Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I believe the issue is with you calling him world class

I don't believe it is, I think he has taken a shine to Leon Best and Ben Arfa is competition for his place.  He was the same with Marlon Harewood for some reason.

That was a funny one, like.  :lol:

This thread was doing so well for about 5 pages.  No CT chirping up, no Baggio in sight, then Lord of the Trolls Ronaldo pipes up over the word innovate.  See you in 50 pages fools  :huff:

Suppose there's always the risk of this when there's a week between games. If we were in the Champions League people wouldn't have time to talk shite about absolutely nothing. :huff:

This thread was doing so well for about 5 pages.  No CT chirping up, no Baggio in sight, then Lord of the Trolls Ronaldo pipes up over the word innovate.  See you in 50 pages fools  :huff:

Suppose there's always the risk of this when there's a week between games. If we were in the Champions League people wouldn't have time to talk shite about absolutely nothing. :huff:

yeah at least we wont have that problem next season.

So - it seems everyone agrees he should be in the team (perhaps with the exception of Christmas Tree?).  The debate seems to be should he play behind the striker or on the wing - after Pardew's comments it seems he is only being considered in a central role and I think it is this that Ronaldo is questioning rather than is he good enough/is he better than Best.

yeah at least we wont have that problem next season.

Yep, Ben Arfa will fire us into the Champions League with a string of world-class performances, he's that innovative. Guaranteed.

So - it seems everyone agrees he should be in the team (perhaps with the exception of Christmas Tree?).  The debate seems to be should he play behind the striker or on the wing - after Pardew's comments it seems he is only being considered in a central role and I think it is this that Ronaldo is questioning rather than is he good enough/is he better than Best.

Quite clearly. We all know he's very good and a far more accomplished player than Leon Best.

He'll play better through the middle as he can then go through the middle or to either side.  Stick him on the left and he can only go right, stick him on the right and he can only go left.

the best/ben arfa choice reminds me his last season in marseille, it was the ben arfa/ brandao choice

ben arfa was magic in february/march, most of time was man of the match and began to become a starter

then he had a little injury and marseille, with quiet a boring football, kept on winning match with brandao in left winger

brandao is the anti ben arfa,  two left foot, but a hard worker, tall and strong upfront to retain the ball...

ben arfa stayed on the bench until the end of the season as a substitute and missed the world cup coz of that...

deschamps choosed the physical way to win matches, what pardew will choose?

by the way, look at marseille today, the most boring football you vever seen

and don't forget he hasn't played football for more than a year, people must be patient with him

I believe the issue is with you calling him world class

I don't believe it is, I think he has taken a shine to Leon Best and Ben Arfa is competition for his place.  He was the same with Marlon Harewood for some reason.

Was proven right on Marvelous Marlon tbf. Wikipedia says he has quite an impressive scoring record for Guangzhou R&F this season.

It's not about him, though. It's ultimately about how we can get goals out of the strikers.

It's about getting the best we can out of the 11 players during the match and if we do that the goals will come.

If half of your goals are coming from one player, it's usually a good idea to play to his strengths.

Fair enough, I think playing to his strengths is to get him into the box with the ball in space and I expect that we'll do that.

He'll play better through the middle as he can then go through the middle or to either side.  Stick him on the left and he can only go right, stick him on the right and he can only go left.

He plays on the left, he plays on the right, Hatem Ben Arfa will make you look shite!!!

Some good posts over the last couple of pages - there are arguments to play Best but at the end of the day they're conservative ones. They're based on caution and worry about upsetting the team and fear of our opponents.

HBA is a magical player, no defender can keep him quiet for 90mins. As hard as it is on Best, who has given a lot for us, the two players are worlds apart. Ben Arfa gives us a chance of hurting Man Utd and Chelsea, so he will play.

:nods:

If half of your goals are coming from one player, it's usually a good idea to play to his strengths.

Or looks for ways we can be more creative so it's not only him getting the goals?

Who else will be doing it? Not Hatem, that's for sure, or Jonas, or Obertan, or either of the two in the centre.

Take away Ba's contribution and we're in big trouble. Best, Ba and HBA should all be in the team.