Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Its very plausible to suggest that Marseille and a friendly media company are putting an article out to squeeze more money out of the deal. Thats exactly how this lot work, believe me. However, if that offer is true (salary) then Ben Arfa would be daft not to go there.

I've not got a problem with only spending what we've got coming in, balancing the books, paying off the debt etc - it's comon sense in this day and age and I never expected the club to shell out £15m (or even close to that) on transfer fees this summer...but when a player of his potential (and sell-on fee) is on the market and desperate to join us then I'd expect us to bend the rules a little and make a little cash available. That's what's disappointing tonight - the club were in a position to do a deal for a relatively small fee for a very good player and we've, seemingly, missed out. We may not get this type of deal for this type of player or a long time to come and Ashley and Llambias can have no-one to blame but themselves if they're presiding over another relegation in May.

This lad could have been the difference. :hmm:

So one of two things could happen if there's truth in this bid:

Ashleys could match the bid. I know, I laughed too

Or Ben Afra could dig his heels in for a move to England which I doubt because with a bid Marseille hold all the aces, he'd rather move full stop than stay put.

Essentially if it's true we're fucked.

Its very plausible to suggest that Marseille and a friendly media company are putting an article out to squeeze more money out of the deal. Thats exactly how this lot work, believe me. However, if that offer is true (salary) then Ben Arfa would be daft not to go there.

It is funny that when we were first linked, it was "They're using us to get a better bid". Now the forum's in meltdown and taking it as gospel. :lol:

Still think that's unlikely, but not beyond belief that Marseille are using a recent link from Werder Bremen and the Ozil transfer to get us to hurry up or increase our bid.

Guest neesy111

I've not got a problem with only spending what we've got coming in, balancing the books, paying off the debt etc - it's comon sense in this day and age and I never expected the club to shell out £15m (or even close to that) on transfer fees this summer...but when a player of his potential (and sell-on fee) is on the market and desperate to join us then I'd expect us to bend the rules a little and make a little cash available. That's what's disappointing tonight - the club were in a position to do a deal for a relatively small fee for a very good player and we've, seemingly, missed out. We may not get this type of deal for this type of player or a long time to come and Ashley and Llambias can have no-one to blame but themselves if they're presiding over another relegation in May.

This  :thup:

Ashley need's to start protecting his investment, instead of treating like shit like he has for 3 years

Love how the fact that Marseille seem to have just stalled the deal, waiting for a better deal, and its Newcastle?Ashley's fault.

Ashley: OK, we agree to the terms. Let's sign the contract.

Marseille:  Eet eez not reddee yet, we sign tomorrow, Ok?

Next day

Ashley: We agreed to the terms yesterday. Let's sign the contract.

Next day

Marseille:  One more change and then we sign tomorrow, Ok?

Next day

Next day

Marseille:  Sorry, But Bremen offered more money. We sign the contract with them.........tomorrow.

That's basically what Hitler's saying in that video as well. Even the Nazis are more clued up than Fat Ashley  :dave:

That's fucking brilliant. :clap:

'It's ok, we can get Craig Fagan...'

Quite somber at the end. Sums up this thread really :(

Kaiz that is fucking genius :lol:

I thought I'd got bored of them but that was perfect!! :lol::lol:

Cheers! :aww: I was afraid it wouldn't land due to the downfall parodies being done to death.  :blush:

This about sums it up. He doesnt know when to take the gamble, not that it was even much of a one.

Guest michaelfoster

Ashley is a business man, and as soon as things started to get out of hand at the club his "dream of owning a football club" transformed into a plain business plan.

He know no matter what he does he will be hated, i mean, can he really regain trust from the fans again? Not a chance.

So what was he supposed to do, give up on it and just run with a massive loss?

This is my opinion about the HBA deal though, not saying it's correct or anything, it's just MY opinion.

I think a real business man only can be pushed to a certain degree before a line need to be drawn.

With all these quotes from O'M president etc. that only seemed valid til the next day or so i can see why MA got fed up.

Sign the player and please the fans, bending for the "pressure" of O'M, or refuse to play games with them and show other clubs that were not in for that.

Even if it is a small amount of money which separates the deal the french have made him look bad, business/public wise.

But then you have us, the fans, who demands signings and rightfully so because we all see we need it.

So no matter how he would have done i think it was a lose/lose situation for MA and he probably decided that he would see it as a business man instead of pleasing us.

Even if we would have signed HBA we would hate Ashley, and by not signing him we will still hate him.

Meh, i`m not saying MA is totally blameless in this matter but tbh the french has pretty much toyed around with us probably from the first day knowing that a bid would come in.

It was against all logic that no one else would go in for HBA.

I agree

Guest BooBoo

I'm just thinking- with Kaizero's avatar there must have been dozens of takes where she actually rose out of the water to boob flash. DOZENS!

Love how the fact that Marseille seem to have just stalled the deal, waiting for a better deal, and its Newcastle?Ashley's fault.

Ashley: OK, we agree to the terms. Let's sign the contract.

Next day

Next day

Marseille:  One more change and then we sign tomorrow, Ok?

Next day

Next day

Marseille:  Sorry, But Bremen offered more money. We sign the contract with them.........tomorrow.

What exactly have Marseille done wrong? Ben Arfa is their player, if other clubs are willing to buy him for a reasonable fee why would they agree to sell him to us for less?

if he's going to bremen then it explains all the dodgy delays etc. bremen would've told dassier they want ben arfa if Ozil leaves, so to stall the transfer for a week or so. dassier would've had to keep us interested as his plan b in case ozil stayed. once it was clear ozil was going to madrid dassier said it would all be sorted in 2 days...

of course i'd love this to be totally wrong, but i think we'll need to make a proper bid now rather than just a loan attempt.

I am surprised how we conclude stuff..... Let him sign first and lets start complaining it is just insane how we moan about this and that. I know you lot get use to trophy signing all your life Arfa or no Arfa the difference is minimum.

It would be better for everyone if you just stopped making posts.

Yes.

As if I value your lot opinion. Educate yourself and reason wisely...

I don't mind EthiGeordie, he's clearly foreign and judging his posts on what could just be a case of broken English is a bit OTT.

None of it makes any sense whatsoever, Tom. :lol:

Exactly, hence why I don't even try to make an attempt at judging his posts. :lol:

I don't mind EthiGeordie, he's clearly foreign and judging his posts on what could just be a case of broken English is a bit OTT.

I think his posts are mint. Love the way he even types in broken english :lol:

Ah going to work now, can´t wait to come home and read the odd 300 pages that will have accumulated by then. Was always too good to be true, just sad losing out on such a promising and creative player who we have desperately needed for years becasue of a few millions. I mean come on, he would cost us just about the some amount that we paid for Smith and Barton.

Two years ago our midfield got overrun in just about every game, we couldn´t keep the ball and our build up play was horrible. The best we could do was lump the ball forward or pass it to Jonas and hope he miraculously dribbled past 2-3 defenders and made a perfect cross in the box. This resulted in the other team having much of the possesion and the ball was constantly in our side of the pitch resulting in huge pressure on our defenders who had to be on their toes for full 90 minutes. All the pundits and neutrals seemed to think our defense was completely shit since we concede so many goals but I think most of the fans know that our defense wasn´t that bad at all as we had Beye - Colo - Taylor/Bassong - Enrique, it just wouldn´t have mattered what 4 defenders we had, you can´t keep clean sheets when your midfield is getting completely dominated the whole game.  Judging by the performance against Man U this year will be no different and I echo what many here say that we are just one signing from being a decent and balanced side but I guess that attacking midfielder we need will never come.