Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Ashley, like the moron he is, probably thinks he can sell Tiote for £25m then go and get another similar player for £3.5m again because he did it once.

Yeah he probably does.

That's really the Arsenal model he's following.

A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context..

By selling someone we've just bought ???

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tiote completes the comeback with a once-in-a-lifetime volley.

The midfielder says: 'It is the greatest goal I've ever scored and the greatest moment of my career. Unbelievable. Incredible. Wow.'

Daily mail

This is from the  RTE - The Irish Website

The whole article http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0206/newcastle_bartonj.html

but this is the best bit

Arsenal were perhaps unfortunate to concede a second penalty when Mike Williamson was eased off the ball by a combination of Koscielny and Tomas Rosicky, but Barton was unmoved as he made it 4-3.

Game on.

At that point, Newcastle would have settled for a scrambled equaliser or a fortunate deflection; instead, they claimed their point in fitting style.

Midfielder Cheik Tiote, back in the team after serving a three-match ban, latched on to a clearing header three minutes from time to thump a dipping left-foot volley into the bottom corner.

In that instant. as the Ivory Coast international sprinted away in celebration with his team-mates in hot pursuit, it was not about Carroll or Ashley or multi-million pound wage packets or fast cars, it was about something far more fundamental.

It was about the elemental joy of the game with which Tiote fell in love bare-footed on a patch of African soil as a child, the sheer thrill of the essence of competitive sport.

Barton said: 'It speaks volumes for the spirit and the character in there that we went out and we able to do what we did out there. I am honoured and privileged to have been part of it.'

By selling someone we've just bought ???

That would help reduce the debt/personal loan.

If it was going to have an effect on the debt/personal loan, surely he wouldn't buy him in the first place?

I can understand him wanting rid of Barton, Colo, Smith etc. (well I couldn't but you know what I mean :lol: ) but not someone that's just been here 6 months.

If it was going to have an effect on the debt/personal loan, surely he wouldn't buy him in the first place?

I can understand him wanting rid of Barton, Colo, Smith etc. (well I couldn't but you know what I mean :lol: ) but not someone that's just been here 6 months.

Buy low and sell high.

Guest firetotheworks

I think he might just be the best and most influential player I've seen play for us in the last 10 years. He's just fucking flawless.

I think he might just be the best and most influential player I've seen play for us in the last 10 years. He's just f***ing flawless.

Erm Shearer???

I don't think we actively want to sell our best players but there's no way we can compete with Chelseas or Liverpools when it comes to wages. If in the summer Chelsea whisper in Tiote's agents ear that they can triple his wages then table a £15million starting bid are we really going to hang onto him?

Buy low and sell high.

it doesn't matter who the player is, or who the club is, every player has his price.

Buy low and sell high.

it doesn't matter who the player is, or who the club is, every player has his price.

Yeah well Tiote's should be fucking 60 mil

Guest firetotheworks

I think he might just be the best and most influential player I've seen play for us in the last 10 years. He's just f***ing flawless.

Erm Shearer???

10 years might be pushing it then, in the last 7 and a bit years then.

Erm Shearer???

10 years might be pushing it then, in the last 7 and a bit years then.

Lol okay then

If people want to believe the NOTW story, then take the entire story including the bit where it says we knocked back a bid from Chelsea last month. That's smells of a club desperate to sell like.