Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

The key issue at hand for me personally, does Pardew have the ability to change the team to play better flowing football which is instrumental for Ben to perform on a consistent basis. Atm  we are playing a more english style that has more emphasis on pressing and playing balls to the heads or shoulders of our strikers. I think Ben still perform in the current team, but it would be difficult to bring the best out of him.

This is one of the points Im unsure about. Quality players who can do the unexpected need other quality players to interchange with. Im not confident that Jonas or Obertan are the type who would gel well with Ben Arfa. Marveaux on the left is the right sort of player as demonstrated in the cup game.

As others have said its either a case of building a team around him or struggling to find him a role that fits into "the team".

In my ideal world he would ideally fit in midfield behind the two strikers but really thats where Cabaye is. We have already seen how good Cabaye is and can be with his shooting around the box and the worry is that they end up getting in each others way.

Regardless of whether its right, wrong or ideal, I think his best route into the team is on one of the wings.

My god!

The lad's been out for a full year through injury. He has done nothing wrong so far (unless you count looking a bit rusty at times "wrong").

He doesn't warrant the massive scrutiny he's being put under at the minute.

It's no good, it'll never work!

Save yourself! :frantic:

this thread ffs :lol:

Can I just second and third this?

Any chance we can stop this thread being so shite?

Only way thats going to happen is if people stop being so precious about him. Given he has a near 1000 page thread and has hardly kicked a ball for the club, its pretty inevitable that his every move is going to be scrutinised now and forever more.

Lets not forget not one person has said he's shit or should be sold etc. People are just commenting on what they see at the match or on the telly. Its quite normal with any player that one fan will see a good performance and another fan will see a poor display.

Not so sure why this particular player cause such vitriol. Shame really.

Any chance we can stop this thread being so s****?

Only way thats going to happen is if people stop being so precious about him. Given he has a near 1000 page thread and has hardly kicked a ball for the club, its pretty inevitable that his every move is going to be scrutinised now and forever more.

Lets not forget not one person has said he's s*** or should be sold etc. People are just commenting on what they see at the match or on the telly. Its quite normal with any player that one fan will see a good performance and another fan will see a poor display.

To be honest oak tree, you are pretty much the sole reason the thread had decended into shitness. Constantly wuming people and getting them to bite. Any other player, a sub appreance would have been 'he done ok, needs abit of time'. However, with speculation about reserves, bust ups and refusals you have gotton everyones backs up.

This type of thing doesnt go on in the real World, in the pub pre match ive heard non of this shite. If someone saod half of the shite you have spouted in here - they'd be laughed out the place.

Lets not forget not one person has said he's s*** or should be sold etc. People are just commenting on what they see at the match or on the telly. Its quite normal with any player that one fan will see a good performance and another fan will see a poor display.

To be honest oak tree, you are pretty much the sole reason the thread had decended into shitness. Constantly wuming people and getting them to bite. Any other player, a sub appreance would have been 'he done ok, needs abit of time'. However, with speculation about reserves, bust ups and refusals you have gotton everyones backs up.

This type of thing doesnt go on in the real World, in the pub pre match ive heard non of this shite. If someone saod half of the shite you have spouted in here - they'd be laughed out the place.

Seriously, you need to grow up a bit. How old are you?

I described his sub appearance as average which is similar to okay I would have thought. Not crap, not special.

I commented on the reserve situation due to it being in the local paper that day!!!

Your continual precious crocodile tears about grown ups discussing different points of view on the internet is cringe worthy tbh.

This type of thing doesnt go on in the real World, in the pub pre match ive heard non of this s****. If someone saod half of the s**** you have spouted in here - they'd be laughed out the place.

I described his sub appearance as average which is similar to okay I would have thought. Not crap, not special.

I commented on the reserve situation due to it being in the local paper that day!!!

Your continual precious crocodile tears about grown ups discussing different points of view on the internet is cringe worthy tbh.

Coming from the guy who brought us '3 more sleeps'  is quite an insult.

Its not just his sub appreances you have commenting on though. You have been bangin on about the reserves with no substance. Didnt you start speculating about him maybe telling lies about going to see his family? Have you not said it wouldnt suprise you if he was sold this or next window? Have you not talked about tension between him and Pardew?

Its all wummery intended to get people to bite - fair play, its worked.

Guest Haris Vuckic

This type of thing doesnt go on in the real World, in the pub pre match ive heard non of this s****. If someone saod half of the s**** you have spouted in here - they'd be laughed out the place.

Its not just his sub appreances you have commenting on though. You have been bangin on about the reserves with no substance. Didnt you start speculating about him maybe telling lies about going to see his family? Have you not said it wouldnt suprise you if he was sold this or next window? Have you not talked about tension between him and Pardew?

Yep - and as we seen before - a true wum knows the ins and outs of the ignore function & generally patronises people as an aside to any debate.

He's good - probably fat and probably a mackem being from Boldon - so don't feed the troll.

Yep - and as we seen before - a true wum knows the ins and outs of the ignore function & generally patronises people as an aside to any debate.

He's good - probably fat and probably a mackem being from Boldon - so don't feed the troll.

I'm not I'm done with him and the thread. Its out of control.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If you leave him be or don't take him seriously he'll go elsewhere with his dour patter. Hopefully off a large cliff.

See this is what happens when you pour vitriol into the internet without pausing for thought.

I think I have made one comment on his sub appearances, the last one.

I said I would like him played in the reserves (like Marveaux) to get match fit so that he was sharp when his chance came (Bags of substance).

The reserves / family story was a story in the Newcastle local paper, two days running, that I commented on.

I said it wouldnt surprise me if he was sold in one of the next two windows and gave clear reasons why.

Another poster mentioned the tensions between Pardew and HBA at Saturdays match. Im sure there will be tension and it is a case of Pardew managing that tension.

The wummery is posters like yourself who shout down without any thought or reasoned argument.

Waouuuuu !!!!!  :yikes:

what football masturbation

this thread

Thanks for the intelligent contribution. If you think the thread is shite then don't post. It is a fairly straightforward concept.

Leave the discussion to those that have something to say. For the sake of clarity, the thread title is "Hatem Ben Arfa" and as such the implication when a thread title is a player's name is that discussions regarding the player are held here. Performances, newspaper commentary, opinions on the player's style and attributes are all fair game.

Then the rest of us would not have to endure your tiresome posts.

Of course, having said that, I guess it is equally fair to post "OMG BEN ARFA IS THE GREATEST" as well.

While I thought he did well in his cameo, Baggio has a point in that passage of play.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6209/skrmklippu.png

At this point, if he plays it forward with his preferred left foot in the space behind Distin, Ba is almost certain to get there first (he already has his speed up, and as we see in the following frames, goes past Distin).

Not that I really see the point in nitpicking in one passage of play, we won, and Ben Arfa made a decent cameo.

Excellent!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder why Mick didn't post this screen shot where Ben Arfa had plenty of space to play it in to and Ba was making the run waiting for the ball to be dropped over? That's the thing when you're debating a guy from memory who has access to screenshots but only shows you the ones that suit his agenda. O0

It's clear from the picture that I was right in what I said and the chance to finish the game off was there, the question to the people saying he was doing what he was told and holding on to the ball is why didn't he run it into the corner if that was the case? Instead he tried to beat the man again and ended up losing it allowing Everton to bring it forward again. Brilliant ball retention that. :lol:

As is pretty obvious this opinion doesn't suit Mick, his Pardew bashing bum chum Wullie and a selection of fan boys on this forum but there's no need to cry about it lads, I'm sure he'll be amazing soon and you lot can w*** yourselves silly when he does finally get an assist or something.

What was he supposed to do to use the preferred left foot that he's actually standing on, hop?

Give it a rest, your looking stupid now.

Hop. :lol:

He could have played it with his left a split second before that screenshot was taken. O0

As for looking stupid, you've been shown up to post screenshots to try and shoot down my point not banking on someone else posting one that proved me right, quite embarrassing for you really.

Baggio wanting a glory ball in the 89th minute rather than having the player keep hold of the ball and your calling Ben Arfa? Dear me.

He had 3 options as far as I was concerned.

1) Play the ball over to Ba to run clean through.

2) Run the ball into the corner and kill time.

3) Turn around and play it back to Guthrie.

He didn't do any of these things, instead he tried to beat the same man a few times and ended up losing the ball in our own half, that isn't keeping the ball.

Baggio wanting a glory ball in the 89th minute rather than having the player keep hold of the ball and your calling Ben Arfa? Dear me.

He had 3 options as far as I was concerned.

1) Play the ball over to Ba to run clean through.

2) Run the ball into the corner and kill time.

3) Turn around and play it back to Guthrie.

He didn't do any of these things, instead he tried to beat the same man a few times and ended up losing the ball in our own half, that isn't keeping the ball.

We all have 3 options now.

1) Shut the fuck up

2) Shut the fuck up

3) Shut the fuck up

This thread got boring now, was fun last night for a while, now its over the top.

Ben Arfa is like Ronaldo said, an OK player. How about that? Everyone happy now?