Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest malandro

the situation is dassier is a moron who seems hopelessly out of his depth in his job

Not really.. I think he is looking after the interest of l'OM, not NUFC's, in the way you would expect him to tbh...

That would be fair comment if we hadn't agreed a deal which he renegade on. The agent himself has said they set conditions which we met, only for them to turn around and change the conditions.

Like we did with Milner a couple of seasons ago?

What has that got to do with anything?The difference in that deal was that we actually cancelled that deal as we wanted to keep the player, we didn't just up the price.

And Milner didn’t go on strike, which considering that deal was far further down the line than this one when the ‘selling’ club had a change of heart was clearly a mistake. Young Mr Milner should have refused to play for NUFC.... yes/no?

the situation is dassier is a moron who seems hopelessly out of his depth in his job

Not really.. I think he is looking after the interest of l'OM, not NUFC's, in the way you would expect him to tbh...

That would be fair comment if we hadn't agreed a deal which he renegade on. The agent himself has said they set conditions which we met, only for them to turn around and change the conditions.

What has that got to do with anything?The difference in that deal was that we actually cancelled that deal as we wanted to keep the player, we didn't just up the price.

It's virtually the same man.. They have decided they can't afford to let him go, but if they have to (and it looks that way) they want rid permanently and to bring in a replacement. Wouldn't you?

Interestingly, the interview then moves onto the Fabiano transfer, and he complains that everything was sorted between the clubs before, but the goal posts have moved and they are being held to ransom.. ;)

Looks like they got screwed by Sevilla and so decided to do the same to Newcastle also. Typical.

Like we did with Dyer?

Oh, that too..

We can cry wolf about the OM chairman all we want, the fact remains no deal had been agreed up to the point where it is legally binding. We have gone back on deals in the past, and we certainly cannot expect other clubs to just go against their interest to benefit ours. The situation is still very much in our favour IYAM. All we have to do is put in a reasonable offer that is acceptable to the club that holds his registration. Or wait for another club to come in and steal the deal away from under our noses..

Guest malandro

It's virtually the same man.. They have decided they can't afford to let him go, but if they have to (and it looks that way) they want rid permanently and to bring in a replacement. Wouldn't you?

I’m sick of our club’s strategy of targeting players who have some kind of ‘dispute’ with their clubs. We did it with Jonas. We sort of did it with it Williamson. We did it with Gosling, and now we’re trying to do it with Arfa. Carry on like this for a few more years and the name of NUFC will be mud.

It might look like good business now but what goes around comes around.

Guest Heneage

Like we did with Dyer?

There we go, at least that example is actually an example. Mind you I don't know where I've said that we are some angelic club that would never do this to anyone.

My point is, they are being cocks and have got themselves into this mess, blaming us is stupid.

As for 'Unbelievable's point. I'm sure quotes attributed to his agent say that Deschamps told him to find a new club.

Like we did with Dyer?

There we go, at least that example is actually an example. Mind you I don't know where I've said that we are some angelic club that would never do this to anyone.

My point is, they are being cocks and have got themselves into this mess, blaming us is stupid.

As for 'Unbelievable's point. I'm sure quotes attributed to his agent say that Deschamps told him to find a new club.

Boo f***ing boo.. The fact remains, if we want him, we still have to negotiate a deal that is acceptable to them, wouldn't you agree?

They're not blaming this on us btw..

I've tried to avoid it, but i've just You Tubed him.  Big mistake - appetite whetted and I'll be even more gutted when it doesn't happen.

Try watching him play and making John Arne Riise and Brede Hangeland look like junior footballers for 45 minutes. :(

I have never seen him on youtube and never will do. Either I'll see him in a black and white shirt or never.  :lol:

Edit: To be true, I did watch that goal against Norway.

Good job that was a tap-in then.

It was a goal from outside the box?

I have never seen him on youtube and never will do. Either I'll see him in a black and white shirt or never.  :lol:

I think you have been wooshed mate..

I think you have been wooshed mate..

Probably...  :lol:

So he starts off saying they wanted rid but situations change and clubs change their minds, he wants to speak to speak and try and reconcile. Then at the end hes saying he wants to flog him?

Make your mind up man!

hes making ashley and llambias look competent which is as damning a criticism as i can think of

:lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6314707,00.html

Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier insists he remains open to talks with Newcastle target Hatem Ben Arfa.

France international Ben Arfa has reached a stalemate with the French champions after they rejected his plea for a move to St James' Park this summer.

Ben Arfa, who has refused to train over the last few days and was dropped for Saturday's Ligue 1 defeat at Valenciennes, has said he will not return to the club and insists his future lies with the Magpies.

However, while condemning his attitude, Marseille chief Dassier has left the door open for negotiations with the temperamental 23-year-old forward.

"We cannot accept Hatem Ben Arfa's attitude," Dassier told French radio station RTL. "A professional player must honour his contract.

"That said, I don't want to be the man who ruins Ben Arfa's career."

He added: "Let's try to talk and see if we can find a solution."

Marseille have endured a dismal start to their title defence, losing their first two league matches of the season.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6314707,00.html

Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier insists he remains open to talks with Newcastle target Hatem Ben Arfa.

France international Ben Arfa has reached a stalemate with the French champions after they rejected his plea for a move to St James' Park this summer.

Ben Arfa, who has refused to train over the last few days and was dropped for Saturday's Ligue 1 defeat at Valenciennes, has said he will not return to the club and insists his future lies with the Magpies.

However, while condemning his attitude, Marseille chief Dassier has left the door open for negotiations with the temperamental 23-year-old forward.

"We cannot accept Hatem Ben Arfa's attitude," Dassier told French radio station RTL. "A professional player must honour his contract.

"That said, I don't want to be the man who ruins Ben Arfa's career."

He added: "Let's try to talk and see if we can find a solution."

Marseille have endured a dismal start to their title defence, losing their first two league matches of the season.

Have you seen that picture of him, he looks very excited. Maybe that was the moment he found out the toon were interested

Guest VegasToon

So he starts off saying they wanted rid but situations change and clubs change their minds, he wants to speak to speak and try and reconcile. Then at the end hes saying he wants to flog him?

Make your mind up man!

hes making ashley and llambias look competent which is as damning a criticism as i can think of

Completely agree.  You have to fell a little sorry for the Marsaille supporters.