Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Great news!

Let's hope the owner has grasped the concept of moving forward without pausing to take steps backwards again.

How many times have we hoped that though? :lol:

:angry: Negative! Pessimistic! Sad! ...  Realist.

:facepalm:

People were saying Carroll wasn't worthy of a pay increase after a good half a season in the Premier League. Well we've just given Tiote one and even now he's only played one more game than Carroll had by that time (and only one month further into a new contract too).

This is great news but some of the arguments given in favour of selling Carroll don't quite stack up.

No, people were saying that Caroll wasn't worth a SECOND pay increase in one season, having just signed a new contract in September. I believe they offered to renegotiate in the summer, which seemed fair enough to me.

Or a better deal to protect the asset. I am surprised people still think we sold because of a transfer request & a pay rise WE sold because of a £35 million bid.

we sold because of all 3., if not there was no need for the request.

Do you honestly think if he did not put a transfer request in he would still be here?

That only came about because of the messing around.

so why put the request in ? he'd only put it in if he thought he wasn't going to get the bumper pay rise or his move.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Newcastle+United+v+Sheffield+Wednesday+PTXQFaLG4mdm.jpg

"I will not sign a contract until we are safe and show ambition"

:tiote:

http://www.kickette.com/files/2010/04/Jose-Enrique-Toso.jpg

"I sign contract for life. I get paid nothing"

People were saying Carroll wasn't worthy of a pay increase after a good half a season in the Premier League. Well we've just given Tiote one and even now he's only played one more game than Carroll had by that time (and only one month further into a new contract too).

This is great news but some of the arguments given in favour of selling Carroll don't quite stack up.

No, people were saying that Caroll wasn't worth a SECOND pay increase in one season, having just signed a new contract in September. I believe they offered to renegotiate in the summer, which seemed fair enough to me.

Or a better deal to protect the asset. I am surprised people still think we sold because of a transfer request & a pay rise WE sold because of a £35 million bid.

Do you honestly think if he did not put a transfer request in he would still be here?

so why put the request in ? he'd only put it in if he thought he wasn't going to get the bumper pay rise or his move.

After getting dicked around him/agent had enough & fell into the trap (a very lucrative one) & put the request in. You listen to Harry, the Liverpool owner & AC it seems obvious Carroll was available & club were not bothered about him leaving with that mega wonga incoming. I don't think you can post anything that will change my mind. Of course I willing to read brand new information.

I honestly think that Carroll could have stayed at NUFC on his current deal. If he hadn't asked for more money, the club wouldn't have had to say no, then he wouldn't have submitted a transfer request and we would have been "selling him against his will" if he did leave.

I for one think Carroll probably was a bit naive, and was given given some bad advise.. Carroll signing a £80 a week contract resulted in a very positive economical upturn for Carroll and the agent. As a consequence, the latter shithead had every incentive to unsettle him. That is the problem with agents generally, they ignore important sporting factors such as his age, that he's still undeveloped, that he's young and therefore needs to be in  a stable environment to develop, like his home club. Had the agent given Carroll such advise, it's not sure that he would have demanded a new contract at all..

After getting dicked around him/agent had enough & fell into the trap (a very lucrative one) & put the request in. You listen to Harry, the Liverpool owner & AC it seems obvious Carroll was available & club were not bothered about him leaving with that mega wonga incoming.  I doubt there is very little you can post to change my mind.

the first bids were turned down, his putting in a request gives the club an extra 3 mill or so and makes the intent clear that he wants to leave. i don't think the club would've sold for 32mill and a player who could say to the press "i made no attempt to get out".

That is the problem with agents generally, they ignore important sporting factors such as his age, that he's still undeveloped, that he's young and therefore needs to be in  a stable environment to develop, like his home club.

This is Newcastle we're talking about here.

That is the problem with agents generally, they ignore important sporting factors such as his age, that he's still undeveloped, that he's young and therefore needs to be in  a stable environment to develop, like his home club.

This is Newcastle we're talking about here.

Think your quote-fu went wrong there, I didn't say that.

Not that it isn't an amazing post.

After getting dicked around him/agent had enough & fell into the trap (a very lucrative one) & put the request in. You listen to Harry, the Liverpool owner & AC it seems obvious Carroll was available & club were not bothered about him leaving with that mega wonga incoming.  I doubt there is very little you can post to change my mind.

the first bids were turned down, his putting in a request gives the club an extra 3 mill or so and makes the intent clear that he wants to leave. i don't think the club would've sold for 32mill and a player who could say to the press "i made no attempt to get out".

As I said  when you have new information drop me a PM. As I going with http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/01/andy-carroll-united-pushed-me-out-of-toon-72703-28092792/

Of course he put the transfer request I am aware of that. Big mistake by the lad.

contracts mean f*** all in football nowadays.  Would love him to see out the full six and a half years but at the same time wouldn't be surprised one bit if he's sold in the summer if a £10-15m bid comes in.

They do in a way, if anyone approaches us now, they have to pay top dollar.  It may ward other teams off except for the very rich.

Also the new rules come into play.

This is a good move by the club.  I dont see how it can been seen any other way.

contracts mean f*** all in football nowadays.  Would love him to see out the full six and a half years but at the same time wouldn't be surprised one bit if he's sold in the summer if a £10-15m bid comes in.

They do in a way, if anyone approaches us now, they have to pay top dollar.  It may ward other teams off except for the very rich.

This is a good move by the club.  I dont see how it can been seen any other way.

What are the new finance rules, in regard to contracts btw?

contracts mean f*** all in football nowadays.  Would love him to see out the full six and a half years but at the same time wouldn't be surprised one bit if he's sold in the summer if a £10-15m bid comes in.

They do in a way, if anyone approaches us now, they have to pay top dollar.  It may ward other teams off except for the very rich.

This is a good move by the club.  I dont see how it can been seen any other way.

what was his original deal?  He was only half a year into the one he got when signed, not like it was running out.  And I'm not saying its not good for the club, its just I'm hesitant to believe that this means he won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

What are the new finance rules, in regard to contracts btw?

In what whay, i'm talking about teams only spendng what they earn so that reduces the amount of money that can get spent or will be spent. 

Sticking tiote on this 6 1/2 year deal may put other clubs/teams off now.

what was his original deal?  He was only half a year into the one he got when signed, not like it was running out.  And I'm not saying its not good for the club, its just I'm hesitant to believe that this means he won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm not saying he wont go anywhere, he could well do.

But securing an asset that has 2 years left on it to 6 1/2 is brilliant, especially if you know other clubs will be sniffing.

Come on man, is common sense.  :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

So then, what IS the correct spelling of his first name?

We changed spelling in the title on here from Cheick to Cheik as that's the spelling on a number of websites including Wiki but I've noticed most sources including the official website and .com are now using Cheick.

I need to know!!!!