Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If true, dont accept money, we need a player as its to close to the transfer window closing.

Carrick ?

I'd cry if we sold Tiote and got Carrick.

Carrick's one of the most over rated players inthe league.  Goes missing all the time and finds it hard to make a 5 yard pass.

He's a slightly better Gareth Barry.

If true, dont accept money, we need a player as its to close to the transfer window closing.

Carrick ?

I'd cry if we sold Tiote and got Carrick.

Carrick's one of the most over rated players inthe league.  Goes missing all the time and finds it hard to make a 5 yard pass.

He's a slightly better Gareth Barry.

Definitely.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Because he's probably our last remaining salable asset and no one trusts our owners not even Pardew

I fail to see all these 'hidden gems' with the exception of Tiote, that Carr has unearthed.

You not impressed with Pancrate, Best & Perch? You negative bastard, you obviously would only be happy if we bought a squad of Ronaldos and Messis!!1!!1!!

I fail to see all these 'hidden gems' with the exception of Tiote, that Carr has unearthed.

You not impressed with Pancrate, Best & Perch? You negative b******, you obviously would only be happy if we bought a squad of Ronaldos and Messis!!1!!1!!

Carr came in after those three signed didn't he?

You not impressed with Pancrate, Best & Perch? You negative bastard, you obviously would only be happy if we bought a squad of Ronaldos and Messis!!1!!1!!

To be fair none of the players you've mentioned where 'Carr signings'.

He was chief scout at the time. Who's were they? Hughton's? :lol:

You not impressed with Pancrate, Best & Perch? You negative b******, you obviously would only be happy if we bought a squad of Ronaldos and Messis!!1!!1!!

He joined in February 2010.  They all signed in January 2010 or before.

He joined in February 2010.  They all signed in January 2010 or before.

This.

And, Perch was recommendet by Calderwood while Best was supposed to be a player that Hughton wanted iirc. Pancrate was signed in 2009.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/13/toon-scout-graham-carr-scours-globe-for-talent-79310-28326328/2/

In truth, the life of Newcastle’s chief scout has been a blur of airport check-in desks ever since he took up residence at St James’ Park 18 months ago.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/graham-carr/aufeinenblick/trainer_7288.html

Guest dogbeak

So who are the players that Carr has found?

the good ones.

everyone else was scouted in person by dekka, and signed up by fatty mike.

I'm sure he recommended one or two decent ones in the past. The decision to go ahead and buy, after all, is down to the twats upstairs.

Incidentally, if we're serious about this "gem" unearthing transfer policy, then employing one or two scouts is not enough, in my opinion. You need a large network of scouts to constantly find these "gems". i.e, Udinese.  

Guest Howaythetoon

One of the lads who plays football in our 5-a-side games is a Man Utd fan (a Geordie sadly, but his dad is a manc) and he says he's Robben but without the finesse and confidence. Says he's very similar in terms of style, all pace and trickery, head down, will shoot etc. This lad to be fair to him gets to quite a few of their games despite the distance and he's 40 odd so he's no that fat lee kid type of fan.

One of the lads who plays football in our 5-a-side games is a Man Utd fan (a Geordie sadly, but his dad is a manc) and he says he's Robben but without the finesse and confidence. Says he's very similar in terms of style, all pace and trickery, head down, will shoot etc. This lad to be fair to him gets to quite a few of their games despite the distance and he's 40 odd so he's no that fat lee kid type of fan.

Sounds like Cheik has really worked on his game over summer.