Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Who gave him 8/10?

In fact who said he was excellent or outstanding?

Don't be a pedant, man. :cheesy: I'm quite clearly using superlatives.

Ok...a quick check "should have been an 8" http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91004.msg3343221.html#msg3343221 Even 7s is OTT.

So I search and point to things you've probably already read? Do I really need to do that when I'm just saying the superlatives here are OTT?

Jeez...make a non wankfest post and get questioned! :lol: Nothing I said insulted him...it's ok. :p

For what it is worth I think you're using over the top superlatives to criticise the over the top superlatives

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I find it really hard not to be positive about his return. Some of his sub appearances get put down on here a bit but every time he has been called upon he has contributed well and given us a totally different dimension.

He and Colo were the only 2 players that can match opponent's "class" to be honest.  And he has run his socks off to chase back Micah Richards. Fair play to him, it's a penalty but his effort last night should be highly appreciated.

Just saw his run and shot that hit the post, that's the one thing we need and lack is a midfielder who can run through the middle and put the ball in the net.  Just skipped past players.

If he's benched anytime after this Padrew isn't the hunk I thought he was.

My two-penneth, which I am going to give without engaging in the dick swinging that half of this thread do over a player of which we have seen nowt to little of:

He was good. That's it. Although that's nothing to do with lack of talent, it's to do with lack of the ball. He lost it on one or two occasions (as you expect from a flair player) but alongside Sammy he was easily our most creative outlet and showed a bit of class by creating two chances out of nothing - one for Ba in the first half and one for himself in the second. He's only going to get better with game time so I'd start him against Man United. At worst he gets minutes under his belt, at best he creates havoc and helps us collect a few points.

Now he's coming to fitness he's got to start somewhere.

can I know what sammy created yesterday?

I think he's class but these Ben Arfa obsessers, and it clearly goes beyond the odd person off here are starting to get disturbing. A compilation video about 12 hours after the match ffs.

Bet there's a queue of people who hang around outside his house waiting to steal his underpants off his washing line.

Just saw his run and shot that hit the post, that's the one thing we need and lack is a midfielder who can run through the middle and put the ball in the net.  Just skipped past players.

If he's benched anytime after this Padrew isn't the hunk I thought he was.

Best doesn't deserve to be dropped either, if no injuries.

Played well I thunk

Fuck me, a young lad making his full debut against the best team in the country and he was just about our only creative outlet in the first half.

Sure he's got a lot to learn and his final ball has to improve but his attitude and desire to beat his man was spot on.

Let's not put him down in an attempt to defend HBA.

Played well I thunk

f*** me, a young lad making his full debut against the best team in the country and he was just about our only creative outlet in the first half.

Sure he's got a lot to learn and his final ball has to improve but his attitude and desire to beat his man was spot on.

I didn't say that he was bad I just want to know when sammy was creative yesterday??. He provoked some corners and after ???

Two moments of world class play almost got us goals against the best team in the country.  Very positive.

:thup: some fantastic play both times showing what he can bring to the team when hes completely settled and up to speed.

Guest mimifrench

He indeed shook De Jong hand before the match, in the tunnel  :facepalm:

http://blogteam.sport24.com/bruno_roger-petit/2011/11/pour-le-retour-de-ben-arfa-sur-laile-gauche-de-lequipe-de-france.html

As you can see with this link, some French journalist already want him to play for the French squad in order to replace Malouda on the left wing...

The journalist said that he was the best player with Coloccini on the pitch yesterday  :undecided:

To my mind, he hasn't already all his capacities/capabilities in terms of acceleration mainly. This will probably will come with time...

Guest hatem garrincha

To my mind, he hasn't already all his capacities/capabilities in terms of acceleration mainly.

It's a question of position on the pitch.

We're used to see him play on the wings, where he had more occasions to place his accelerations. Playing centrally, in the hole, let you change your game.

Yet, he petrified Kompany in two or three situations.