For Gods sake Mike!

Parky

Guest neesy111

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HS1spWnkn4o/SNsCHS5b8mI/AAAAAAAACko/D4mzfM601tw/s320/panic+button.jpg

I could sum up half the threads on the first page with this pic.

when does everyone panic, 31st august perhaps

That's actually not a bad idea, actually waiting to see whether or not we'll make more signings rather than automatically assume that we won't. :lol:

remember january 2009, that's exactly what happened - No signings and we got relegated

Absolutely astonished that anyone can feel comfortable of this squad staying up to the point where we don't need to strengthen. Also did someone say this squad is significantly stronger than that which went down? Where?? Please don't say team spirit, this is the Premier League, not the pub darts team.

That always got me :lol:

So it's terrible and unforgivable when we have no fight and no team spirit, but when we do have some it doesn't make any difference?

That's weird.

It's nice to have fight and team spirit, but it doesn't act as a substitute for quality.

I agree to a certain extent, obviously it's better to have better players. But look at what teams like Stoke and Birmingham have done through organisation and hard work.

Absolutely astonished that anyone can feel comfortable of this squad staying up to the point where we don't need to strengthen. Also did someone say this squad is significantly stronger than that which went down? Where?? Please don't say team spirit, this is the Premier League, not the pub darts team.

Don't think anyone is saying that - just that if we can't run the club in a financially responsible way we shouldn't spend the money - especially as strengthening doesn't ensure Premiership survival, whereas financial responsibility will ensure the club's survival at the very least. (I don't think for one second £5m will jeopardise the club's survival btw, just that spending beyond your means is potentially a bad precedent to set).

:facepalm:

Who introduced facepalms to this forum? :(

Urgh, no they won't man. I think it's gonna take us a while to get back to 52ks every single week but they're never gonna 'tumble' just because of Mike Ashley.

i think you'll find the numbers renewing the 3 year season ticket's to be quite low, I expect their to be some crowd's only round the 40K mark this season tbh

We'll not hit below 45k IMO.

I think we will. We've probably only sold around 45K for Sunday's game going off the online box office.

Don't think anyone is saying that - just that if we can't run the club in a financially responsible way we shouldn't spend the money - especially as strengthening doesn't ensure Premiership survival, whereas financial responsibility will ensure the club's survival at the very least. (I don't think for one second £5m will jeopardise the club's survival btw, just that spending beyond your means is potentially a bad precedent to set).

??? What a strange thing to say. No guarantees but goes a fair way like and I think the last part is something everything accepts

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HS1spWnkn4o/SNsCHS5b8mI/AAAAAAAACko/D4mzfM601tw/s320/panic+button.jpg

That's actually not a bad idea, actually waiting to see whether or not we'll make more signings rather than automatically assume that we won't. :lol:

remember january 2009, that's exactly what happened - No signings and we got relegated

So?

Urgh, no they won't man. I think it's gonna take us a while to get back to 52ks every single week but they're never gonna 'tumble' just because of Mike Ashley.

i think you'll find the numbers renewing the 3 year season ticket's to be quite low, I expect their to be some crowd's only round the 40K mark this season tbh

Maybe not this season but next season I can't imagine why people would fork out good money to watch a Championship team. That goes even if we stay up btw. We go to these games in the hope of some entertainment not to watch eleven try-hards struggle to keep up with teams who can't command 15,000 gates.

Guest neesy111

??? What a strange thing to say. No guarantees but goes a fair way like and I think the last part is something everything accepts

a club that generates the income that we do, should be able to afford 10M to ensure they can compete, not being able to compete will reduce income via other means (relegation, ticket sales, merchendise sales, prize money etc)

Guest Roger Kint

Cant beleive anyone would think under 45k should we go down isnt possible. Even last year there was an average of 43k or something and that had a lot of 3 year tickets in it.

Guest neesy111

FFS, can we stop talking about relegation one game into a brand new season?

It's depressing as fuck.

:suicide:

it's nice to see people being relistic though  :rolleyes:

I think we will. We've probably only sold around 45K for Sunday's game going off the online box office.

We say this all the time though. It's only Wednesday. Alot of tickets won't be bought until nearer the end of the week/the actual day.

Guest neesy111

So?

no lessons seem to have been learnt then

Guest neesy111

We say this all the time though. It's only Wednesday. Alot of tickets won't be bought until nearer the end of the week/the actual day.

1st game of the season will attract a decent crowd, it'll be around october/november when if we are doing badly, that's when they will fall

Maybe not this season but next season I can't imagine why people would fork out good money to watch a Championship team. That goes even if we stay up btw. We go to these games in the hope of some entertainment not to watch eleven try-hards struggle to keep up with teams who can't command 15,000 gates.

But that's not how it works. We've been Newcastle fans long enough, we know we're not going to get entertainment and victories very often. it's the reason we were still getting high attendances under Souness and Allardyce. If it's a Premiership game involving Newcastle, people will probably go see it.

Guest Brazilianbob

If Ashley won't provide any capital investment in the club why the hell should the fans?  Just don't go to the bloody games and eventually he will sell to somone who is prepared to invest.

Ashley's trouble is he won't ever admit he is wrong, and perhaps long term, his business plan will be proved right, but he also has to have a short term business plan, and that must ensure NUFC easily remains in the EPL.

Not providing substantial investment just ensures a season of struggle and perhaps relegation, which really will be a disaster, because the fans won't put up with another relegation (I know I wont).  In that eventuality, they will (or should) stay away until Ashley has to sell for peanuts.  It is therefore in his own finacial interests to provide decent investment this August, but clearly he is relying on the blind devotion of the NUFC fans to keep the money piling into the coffers.

It seems that panic has completely kicked in since Weder Bremen have been touted as favourites to sign Ben Arfa. I'm not excluding myself from that either- I'm getting pretty fucking edgy now, tbh.

I think we'll do the usual and sign a couple of average (certainly not first priorities) on deadline day or the day before. No doubt a 'bargain' for £700k and a loan signing...

Guest firetotheworks

If Ashley won't provide any capital investment in the club why the hell should the fans?  Just don't go to the bloody games and eventually he will sell to somone who is prepared to invest.

Ashley's trouble is he won't ever admit he is wrong, and perhaps long term, his business plan will be proved right, but he also has to have a short term business plan, and that must ensure NUFC easily remains in the EPL.

Not providing substantial investment just ensures a season of struggle and perhaps relegation, which really will be a disaster, because the fans won't put up with another relegation (I know I wont).  In that eventuality, they will (or should) stay away until Ashley has to sell for peanuts.  It is therefore in his own finacial interests to provide decent investment this August, but clearly he is relying on the blind devotion of the NUFC fans to keep the money piling into the coffers.

A few shaky comments, but I definitely agree with the part in bold.

He's basically a heroin dealer. He's a fucking absolute cunt of the highest order, but he owns what we want.

So?

The lesson from the fact that a year and a half ago, we signed two players who unfortunately turned out to be less than satisfactory is that we'll never make any good signings again?

Guest neesy111

So?

The lesson from the fact that a year and a half ago, we signed two players who unfortunately turned out to be less than satisfactory is that we'll never make any good signings again?

those two signings were signed to provide cover for injury's they were not signed to go and improve the team!  this is what we need now, 2 signings that will automatically the team better and also help others i.e. a playmaker in midfield and a striker to assist carroll

So?

those two signings were signed to provide cover for injury's they were not signed to go and improve the team!  this is what we need now, 2 signings that will automatically the team better and also help others i.e. a playmaker in midfield and a striker to assist carroll

That would be nice, I agree.

Back to the topic at hand: how does January 2009 prove to you beyond a doubt that we will not make any signings this window?

This, basically.

I struggle to afford a ST every year, and MA lulled me into the 3 year plan, especially when i thought the good times would come back under KK. What a fool i was. I'll always be a Newcastle fan but the amount of times i've been pissed about by the club post 2005 is a joke.

Fingers crossed though. But i can see this being a long hard seaosn with dwindling crowds as the season goes on with one obvious final inervitable outcome.

:suicide:

Agree 100%, he's hoping the fans will continue to pay a lot of  money to have the piss taken out of them

Guest neesy111

So?

That would be nice, I agree.

Back to the topic at hand: how does January 2009 prove to you beyond a doubt that we will not make any signings this window?

because when we need signings at most in the premiership this club has failed to deliver, and I think ashley doesn't have a clue about football