Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest icemanblue

The definition of innovation doesn't include the words 'very few'.

He's a great talent and unique within our squad. To call him an innovator is ludicrous.

How is it 'ludicrous'? Seems a pretty sound way of describing him, to me.

He's a great talent and unique within our squad. To call him an innovator is ludicrous.

Who mentioned innovation?  He mentioned innovate which means to start something new, that could apply in the short term.

Who mentioned innovation?  He mentioned innovate which means to start something new, that could apply in the short term.

Give over. That's not applicable here nor what he implied.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Innovate still stands as having been appropriately used. "Introduce something new, make changes in anything established" - by it's very definition Ben Arfa is relevant to the verb and the context of the Newcastle team.

Back to my other point - are you on your rag? Or are you utilising that well enjoyed debate mechanism of shout and belittle? Either way, you're coming across on numerous threads as something of a pedant

Lots of people setting themselves up for a huge fall with this lad. Even if he plays well he'll never fulfill some of the superlatives thrown at him in this thread. It's embarrassing.

:pokerface:

Christ man, nobody is guaranteeing he's going to fire us into the Champions League with an endless string of hattricks. We're just excited to see a genuinely world-class player in our team again.

Lots of people setting themselves up for a huge fall with this lad. Even if he plays well he'll never fulfill some of the superlatives thrown at him in this thread. It's embarrassing.

:pokerface:

Christ man, nobody is guaranteeing he's going to fire us into the Champions League with an endless string of hattricks. We're just excited to see a genuinely world-class player in our team again.

There's another.

I believe the issue is with you calling him world class

I don't believe it is, I think he has taken a shine to Leon Best and Ben Arfa is competition for his place.  He was the same with Marlon Harewood for some reason.

I believe the issue is with you calling him world class

I don't believe it is, I think he has taken a shine to Leon Best and Ben Arfa is competition for his place.  He was the same with Marlon Harewood for some reason.

Well yeah absolutely, I was talking on a micro level though.