Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

Would be the best for every team/manager if the transfer window started two weeks earlier and ended as soon as the league started.

Exactly.

Agree to a degree, but it's not really enforceable or practical throughout Europer since leagues start at different times.

The current way ain't working though.

current system is actually inflating transfer fee's as clubs get desperate and throw in stupid amounts of money for players right next to the deadline i.e. Robinho

Would be the best for every team/manager if the transfer window started two weeks earlier and ended as soon as the league started.

Exactly.

Agree to a degree, but it's not really enforceable or practical throughout Europer since leagues start at different times.

1st June -> 31st July instead of 1st July > 31st August. Simples.

Exactly.

The leagues should all start at the same time then.

That's shit as well, anyway. Why can't every league start and end at the same time? Surely not that hard to sort out. (With exceptions to those norway and russia for example)

Exactly.

current system is actually inflating transfer fee's as clubs get desperate and throw in stupid amounts of money for players right next to the deadline i.e. Robinho

to be fair only a tiny ammount of clubs can do that.

Guest neesy111

Dont think Ashleys done anything wrong. We didnt get him, oh well.

If he's not prepared to stick his hand in his pocket for the benefit of the team, he shouldn't be the owner of a football club.

He has done wrong in doing nothing to address problems that are 2-3 seasons old.

he made his position clear that he wasnt going to put his hand in his pocket

This season aye.

What happened to the Milner money and Given dosh that was promised to go back into the team? 20m a season kitty was also promised?

went to cover wages that were paid to players, the clubs made large losses last few years and the money to pay that had to come from somewhere

The wages are covered through the general income the club makes, so that's a load of bollocks tbf

the club had for several years spent considerably more than it had coming in. the catch 22 comes when needing to invest to try to make money to pay it off or what to do when it doesn't work.

Mainly due to blowing massive transfer fees on s**** for so many years and selling players for next to nowt, the wages however would be covered by general income.

we were spending close to 70% of the entire turnover on wages. thats not sustainable.

ashley has been at the club 3 years, if that isn't enough time to sort the payroll, then he shouldn't be managing any business tbh

but he is sorting the payroll..........that is the root of your ire.

how? by putting the likes of kevin nolan on 50k a week, colocini 80k a week! both signed in the last 2 years

If he's not prepared to stick his hand in his pocket for the benefit of the team, he shouldn't be the owner of a football club.

He has done wrong in doing nothing to address problems that are 2-3 seasons old.

This season aye.

What happened to the Milner money and Given dosh that was promised to go back into the team? 20m a season kitty was also promised?

went to cover wages that were paid to players, the clubs made large losses last few years and the money to pay that had to come from somewhere

The wages are covered through the general income the club makes, so that's a load of bollocks tbf

the club had for several years spent considerably more than it had coming in. the catch 22 comes when needing to invest to try to make money to pay it off or what to do when it doesn't work.

Mainly due to blowing massive transfer fees on s**** for so many years and selling players for next to nowt, the wages however would be covered by general income.

we were spending close to 70% of the entire turnover on wages. thats not sustainable.

ashley has been at the club 3 years, if that isn't enough time to sort the payroll, then he shouldn't be managing any business tbh

aye but the fat tw@t started his reign at the club giving the likes of Smith 60k a week, Colo 80k a week and then realised shit the club can't afford to pay out that much.

Guest neesy111

Exactly.

happens at all levels, i.e. xisco for 5 million

Since this transfer window was introduced have we ever been fully sorted out before the season starts? Year after year, we're continually scraping round for scraps on deadline day. They have two whole months to bring in players and it goes down to the wire every time.

Shambles.

Even when we're offered exactly what we need at an affordable price. :lol:

Think it's pretty obvious now that this has been the reason Marseille have been stalling. I don't think Werder Bremen have suddenly got this money tonight and thought, "What shall we do with this then? Let's get that French lad". Werder Bremen have probably been in contact for a week or so now saying don't accept anything from anyone yet until Ozil's gone to Madrid then they'll offer this. We've probably offered what they asked for but Werder have blown it out of the water in terms of fee and players terms.

Guest Milburnthedog

No idea why people think that Ashley is not simply going to take money out of the Club and not invest in it. His statement at the end of the season was pretty clear. He's put in a lot and now it's payback time. The Sky cash, season ticket and corporate deals are in his bank account.

It's going to be a long season and at the end Ashley will either get a canny pay day if we survive and a decent parachute payment if not. We'll then have a squad to possibly come back up and the yoyo continues.

Apathy reigns and people will accept it. Only the drop of season ticket sales, corporate deals and match day tickets will make a little difference and maybe get him to sell up at a reasonable price. Can't see it though.

Guest BooBoo

Aye i shudder to think what the likes of Smith, Geremi and Rozenthal cost the club. Money for fuck all yet gleefully rubber stamped by MA.

I'm so f***ed off, I'm sick of getting the piss ripped out of me by that fat cockney c***.  You think you finally see a light at the end of a very f***ing long tunnel and you get this s***.

The final straw doesn't seem too far away.

The final straw for me was relegation, it should've been for everyone else too but people were willing to give him an easy ride when we were the best team in an inferior league. Missing out on HBA is bugger all in the grand scheme of big Ashley f*** ups, why people are only starting to get het up now I have no idea.

Heh, weren't you defending him the last couple of days?

No, I just find the suicidal nature of some people on here over this one deal a bit pathetic. He's done much worse things, many of which have already been excused or forgotten about. I think some people struggle to see the sun for the moon at times.

I was shouting for his head on a stick the best part of 24 months ago, just because I can no longer be arsed to fly into a rage whenever we do something which can be mildly construed as typically Ashleylike doesn't mean I like the f***er.

Well, you were quite critical about my supposedly negative stance regarding this transfer and Ashley's lack of decisive action, weren't you? Not sure you can classify me as one of those who can't see the sun for the moon at times as I was arguably one of the very first people on this board who expressed my cynicism about Ashley's objectives back in the day when nearly everybody was hailing our new saviour.

Guest neesy111

No idea why people think that Ashley is not simply going to take money out of the Club and not invest in it. His statement at the end of the season was pretty clear. He's put in a lot and now it's payback time. The Sky cash, season ticket and corporate deals are in his bank account.

It's going to be a long season and at the end Ashley will either get a canny pay day if we survive and a decent parachute payment if not. We'll then have a squad to possibly come back up and the yoyo continues.

Apathy reigns and people will accept it. Only the drop of season ticket sales, corporate deals and match day tickets will make a little difference and maybe get him to sell up at a reasonable price. Can't see it though.

he was the reason the club got relegated, he admitted it himself, he should pay for the losses we made in the championship

Aye i shudder to think what the likes of Smith, Geremi and Rozenthal cost the club. Money for f*** all yet gleefully rubber stamped by MA.

i thought thats what everyone wanted, an owner who just says yes to his manager and doesn;t get involved with the playing side ?

Guest Milburnthedog

All he wants is some fool to offer £200m+ and he'd be off. The problem is no one will as we have a poor squad in need of massive investment and no opportunity to expand the ground to increase revenue. Years of neglect is to blame, that and pure greed.

Guest neesy111

Aye i shudder to think what the likes of Smith, Geremi and Rozenthal cost the club. Money for f*** all yet gleefully rubber stamped by MA.

i thought thats what everyone wanted, an owner who just says yes to his manager and doesn;t get involved with the playing side ?

you only give the manager what the club can afford, he should of been managing the books better if the club wasn't able to afford those wages!

I'm not an Ashley supporter and I'm pretty peeved that we're simply refusing to spend money, but this ridiculous myth that Ashley is pocketing the TV money etc. just has to stop. He's not allowed to take money out of the club willy nilly, it's not how it works :lol:.

:lol: having the player fly over here of his own free will and go on strike to join us....and yet ashley still can't land him. talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  :doh: unfortunately nothing the amateurs in charge at this club do can be surprising anymore.

Agree with that, word for word.

Exactly.

still happeming ? why didnt we spend it on ben arfa then. football has entered a different world even in the time since xisco .

Guest neesy111

Exactly.

still happeming ? why didnt we spend it on ben arfa then. football has entered a different world even in the time since xisco .

the club has money, hughton has said this!  also captial investment doesn't actually mean no money to spend!

you only give the manager what the club can afford, he should of been managing the books better if the club wasn't able to afford those wages!

it seems like he's learned his lesson then and he is now doing that.....happy ?

This season aye.

And - he handed out many of these bumper deals that the likes of Barton, Smith, Colo and Nolan are on.

Guest neesy111

it seems like he's learned his lesson then and he is now doing that.....happy ?

the club has money, this has been repeated by hughton at various times in the last month

Guest Milburnthedog

I'm not an Ashley supporter and I'm pretty peeved that we're simply refusing to spend money, but this ridiculous myth that Ashley is pocketing the TV money etc. just has to stop. He's not allowed to take money out of the club willy nilly, it's not how it works :lol:.

Its his business, he owns all shares and can do and take exactly what he likes. His investments are all loans and he's using the cash coming in to fill his own pocket.