Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest zinaldo1982

ben arfa is said to have reconciled with deschamps and he is going to start training again with the full squad and deschamps has said that as long as he is ready to work hard,he is going to forget the whole thing.

They will be a press conference soon to get everything sorted for good.

ben arfa is said to have reconciled with deschamps and he is going to start training again with the full squad and deschamps has said that as long as he is ready to work hard,he is going to forget the whole thing.

They will be a press conference soon to get everything sorted for good.

Go on then, where have you read this? :rolleyes:

NOTW mind..

TYNE'S AREN'T ARFA TOUGH

Toon won't break bank

By Martin Hardy, 21/08/2010

BOSSES at Newcastle won't gamble with the club's future by re-introducing the big-money salaries that landed them £100million in debt.

The Toon splashed out a staggering £300m in transfers during their earlier time in the Premier League.

And they proved with the £120,000-a-week salary that persuaded Michael Owen to leave Real Madrid that they would compete at the top end of the market, regardless of the long-term risk.

But owner Mike Ashley is refusing to go back down the road that put them so close to financial meltdown.

Relegation meant there had to be a fire sale and a dramatic streamlining in order for the club to survive. Now Ashley wants Newcastle self-sufficient in five years as he looks to make the club's Premier League return permanent.

His new-found resolve was tested last week when French midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa flew into the North East WITHOUT any meeting having been arranged beforehand between his advisors and the club.

Ben Arfa then stunned Toon bosses with demands of more than £80,000-a-week to move there from Marseille - more than double the loose-based ceiling imposed on new player contracts at St James' Park.

The winger clearly hadn't done his homework, with even the £52,000-a-week he was picking up at Marseille way out of Newcastle's new budget. He was told to forget it and the same message went to Feyenoord midfielder Leroy Fer.

Newcastle were prepared to pay £4m for a player nicknamed 'The Bouncer' because of his physicality but he was turned away at the door when he demanded £45,000-a-week.

Manager Chris Hughton has become frustrated at the lack of team strengthening but understands the financial constraints he must work under.

He has managed to add only Sol Campbell, Dan Gosling and James Perch to the squad.

And Campbell, who could be on the bench for Newcastle's game at Wolves next week, is by far the top earner of the three with his £35,000-a-week deal.

Significantly they've all had relegation clauses inserted into their contracts and face a significant pay cut if they don't survive the drop.

Such factors were overlooked during Newcastle's last relegation when £40m had to be slashed off the wage bill in a matter of months.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/915756/Toon-wont-break-bank-in-bid-to-stay-in-the-Premier-League.html

That NOTW article is total fabrication, tbh.

Worrying thing (from the perspective of the Ben Arfa deal) is it could well be propaganda.

From whom do you mean?

Ashley. It's rather a gushing piece, and has been done before.

That NOTW article is total fabrication, tbh.

Worrying thing (from the perspective of the Ben Arfa deal) is it could well be propaganda.

From whom do you mean?

Ashley. It's rather a gushing piece, and has been done before.

So you're speculating he's put it out there for a potential excuse when we don't sign him?

There seems to be a real silence on the subject at the moment. Hopefully that's a positive I guess  :thup:

Bloody hope it is positive

Still think we need a 15-20 goal a season striker

:lol:

Where's this £15m coming from?

There seems to be a real silence on the subject at the moment. Hopefully that's a positive I guess  :thup:

Come on man, 15-20 goal a season strikers cost mega-money. Teams our level simply don't have that kind of player.

I'd be happy with somebody to just do the running off Carroll and get 5-6 goals.

:lol:

Where's this £15m coming from?

We need not what we can afford  :lol:

I could well see he'd want that much after scoring for France the other week.

Maybe this has been the main stumbling block all along

Its quite obvious that the stumbling block is agreeing a deal with Marseille, nothing to do with wages, don't give this utter nonsense any credence.

I would have thought one of the first things you would do would be to check if the the salary is within your budget.  What's the point in doing all that negotiating which seems to take weeks these days to then find the player wants double what you can afford.

He's on more money now than he'd get here, Marseille want to sell as opposed to loan. There's no way he can end up here, even a loan deal with an option to buy isn't possible with what he wants as wages.

He'll stay at Marseille unless they get real desperate to sell and he gets more realistic with his wage demands. Unfortunately, I can't see anyway we'll get him.

I can understand MA not wanting us to become a soft touch with players/ agents but we got out of jail last year coming straight back up & MA is again failing to support his investment & trying to get his money out of the club. I can't believe that MA is really so niaive to believe that you can get quality on the cheap. He should know that by the gear he sells in his shops.

Fuck knows what type of squad we'd have now if we hadn't have been promoted.

I would have thought one of the first things you would do would be to check if the the salary is within your budget.  What's the point in doing all that negotiating which seems to take weeks these days to then find the player wants double what you can afford.

That's just one of the reasons why this article is obviously bullshit, the most obvious one however is the fact its from the NOTW.