Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

so when do people panic, 3 days before the end of the transfer window.

with the injury to leon best, we need at least 4 bodies in now

in rare agreement with neesy here like, fucks me off when people come up with the "don't panic" shit - it's plain and clear what's needed and ashley's track record suggests we won't get it so why fucking ignore that?

personally not panicking 'cause i don't expect us to sign any decent players unless they're loans, think we're pretty much set now

Panic all you want, the transfer window will resolve itself, we may get in plenty by the time it closes we may not, the truth is we have no influence over what will happen so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I agree with neesy like. We've left things far too late, what was the deal with hughton getting things done early?

You tell me? What deal was that?

End of last season Hughton saying we had an 'advantage' over everybody else knowing what our future was meaning we could prepare early for bringing people in. Yet we're now seemingly behind in terms of recruitment...

Guest palnese

Chelsea have brought in 2 players and lost about 6. When do they start to panic?

They have got a lot of young talent coming through their ranks. I do not think they need more than 1, maybe 2 new signings.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Chelsea have brought in 2 players and lost about 6. When do they start to panic?

Tomorrow morning

I agree with neesy like. We've left things far too late, what was the deal with hughton getting things done early?

End of last season Hughton saying we had an 'advantage' over everybody else knowing what our future was meaning we could prepare early for bringing people in. Yet we're now seemingly behind in terms of recruitment...

Sadly we cant just "bring people in" without asking the other club :lol: They might not be doing deals as early as we would like them to and lot of our signings might be dependent on other clubs bringing someone in first.

I`m getting sick and tired of the Ashley regime at this point, he has really crossed the line this time.

What line has he crossed?  Please tell me?

Lets face it this whole HBA saga is based on Rumours and the French Press. Who ACTUALLY knows what is going on behind closed doors? I personally don't see what Ashleys Regime has got to do with anything until clear cut FACTS have been made known!

I`m getting sick and tired of the Ashley regime at this point, he has really crossed the line this time.

What line has he crossed?  Please tell me?

Lets face it this whole HBA saga is based on Rumours and the French Press. Who ACTUALLY knows what is going on behind closed doors? I personally don't see what Ashleys Regime has got to do with anything until clear cut FACTS have been made known!

;D

We've brought in three players, if Ben Arfa signed tomorrow would you still say we were behind?

Headline saying he's not left, Marseille want to keep him, he wants to go to Newcastle.

something really doesn't add up about that does it?  he's at the french champions, can go to other teams who'll have better domestic campaigns than us and he'll not get an increase in wages

yet he wants to come to us

hm.... ???

Its pretty obvious, he wasn't to play in the Premiership, he wants to showcase what he can do and you don't showcase yourself in the French, German or Portuguese leagues.

When do we pull out of the deal, we can't keep going along like this ?!?

The player is away on international duty, so nothing was ever going to be finalised until later in the week.

The press are just filling the gap with all sorts of speculation.

There's a player who wants to come here, probably way above the level anyone was imagining us signing this summer, we're in talks with the club, the player is on international duty so couldn't sign yet anyway...and we should drop out now? :lol: Mental tbh. There's still 3 weeks to go man!

We've brought in three players, if Ben Arfa signed tomorrow would you still say we were behind?

If...

I'd still say we'd be behind in terms of improving the team. The way it stands we've only got 1 new player who is fit and ready to go and he's seemingly very average.

We're no further forward from last season and the way we stand we're going to really struggle. I'm not panicking about it because ultimately there is nothing we can do, but that doesn't mean I can't point the blame at the management for failing to strengthen at all before the first game.

They will try and drag this out for as long as possible until either we cave and pay a transfer fee, a club he wants to go to comes forward, it gets to the last minute so they agree a loan or they decide to keep him.

That covers all the bases I think :lol: basically I don't think it will happen for a while yet.

Headline saying he's not left, Marseille want to keep him, he wants to go to Newcastle.

something really doesn't add up about that does it?  he's at the french champions, can go to other teams who'll have better domestic campaigns than us and he'll not get an increase in wages

yet he wants to come to us

hm.... ???

Its pretty obvious, he wasn't to play in the Premiership, he wants to showcase what he can do and you don't showcase yourself in the French, German or Portuguese leagues.

Aren't OM in the CL :lol:

And top end of the German League >>>>> Fighting relegation in the PL I'm afraid for showcasing talent. 

Showcasing talent doesn't just mean playing where the TV ratings are highest you know?  Playing in a shit team that might struggle against relegation is not likely to help him on a personal level is it?

As I said, doesn't add up for me.