Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't remember the last time i bought a name with my shirt, Ben Arfa is tempting me though.

That said, so it Tiote. I think i'll wait til the squad numbers are announced.

Guest mimifrench

Do you think he could play in a "9 1/2" position in your system, a little like anelka a few years ago ?

I know HBA also like this position, with the n°10.

Do you think he could play in a "9 1/2" position in your system, a little like anelka a few years ago ?

I think he's going to be our version of the "false nine" – like Messi or Tevez, in their different ways – and, yes, should wear the No.10 shirt.

I think he's going to be our version of the "false nine" – like Messi or Tevez, in their different ways – and, yes, should wear the No.10 shirt.

Agree. Another false 9 was CRonaldo when he first joined Real Madrid.

Now wearing a more appropriate 7.

Guest mimifrench

I think he's going to be our version of the "false nine" like Messi or Tevez, in their different ways and, yes, should wear the No.10 shirt.

He could be very prolific in that position, score more goals than if he was obliged to stick the line (on the wing) and he'd love it because defending is not his main asset.

Guest mimifrench

Pretty sure Pardew plans to play him in a  4-4-1-1, and I'm seriously considering £100 on him getting 10 goals in the coming season.

He could easily score more goals than that, if he'll "re-find" his self confidence !

Pretty sure Pardew plans to play him in a  4-4-1-1, and I'm seriously considering £100 on him getting 10 goals in the coming season.

He could easily score more goals than that, if he'll "re-find" his self confidence !

I agree, but the British bookmakers may not be expecting it - I'll wait to see what price they offer me.

When the first pre season training pics come out, if his leg is on the right way round get your money on!

Hmmm, might consider a bet myself (maybe not £100 but a fiver). I imagine the odds will be pretty good.

If he's number 9 i'd get a shirt, like. Simply cos it'd be huge.

He's not really a number 9 though, going by the rough, traditional criteria. And whilst i'd play him as one of the two most offensive players in a 4-4-2, he isn't even an out-and-out striker.

He's far from a number 9, and in the traditional sense he isn't a striker at all. But the lad can / will get goals from nothing, everton was a brilliant example. Going nowhere, not much support, no pass on. Goal. Two or three goals like that next season, hoy in the odd free kick, plus a role just behind the main striker and he could well get ten goals. Assuming his leg wasn't attached to his naval.

He couldve easily had a couple assists in the Everton game also if Carroll/Nolan had been quicker with striking their chances.

He created both of those from the middle, along with his goal. Just need players around him who can react as quickly as he does, hopefully BA will be one of those.

Guest Recoba

The Ronnie Gill understands he wants 9 though!

I just think going to watch the Heed etc he digs the area, the history and would love the fabled 9.

Guest Haris Vuckic

''The Ronnie Gill understands he wants 9 though!''

Link? Or is it twitter bullshit?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Hmm I don't think that's true but I wouldn't mind either way - if it gives Hatem a boost it be a king maker, he loves being the main man.