Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

thought Obertan should have been changed much earlier, too many lax errors and balls given away in our own half, he has top cut that ouit of his game. Nice little flicks and stuff in their half but not when we are all racing out of our half...

ben arfa would not be suited to the situation we were in the secpond half. i wopuld have changed obertan for Santon late on to stop their attacks a bit more.

We have to ease him back into first team action, this isnt like football manager you know where as soon as he is back from injury you can start him. He was pencilled in for this game and we have got him back early and got a cup match and 20ish mins against Blackburn out of him so far. Today was the correct decision not to involve him, IMO. Would have given him 5 minutes before Henry tried to break him in two and he would be injured again.

We have to ease him back into first team action, this isnt like football manager you know where as soon as he is back from injury you can start him. He was pencilled in for this game and we have got him back early and got a cup match and 20ish mins against Blackburn out of him so far. Today was the correct decision not to involve him, IMO. Would have given him 5 minutes before Henry tried to break him in two and he would be injured again.

partially agreed, ben arfa should've come on for ba to give us pace and penetration when braking out, as it was we basically went down to 10men. i was origianlly meaning when they are fit.

partially agreed, ben arfa should've come on for ba to give us pace and penetration when braking out, as it was we basically went down to 10men. i was origianlly meaning when they are fit.

Not a dig at your post, more aimed at the Frenchies who are screeching and bawling about him not getting on today, tbh.

Guest hatem garrincha

HBA has to be in the team at the expense of Obertan. Not sure about Marveaux.

In term of quality, Marveaux is not so far from HBA. His natural position is on the left...Jonas will have some problems to keep his actual position on the pitch (please don't punch)

As you said, Best was one of the best player today... but...but... he played behind Ba...where he can't compete with HBA (please don't punch)

Against Tottenham, I can see : Tiote, Cabaye - Jonas, Marveaux, HBA - Ba (Best)

In term of quality, Marveaux is not so far from HBA. His natural position is on the left...Jonas will have some problems to keep his actual position on the pitch (please don't punch)

As you said, Best was one of the best player today... but...but... he played behind Ba...where he can't compete with HBA (please don't punch)

I also think

tuck jonas in left of a midfield 3 as he has the work rate, we can stay solid and play jonas, marveaux and ben arfa providing they are didsciplined enough to at least pressure and cover the opposing full backs when out of possession.

slightly disagree,  ba was often behind best at times.  and Best went out wide quite often to try n stretch thier defence. he held up the ball immensely today and worked a great shift in,  Best was terrific today.  and not just today.

Answer the question.

Some questions for you :

Don't you think NUFC will be a better team with Ben Arfa and Marveaux in the start 11, even if Best, Ba, Jonas and Obertan played very well since the start of the season ?

Don't you think the presence of HBA behind them will give Ba or Best more occasions to score and chances to become better than they actually are ?

It's really a question of team/individual morale rather than quality. Most agree that HBA,Marveaux and Santon will improve the team when they start, but is it right to change a winning team straight away and show a lack of faith in players who have been generally successful so far? Maybe it is better to introduce them gradually, although I tend to think that as our next fixture is difficult we really need to be looking to play something close to our best "on paper" XI.

It's also important to remember, that Obertan and Best are widely considered to be confidence players who thrive on the support of a manager who has faith in them.

Guest hatem garrincha

slightly disagree,  ba was often behind best at times.  and Best went out wide quite often to try n stretch thier defence. he held up the ball immensely today and worked a great shift in,  Best was terrific today.  and not just today.

And that was his best moments...He was easy with the ball today, better technician than Ba but the later is more a killer

i'd put both marveaux and ben arfa in for best and obertan.

Same here, and it's not because either have done badly so far. I just think the shape of the team isn't quite right yet and there's still space between midfield and attack. Put HBA and Marveaux in there and I think we'd see a better more fluid midfield. Unlucky on Best particularly and we'd lose a bit of height from the side, but the quality of Ben Arfa and Marveaux would more than compensate.

Guest hatem garrincha

Not a dig at your post, more aimed at the Frenchies who are screeching and bawling about him not getting on today, tbh.

Where ?

i'd put both marveaux and ben arfa in for best and obertan.

Same here, and it's not because either have done badly so far. I just think the shape of the team isn't quite right yet and there's still space between midfield and attack. Put HBA and Marveaux in there and I think we'd see a better more fluid midfield. Unlucky on Best particularly and we'd lose a bit of height from the side, but the quality of Ben Arfa and Marveaux would more than compensate.

Parfait!!

Guest mimifrench

Are you targeting me ?? Because i NEVER said, nowhere, that he must have played today.

I repeat again, for those who don't want to hear particularly, my first thought was to ask why your coach didn't have put him with the reserve considering he knew that he was unlikely to involve him today... 

In the end Pardew did the right thing in not playing Ben Arfa today because it was against a ruthless Wolves and we got 3 points. However, Barfa will have to start every single game when fit from now on. He'll be the difference between mid-table and a possible adventure in Europe next season. Think Marveaux will be hugely important to, but just not to the same degree as I think we'll see him rotate a bit with Jonas and Obertan.

Are you targeting me ?? Because i NEVER said, nowhere, that he must have played today.

I repeat again, for those who don't want to hear particularly, my first thought was to ask why your coach didn't have put him with the reserve considering he knew that he was unlikely to involve him today... 

i'd guess because if the circumstances had been right he'd have brought him on like he did last weekend. dont forget it's not just game time but getting back into the swing of things, travelling and buiklding up a group relationship with the others.

Guest mimifrench

i'd guess because if the circumstances had been right he'd have brought him on like he did last weekend. dont forget it's not just game time but getting back into the swing of things, travelling and buiklding up a group relationship with the others.

Not much convinced by that, he's in training every day now so he is actually making links with his team-mates.

This doesn't change the fact that he NEEDS games.

I absolutely agree with the decision of Pardew to not have brought him on today...

I just hope he won't make the same mistake that the other coaches made with Ben arfa, that is to say to put him on the bench, and then when the team is in trouble, to bring him and hope he'll save the match. 

Not much convinced by that, he's in training every day now so he is actually making links with his team-mates.

This doesn't change the fact that he NEEDS games.

I absolutely agree with the decision of Pardew to not have brought him on today...

I just hope he won't make the same mistake that the other coaches made with Ben arfa, that is to say to put him on the bench, and then when the team is in trouble, to bring him and hope he'll save the match. 

travelling and living with them is different though. its all part of getting back and he was there ready to come on if need be.

Guest hatem garrincha

In the end Pardew did the right thing in not playing Ben Arfa today because it was against a ruthless Wolves and we got 3 points. However, Barfa will have to start every single game when fit from now on. He'll be the difference between mid-table and a possible adventure in Europe next season. Think Marveaux will be hugely important to, but just not to the same degree as I think we'll see him rotate a bit with Jonas and Obertan.

The man on the left on your profile was the better footballer of the two but the man on the right was more professional  :)

Agree with HBA for one of Best/Ba, Marv for Obertan.

Neither striker deserves it really, but ud expect it to just take us up another level. Similar to Santon. Expect Ben Arfa will be a sub again against tots.

Guest mimifrench

<<My only concern is the influx of French nationals - as altercations with fellow countrymen seem to have been one of the biggest problems in his career.

Hopefully he'll get on with the lads in our squad better than he has with the likes of Squillaci, Benzema and Gallas.>>

It's not the first time I read you writing  "half of the thruth" concerning HBA.

He made a lot of mistakes in his career and when he refused to play at Paris because he was on the bench, is his most very stupid one.

But I can't let you say that he always had "altercations" with his team mates. It's wrong, a false reputation established by some web journos for teenagers...

He had an altercation with Squillaci at Lyon, yes, but nobody knows exactly what really happen...

He never clashed with Benzema, they just both discovered that they were not friends...

Concerning Gallas, you made a mistake, HBA never played with him. The altercation was with Nasri. It began during Euro 2008 with national team and after when they both played at Arsenal.

Most importantly, you will find a lot of his ex team mates, from Lyon or Marseille - Bodmer, Kim Kallstrom, Boumsong, Cheyrou, Niang etc. - who talk about his geat human quality and kindness.

As much as I enjoy your posts, almost everything you say is incredibly biased towards defending/hyping-up Hatem Ben Arfa - which almost invalidates your posts...

HBA has had problems with various players throughout his career. Diaby at Clarefontaine. Benzema (which you'll probably deny) and Squillaci at Lyon (which you'd rather ignore). Following a loss against Sochaux (I think) HBA criticised/insulted Squillaci and they then had a scrap in the dressing room...

Following his transfer to Marseille, didn't he tell La Provence that Lyon was a s*** club, and they had an awful set of players? I remember a friend in Toulon telling me this... At Marseille there were reports of him having scraps with Cisse, and Zubar (I think?) Never really looked too much into what Gallas said, but didn't Ben Arfa apparently tell him to 'focus on his own game'.

You absolutely cannot defend him returning late from Tunisia, faking an injury against PSG and refusing to warm up, during the biggest match in the season (in which his side were losing at home in) - what about the well-documented fall-out(s) with Deschamps?

I've followed Marseille since I was 9/10 years old, you can't fool me with this Ben Arfa is an angel bullshit. At times, he was an absolute c*** at Marseille - yet I can think of at least 10 games where he came on as a sub and won the game by himself.

I don't have some kind of vendetta against Ben Arfa, I just know what he is capable of...

I was reading the thread and just shown this...

Just to say that almost half (or even more) of what is writing above is strictly wrong. And i'd add that is almost intelectual dishonesty simply because most of these elements are factually wrong (or never happened).

It is just for those who never heard of HBA before and believed with closed eyes this post.

Almost choked myself reading that.

HBA needs to be introduced because he is just such a class player that will make a big different to our play. The "problem" is just that who should you drop? Best and Ba is playing VERY good right now and I really would´t want to drop any off them.

It´s a little bit of a shame for Marx because he is a good player. But we are in a situation there we just have to many good players to fit in the starting team. He´s time and chances will come. Right know are we just playing too good to really drop anyone.

HBA is just such a good player that needs to play. Marx isn´t.