Newcastle United 2 - 2 PSV Eindhoven - 31/07/10

ponsaelius

Guest firetotheworks

Does anyone know what plug in those highlights use? I just get a black box with no notification of any need for a plug in or update.

My major issues after this game are:

Our right backs will get "bummed in the face" this year. Perch was awful and looks extremely lightweight.

We need barton, jonas and routledge fit ASAP, our midfield (Nolan Apart) was woeful. Guthrie should be imposing himslef more by now but still looks like a headless chicken.

Somebody please shoot Shola, put us out of our misery....

Krul for Nº1 please, Harper was very slow to react to both goals I thought, badly positioned aswell for free kick.

On a positive note; Andy Carrol (what was seen of him and maybe Best), Nolan, Coloccini and Enrique all had very good games!!

Nolan did not have a good game. He made about three runs into the box with the ball that were snuffed out because he is so fucking sluggish, other than that he contributed fuck all. The big black lad and the guy with blonde hair absolutely bossed the centre of the park, a fact made even more shameful by the fact that our 'wide men' spent a lot of their time in there with Smith and Nolan.

My major issues after this game are:

Our right backs will get "bummed in the face" this year. Perch was awful and looks extremely lightweight.

We need barton, jonas and routledge fit ASAP, our midfield (Nolan Apart) was woeful. Guthrie should be imposing himslef more by now but still looks like a headless chicken.

Somebody please shoot Shola, put us out of our misery....

Krul for Nº1 please, Harper was very slow to react to both goals I thought, badly positioned aswell for free kick.

On a positive note; Andy Carrol (what was seen of him and maybe Best), Nolan, Coloccini and Enrique all had very good games!!

Nolan was woeful I thought. Guthrie was playing LW, he was never gonna look remotely comfortable there. It was no surprise when he shifted into the middle we started looking like an actual football team again.

Sticking Guthrie in the centre and Carroll/Best up-front was the turning point.

He was making things worse on the left wing and Shola is too immobile to 'lead the line'.

As a right midfielder, I quite like Ryan Taylor. I'd sooner have a pacey winger however he isn't a bad option and he does have genuine quality in his delivery. He's not and never will be a world beater, but he's not terrible. He seems to come up with the odd goal as well.

No, Perch may have been badly at fault for the first goal, but he set up our first goal and did at least resemble a footballer vaguely. Ryan Taylor's passing was shocking, it would have been embarrasing if he was wearing a Whitley Bay shirt.