Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lol dosnt mean he can leave to us.

How many times have you posted now saying this isn't going to happen?

about 3? Probably less than you actually

I'm just not getting my hopes up. We have seen it too many times.

http://www.om.net/fr/OMtv_Online/301003/Accueil/5308/_Les_Experts_OM_avec_Deschamps_extraits

Video interview with Deschamps on Marseille website dated today which mentions Ben Arfa. French speakers, get on it! :)

Just listened:

"Hatem played a lot of games for OM last season, 29 in league, then in all cups, 40 in total. He was a big performer. I watched a lot of football last year, a lot of OM games, I saw he was important, and thought we would use him.

He has a lot of talent. That's clear. But he's difficult for coaches becaue he doesn't always use his talent.

In pre-season I gave no gurantees to anyone. Each selection depended on individual performance and the competition for places. Hatem came back to pre-season training and had put on a lot of weight, not just 2kg eh. He didn't seem to be working as hard.

We had a discussion, I took Stephane (?) so it wouldn't just be my word against Hatem's, we had a third party to witness. I said to Hatem 'What you're doing isn't right, you're not preparing properly' and I think he agreed with this.

After this, he seemed to work a lot harder and try more- I don't know, maybe he already had the goal of leaving us at this point. He went and had a good 45mins for France, and I was pleased for him. But then he wouldn't come back here. I don't know why.

I had said that keeping Mamadh (Niang) was always my first option, and Hatem was free to find another club. But that changed when we lost Mamadh. Obviously that changes priorities.  That is being a coach.

Now Hatem still wants to leave. I'm sorry we can't keep him, but he won't speak to me. So, he can leave."

Just jotted down notes when listening to it, so the above is paraphrased slightly.

serious?

Last sentence: 'Il peut tres bien partir'.

There always has to be someone who does this. There's a common consensus that a consensus cannot be reached if you are in anyway affiliated with Newcastle United. We need users like gdm or otherwise, it would be like dividing by 0.

12 actually. I counted. ;)

12 actually. I counted. ;)

Saddo. :)