population of 30k. But it's not far from Mannheim (300k pop), where they also played half of their first Bundesliga season before the new stadium was ready. They now have an average attendance of 29k.

Guest Heneage

i hate the fact we are always going for a bargin.... a quality player wants to join us and we are etting greedy again. I hate u Ashley.....

what in the fact we paid 27M combined for michael owen and luque, where we could of bought 2 players for 10M that would of delivered a lot more than both them

This looks like two down syndromes attempting to discuss football. Whats that got to do with anything?

:lol: :lol:

Guest BooBoo

If the lad is in talks with the Germans then it's pretty much over as our lot are incompetent when it comes to sealing a deal when theres competition for a signature, especially where a transfer fee is involved. We've made a crappy bid that's been knocked back and now we'll just sit back and watch another decent player slip through our fingers.

Guest Heneage

If the lad is in talks with the Germans then it's pretty much over as our lot are incompetent when it comes to sealing a deal when theres competition for a signature, especially where a transfer fee is involved. We've made a crappy bid that's been knocked back and now we'll just sit back and watch another decent player slip through our fingers.

Put the razor blades down Otter.

Former football agent on Twitter who is usually spot on with his transfer gossip says that Ben Arfa move will only be a loan if it happens.

This is illogical. If it is a loan it will not happen. Others are willing to pay money. This is not the optimal strategy to acquire the player. In fact, it is a defeatist admission that we will not complete the transfer.

Former football agent on Twitter who is usually spot on with his transfer gossip says that Ben Arfa move will only be a loan if it happens.

This is illogical. If it is a loan it will not happen. Others are willing to pay money. This is not the optimal strategy to acquire the player. In fact, it is a defeatist admission that we will not complete the transfer.

At the end of the day though, Ben Arfa can leave for €3m next summer. If he doesn't want to leave permanently, then Marseille can't sell him, simple as that.

He might prefer a loan deal in a top league, showcase himself, and go to a big club for peanuts. Simples.

Alternatively, Marseille have one very unhappy player stuck on their books if they didn't loan him out.

Guest BooBoo

The bloke on Twitter claiming it's a loan or nothing was the first source to break the Dan Gosling to NUFC story. Bloke seems to know his stuff.

Guest secteur2010

You sound like fucking Spock.

surely we all knew it wasnt happening

I think it is very sensible to try for a loan. It looks as if he could end up costing £7/8m which is, realistically, going to be a decent chunk of our transfer budget this summer. Obviously we don't now what the budget is but IMO the number one priority should be signing a good striker and if I had to choose between a good striker and Ben Arfa I'd choose the striker.

The move needs to be right for the club and while it is good to go after a target such as Ben Arfa when they become available, it should not comprimise out overall transfer strategy for the summer. This may mean the player goes to a different club because we can't afford the fee but that is reality.

Personnally, I also have reservations about his role. He plays the majority of the time as a left winger and that position is already filled by a very capable player. Now, if the plan is to have him play the majority of the time in central midfield then I am even more in favour of a loan as we don't want to get him here and find out he is more of a left winger after we have paid £7m.