Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Love how the fact that Marseille seem to have just stalled the deal, waiting for a better deal, and its Newcastle?Ashley's fault.

Ashley: OK, we agree to the terms. Let's sign the contract.

Marseille:  Eet eez not reddee yet, we sign tomorrow, Ok?

Next day

Ashley: We agreed to the terms yesterday. Let's sign the contract.

Next day

Marseille:  One more change and then we sign tomorrow, Ok?

Next day

Next day

Marseille:  Sorry, But Bremen offered more money. We sign the contract with them.........tomorrow.

What exactly have Marseille done wrong? Ben Arfa is their player, if other clubs are willing to buy him for a reasonable fee why would they agree to sell him to us for less?

I don't think they have done anything wrong (except being cnuts to us) but as the sellers it's their perogative to try an get as much money for any asset they want to sell.

The point was really that despite everyone screaming for torches and pitchforks and wanting Ashley's head on a pike, if Marseille wanted to jerk us around then they could do that.  Nothing that NUFC could do to get them to accept an offer today if they thought that they "might" get more money for it tomorrow.

Love how the fact that Marseille seem to have just stalled the deal, waiting for a better deal, and its Newcastle?Ashley's fault.

Ashley: OK, we agree to the terms. Let's sign the contract.

Next day

Next day

Marseille:  One more change and then we sign tomorrow, Ok?

Next day

Next day

Marseille:  Sorry, But Bremen offered more money. We sign the contract with them.........tomorrow.

What exactly have Marseille done wrong? Ben Arfa is their player, if other clubs are willing to buy him for a reasonable fee why would they agree to sell him to us for less?

I don't think they have done anything wrong (except being cnuts to us) but as the sellers it's their perogative to try an get as much money for any asset they want to sell.

The point was really that despite everyone screaming for torches and pitchforks and wanting Ashley's head on a pike, if Marseille wanted to jerk us around then they could do that.  Nothing that NUFC could do to get them to accept an offer today if they thought that they "might" get more money for it tomorrow.

Nothing Mike Ashley could do? How about put in an offer that would actually get the player here? It might surprise some people but clubs don't usually let their best players go cheaply and quickly. The only players who they will ditch at the first offer are the likes of Nolan, Best and Ryan Taylor. Because they are shit.

I don't mind EthiGeordie, he's clearly foreign and judging his posts on what could just be a case of broken English is a bit OTT.

None of it makes any sense whatsoever, Tom. :lol:

Judging or no Judging at least I am the only one here who thinks the future is bright.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I don't mind EthiGeordie, he's clearly foreign and judging his posts on what could just be a case of broken English is a bit OTT.

Judging or no Judging at least I am the only one here who thinks the future is bright.

Do you work at Orange?

That's because you're insane, mate. Nowt to be proud of.

I cant wait for next year in the CCC..

Krul

Perch          Taylor        Williamson              Kadar

Smith            Nolan

Routledge              Vuckic                Loven

Shola

actually looking pretty good!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I cant stop laughing at that.  :blush:

France Football, football.fr, Le Phoceen and Le 10 Sport running with this story so far. Anybody know of their respective reliability? I

I'm guessing the other 3 just rehashed what Fance Football said.

Been on RMC as well according to the Marseille forum.

FFS, we're suddenly certain to get relegated because we missed out on a player who was always unlikely to end up here.

We're likely to get relegated because we're complete and utter dogshite. We'd have been somewhat less so with genuinely creativity and pace through the middle.

Guest Heneage

France Football, football.fr, Le Phoceen and Le 10 Sport running with this story so far. Anybody know of their respective reliability? I

I'm guessing the other 3 just rehashed what Fance Football said.

Been on RMC as well according to the Marseille forum.

Which Marseille forum is this?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I cant stop laughing at that.  :blush:

:lol: Many here always make me laugh so it is another day for me...

It is odd that Werder Bremen are happy to publicise the exact salary they are proposing, or dont mind Marseille disclosing it.

Le Phoceen have his current salary as 200k a year. 

4k a week? Surely a typo. :lol:

Guest Heneage

It is odd that Werder Bremen are happy to publicise the exact salary they are proposing, or dont mind Marseille disclosing it.

Le Phoceen have his current salary as 200k a year.

Under 4k a week?!

Damn you Dave!

Isn't Guthrie on that?