Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ashley should send Llambais on work experience in January to a normal club so he can learn what to do in transfer windows. Then maybe by next summer we can prepare for life in the Championship with some decent signings behind us.

Or he should simply sack Llambias and bring in someone who has a clue how to deal with transfers...

Does Llambias even deal with all of our transfers?

A good question is who actually does deal with the transfers? That used to be the infrastructure's job but they were all sacked as a reaction to the protests in our relegation season.

I still think he'd rather come here, and I don't even think we'd have to match Werder's bid (if it's true). We'd only need to make a suitable bid of 3-4 million, the wages they'd be saving is the real clincher for them.

It's ridiculous if we let this one go tbh.

If that was the case then we would be making a mistake to let him go, but nobody really has a clue if it is.

Guest VegasToon

Seal the Fucking Deal ASHLEY! 

We are not in position to land this type of talent and we are lucky we have a chance.  Spend the extra euros and get this done.  I will help by promising to buy my bairns and I new Ben Afra kits.  That's 4 more kits sold Ashley!  Come on you know it make financial sense!

He will never sack his pal Llambais unfortunatly, despite the man doing an shambolic job at the club. Ashley probably wouldnt get half as much flack if he had someone with an idea of what he was doing in charge. Hes like Mr Bump or something. One ridiculous disaster after another.

I still think he'd rather come here, and I don't even think we'd have to match Werder's bid (if it's true). We'd only need to make a suitable bid of 3-4 million, the wages they'd be saving is the real clincher for them.

We would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

If they have to sell a player to get him in, then they should do it.

If they have to sell a player to get him in then they should do it.

Nobody wants our players. That's why we have them.

Allardyce + £100m = Theoretical Cha-ching!

Hmm not strictly true. I reckon their are a few squad players who we could sell.

Someone like Taylor would be a worth while sacrifice to get Ben Arfa in permenantly. We might even make a profit.

Why carry on hurting yourselves? wee have fkit again we are embarrassingly poor at completing transfer.

Aye so when you were sat at the table negotiating with our higher ups what did/didn't they do that was good enough for you?

Give it up, they've f***ed up badly here. The guy was so desperate to join he flew off his own back to try to secure a deal. Yet they still let him slip through their fingers it seems. If that's doesn't constitute embarrassingly poor I don't know what does.

We haven't covered ourselves in glory but I don't know why people are losing their rag over it. We knew from the outset we don't have/don't want to spend any money, it was always going to be loan or nothing. Marseille just want shot now so as soon as they get cash in hand you won't see his arse for dust, we'll be a last resort if no bids come in. It doesn't matter if he mooched here on camel back if we haven't agreed a deal for him we can't talk to him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Maybe Kevin Nolan has a say in transfers?

"Hello, Kev, its Chris."

"A'right, Chrisy Lad."

"I've told you not to call me that."

"Don't talk back, Chris."

"Sorry, Kev."

"Ahem."

"...King Kev."

"Better. What you calling about, Skunky?"

"This lad, Ben Arfa, he any good?"

"Where does he play?"

"Playmaker, behind the forwar..."

"No, he's shite."

"Thank you, King Kev."

Can someone give me an update on today's shenanigans, please?

Marseille supposedly buying Gignac and Remy. Werder buying some Brazillian guy called Wesley as Ozil's replacement. Nothing but speculation regarding Ben Arfa.

Guest BooBoo

I wonder if anyone ever uses the phrase "sheer speculation" when discussing anything other than football. One of my favourite, if less championed, football cliches.