Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Did Dyer make it clear he wanted to leave?

When players have they generally leave as with happens at most clubs, especially when the offer coming in is excessive.

He would have left if the club made it clear to him that they wanted to accept the offer but they didn't, they wanted to keep him and did so.

We don't have any way of knowing that really.

If a bid is accepted, the player goes. Players turning down moves generally doesn't happen, despite people on here thinking it does all the time.

Les Ferdinand got a phone call halfway to London saying that Shearer had done his knee and that we wanted him to turn round and come back, he said that despite the fact he never wanted to leave, it had been made clear to him that the money was more important than he was, so he refused.

If a bid is accepted, the player goes. Players turning down moves generally doesn't happen, despite people on here thinking it does all the time.

Les Ferdinand got a phone call halfway to London saying that Shearer had done his knee and that we wanted him to turn round and come back, he said that despite the fact he never wanted to leave, it had been made clear to him that the money was more important than he was, so he refused.

That's what I was saying, selling players for fees we think are too good to turn down has always generally happened. Apart from one example (Dyer) but then I can't remember if bids were ever confirmed or just paper talk.

Just watching the press conference, was someone pulling funny faces at him? :lol: :lol:

That the beginning of the BBC one? :lol:

On the .cock video, basically all the way up until he speaks he's holding back the laughs. :laugh:

Guest palnese

Just watching the press conference, was someone pulling funny faces at him? :lol: :lol:

On the .cock video, basically all the way up until he speaks he's holding back the laughs. :laugh:

Just seen it :lol:

Thats because he knows he gonna get a fat wedge when he sign's for "insert other club"

:fishing:

That's what I was saying, selling players for fees we think are too good to turn down has always generally happened. Apart from one example (Dyer) but then I can't remember if bids were ever confirmed or just paper talk.

It was never confirmed as more than paper talk from our club or any prospective buyers as far as I'm aware, and all interest died away after his injury at the back end of that season.

It is quite telling imho that the only example Shepherd dragged up when saying he wouldn't have sold big players like Carroll was that he turned down an offer from Shearer (this was from Liverpool for reportedly around £2m) - said nowt about Dyer which would have been a much better comparison.

Tiote also reveals that he supported Italian side Juventus as a child, but began following Chelsea after fellow countryman Didier Drogba joined the Blues from Marseille in 2004.

I was a boyhood Juventus fan. Well, at least until Drogba joined Chelsea. After that, it was more Chelsea for me."'

:angry:

Just loved black and white stripes tbh.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Tiote also reveals that he supported Italian side Juventus as a child, but began following Chelsea after fellow countryman Didier Drogba joined the Blues from Marseille in 2004.

“I was a boyhood Juventus fan. Well, at least until Drogba joined Chelsea. After that, it was more Chelsea for me."'

:angry:

Well Berbatov is a toon fan and I don't think he'll be joining us anytime so really who you support doesn't matter at all.

Means f*** all under this regime and f*** all with modern footballers. Contracts that is.

Um no actually ... it means if someone is interested they are going to have to pay a hell of a lot more than they thought they would previously have to. If people start throwing around insane amounts of money then players are going to be sold. No surprises there. As long as the club is honest about re-investing this money then ultimately it should allow for progress to continue to be made.

You only have to look at how Tottenham have built up their squad by following this pattern. It's about not letting players leave unless someone pays ridiculous amounts, and then ensuring this money goes back into the team.