Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

There may be a particular complication with his wages. I assume that Ben Arfa's current salary is being protected during the loan spell, and probably being paid entirely by us. That still leaves the question of what we pay him should we decide to take up the right to buy at the end of the season. There'd be no point in agreeing a transfer fee in advance with Marseilles if there wasn't also a salary agreement.

The figures that are bandied about indicate that Ben Arfa is currently being paid in excess of our new wage ceiling. So some arrangement, perhaps to do with a signing on fee, needs to be worked out.

Guest malandro

Whereas our chairman has said nowt. The club could at least confirm or deny talks were taking place. The cat is out of the bag and playing dumb is disrespectful to the supporters?

Guest secteur2010

Whereas our chairman has said nowt. The club could at least confirm or deny talks were taking place. The cat is out of the bag and playing dumb is disrespectful to the supporters?

Not really. You very rarely see the chairmen of Man U, Arsenal, etc coming out in the press.

Unless you want Shepherd back to do that and make us look twats. Again

Guest malandro

Not really. You very rarely see the chairmen of Man U, Arsenal, etc coming out in the press.

Unless you want Shepherd back to do that and make us look twats. Again

Didn't you read the pre season press release ? The owner will not say anything about transfer rumours.

Guest malandro

Didn't you read the pre season press release ? The owner will not say anything about transfer rumours.

I did, and they said Hughton would be the voice of the club. It wouldn’t kill him to say something meaningful to the supporters now and again.

Couldnt disagree more.

Guest malandro

Couldnt disagree more.

Why's that?

Couldnt disagree more.

Why's that?

Because I wouldnt be happy if our chairman was talking about deals that havent been concluded yet. I much prefer the way it's now.

Guest malandro

Couldnt disagree more.

Why's that?

Because I wouldnt be happy if our chairman was talking about deals that havent been concluded yet. I much prefer the way it's now.

Yes, but why would you be unhappy if Hughton confirmed Arfa was flying in for talks on Tuesday or Wednesday, or denied it if it’s not true?

Its all you cunts with him as your avatar. Talk about Jynxing it man!

Surely we knew all along we had no formal agreement in place? If he's coming here on loan, and the president claimed we were yet to agree on wages, then  it's obvious we'd never had an agreement as we'd yet to settle on what % of the wages we'd be paying?

Sounds like one last attempt to attract some other clubs by letting them know it's not a done deal yet.

Its all you c***s with him as your avatar. Talk about Jynxing it man!

Surely we knew all along we had no formal agreement in place? If he's coming here on loan, and the president claimed we were yet to agree on wages, then  it's obvious we'd never had an agreement as we'd yet to settle on what % of the wages we'd be paying?

Sounds like one last attempt to attract some other clubs by letting them know it's not a done deal yet.

Are you on medication?

Guest malandro

Couldnt disagree more.

Why's that?

Yes, but why would you be unhappy if Hughton confirmed Arfa was flying in for talks on Tuesday or Wednesday, or denied it if its not true?

Hughton denies everything that isn't happening pretty much straight away.

He hasn’t denied the Prince Boateng rumour, does that mean we’re trying to sign him?

Couldnt disagree more.

Why's that?

Yes, but why would you be unhappy if Hughton confirmed Arfa was flying in for talks on Tuesday or Wednesday, or denied it if it’s not true?

I see no reason for him to do that. I wont lose my mind if there's a transfer saga going on for a couple of weeks without any info from our club. If you think its disrespectful to the supporters that he doesnt reveal stuff about our transfer targets then I think you need to get your head checked.

This news doesn't change anything so I don't know why the thread titles been changed.  The Marseille president said they had accepted our offer and we just needed to talk to the player.  What he's said today doesn't contradict that.  He's just denied that the deal has been completed.

Are you on medication?

Howay then explain whats wrong with my post?

Couldnt disagree more.

Why's that?

The Board's approach to privacy over transfer negotiations is virtually the only thing it's got right in it's time. Essentially no complaints from me, would rather be satisfied by eventual success than have it scuppered by some nice headlines that are pleasing for a day or two.

Are you on medication?

Howay then explain whats wrong with my post?

You mean you can't see it? You better get yourself to a hospital quick mate.

This news doesn't change anything so I don't know why the thread titles been changed.  The Marseille president said they had accepted our offer and we just needed to talk to the player.  What he's said today doesn't contradict that.  He's just denied that the deal has been completed.

Did he?

Did he?

Yes, he said 800k fee agreed.

Did he?

Yes, he said 800k fee agreed.

Got a source on him saying that?

This news doesn't change anything so I don't know why the thread titles been changed. The Marseille president said they had accepted our offer and we just needed to talk to the player. What he's said today doesn't contradict that. He's just denied that the deal has been completed.

Did he?

Yeah, apparently he did say that (according to Mark Douglas at the Journal and a few others).

Not according to the Journal article Douglas wrote. All the president ever confirmed was that we were in talks.