Newcastle United 2 - 2 PSV Eindhoven - 31/07/10

ponsaelius

Good comeback like, second half made much better listening. Ability is massively in question, but I'm struggling to knock the application/attitude of the current squad.

Little sprinkle of quality incoming and with the returns of some of our best players who missed out today and fingers crossed.

Good comeback like, second half made much better listening. Ability is massively in question, but I'm struggling to knock the application/attitude of the current squad.

Little sprinkle of quality incoming and with the returns of some of our best players who missed out today and fingers crossed.

Who wasn't playing today?

Routledge, Carroll, Jonas, Barton.

Barton, Routledge, Jonas, Campbell

Campbell, Gutierrez, Routledge and Barton.

Down to our extra fitness. :whistle:

Wouldn't call Campbell 'one of our best players' tbh.

Harper

Perch Campbell Coloccini Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Barton Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll

Looks a shitload better than the team that started today.

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

Amen soul sister. Hope it gets an outing before pre-season is up.

Agree that a central midfielder is a must, although I'd argue for an out-and-out defensive midfielder as opposed to a creative one.

Desperate for "proper" cover on the wings as well, IMO. A better Pancrate sort of thing.

I'm hoping for another striker as well, but think that might be asking a bit much considering the tactics we're likely to employ and the number we already have at the club.

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

Is that our best 11?

Harper

Nolan

Carroll

Amen soul sister. Hope it gets an outing before pre-season is up.

Attacking wise it's obviously better. I don't see much difference between Campbell/Williamson/Taylor at the moment considering we haven't even seen Sol play yet.

Agree that a central midfielder is a must, although I'd argue for an out-and-out defensive midfielder as opposed to a creative one.

Desperate for "proper" cover on the wings as well, IMO. A better Pancrate sort of thing.

I'm hoping for another striker as well, but think that might be asking a bit much considering the tactics we're likely to employ and the number we already have at the club.

I think you could use a defensive midfielder as well.

Someone athletic with a bit of pace and plenty of stamina to cover ground because the centre of your midfield seems pretty slow and static to me.