Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

To put our penny pinching further into perspective, Liverpool, in vast debt that far exceeds ours, just paid nearly 3m for a keeper that couldn't cut it in the Championship.

I realise you were going for the opposite but that sounds like an endorsement of our policy more than anything.

To put our penny pinching further into perspective, Liverpool, in vast debt that far exceeds ours, just paid nearly 3m for a keeper that couldn't cut it in the Championship.

I realise you were going for the opposite but that sounds like an endorsement of our policy more than anything.

i rather agree

That's the market value Luca is my point. We are looking to pay market value circa 1992.

Prices can't won't keep going up indefinitely.

With the exception of, perhaps, Man City the majority of clubs don't have cash to piss away. Those that try are increasingly finding themselves very fucked very quickly.

Our way of doing business is going to be the norm if it isn't already.

Maybe we aren't offering enough money to get some of our targets and it might cause us to miss some of them, but if the alternative is spending money we don't have - particularly on players that may or may not be suited to English football - then I prefer our way over Liverpool's.

Guest taps01

Apparently (according to the OM forums) this was in L'Equipe this morning:

The second attacker waited by OM happen it probably until next week . Yesterday , 18 hours, Marseille have started preparations for the reception of Lorient on Saturday . A game where "the three points are very important , " said Deschamps. For the third straight time , Hatem Ben Arfa dried training. The striker did not reappear at the training center Robert Louis - Dreyfus since his quarrel with Dassier last Thursday . It is more than ever decided to join Newcastle. Within forty- eight hours, his English dream could take shape . The OM has resumed contact with the leaders of the Magpies to ask them to reconsider their offer. This cons -proposal focuses on several details , including how the purchase option . Nothing insurmountable , then .

What is the general consensus on the OM board do they think he will join us?

I can't see him getting a starting spot week in week out at Milan, whereas he would do here.

Maybe that's the great appeal for him, at least for the time being?

I read that he mentioned he'd be played in his preferred position here and would undoubtedly be our 'star player', perhaps that's how he wants it?

I reckon he could thrive on being the big fish in the preverbial small pond, rather than a squad player at a bigger club.

Ah, who knows.

more fool them really, tbh.

I can't imagine we've just not bothered talking to Marseille about this since his arrival in town.

RE: Signing Ben Arfa in general...

He's a left winger, isn't he?

Our best attack option for most of the last two seasons has been the combination of Enrique and Jonas down the left flank.

While signing highly rated youngsters is a tactic I'm happy the club are following through on, is signing Ben Arfa really a priority?

He's also clearly got some personality issues. We haven't dealt with flouncy twats very well in recent years and I can't see that changing under Hughton.

If we had a man manager in the SBR mold then maybe I'd say, "why not?" but as it stands I don't think someone like Ben Arfa  is necessarily someone we need around the club... or we need to hire a manager who could handle such players.

His preferred position is behind the striker apparently.

If you think a bad attitude would out way what a player like Ben Arfa could add to our team then you can't have watched the Manure game.

That's the market value Luca is my point. We are looking to pay market value circa 1992.

Prices can't won't keep going up indefinitely.

With the exception of, perhaps, Man City the majority of clubs don't have cash to piss away. Those that try are increasingly finding themselves very fucked very quickly.

Our way of doing business is going to be the norm if it isn't already.

Maybe we aren't offering enough money to get some of our targets and it might cause us to miss some of them, but if the alternative is spending money we don't have - particularly on players that may or may not be suited to English football - then I prefer our way over Liverpool's.

Absolutely, the likes of Everton, Villa, Liverpool - even ManU and Spurs this summer are cutting their cloth in a different manner. Maybe we are going too extreme, but if (big if time) we stay up this season and next you will see a Newcastle in rude financial shape who no longer pay inflated wages for inflated egos and are seen as a good choice for promising players.

Football as we knew it 5 years ago is dead, and thank fuck for that.

Our best attack option for most of the last two seasons has been the combination of Enrique and Jonas down the left flank.

While signing highly rated youngsters is a tactic I'm happy the club are following through on, is signing Ben Arfa really a priority?

He's also clearly got some personality issues. We haven't dealt with flouncy twats very well in recent years and I can't see that changing under Hughton.

If we had a man manager in the SBR mold then maybe I'd say, "why not?" but as it stands I don't think someone like Ben Arfa  is necessarily someone we need around the club... or we need to hire a manager who could handle such players.

Back down the snake to page 2 for you where those questions were first asked :)

I think that approach is ludicrous. Tv money will keep increasing and so will transfer fees. Spending zero will never become the norm in football like it is at NUFC. If that's the way you prefer business to be done, fair enough. I'd rather have a successful team and manageable debt than a shit one with no debt. If we don't sign someone with craft in midfield, we will be relegated and that will cost the club more. Ashley didn't get it last time and hasn't learned his lesson it seems.

Seems it would be HBA + 4 mill.. hmm would they go for that ?

It's not up to them :lol:

If anything, Ben Arfa seems like the kind of person that would reject the move just because it'd benefit Marseille.

People can skirt around the issue and be as negative as they like ("He's never going to come to us. NOOOO. Excuse me while I go slit my wrists..."), he seems pretty hellbent on coming here.

Back down the snake to page 2 for you where those questions were first asked :)

Question about where he plays was, other than that I just a lot of masturbation.

Do I gather you think he would be a good signing?

Another article saying it should be resolved soon:

http://www.lephoceen.fr/depeches-OM/vers-la-fin-du-feuilleton-ben-arfa-20809

Towards the end of the series Ben Arfa?

on 17/08/2010 at 10:09

While it was once again absent from practice Monday, Hatem Ben Arfa is currently in a situation of deadlock with OM. The midfielder does not want to play or train with the club Phocaean and request a transfer to Newcastle, but the loan fee proposed by the English team does not appear to meet the leaders Olympians.

However, Jean-Claude Dassier, who wants to play the card of appeasement (read here), told CMJ that the series would be soon end: "In two days maximum, will be resolved. We will explain everything and then" he said.

Ben Arfa, missing training since last Thursday, will be punished as provided in the Rules of the LFP due to a "reduction of 1/30th of the monthly fixed salary per day of absence." After ten days, the club is entitled to request the suspension of the player's contract: "In ten days, if the player was not available to his club, it may request the suspension effects of the contract to the law. "

Guest benarfaNUFC

If we had a man manager in the SBR mold then maybe I'd say, "why not?" but as it stands I don't think someone like Ben Arfa is necessarily someone we need around the club... or we need to hire a manager who could handle such players.

Ben arfa is 10 (baggio kaka ....)stat assists = goal

I'm a really big idiot.