Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

It'd be interesting to know how the mentality of the other players was affected when he wasn't playing. Obviously we know he's a cracking player in his own right but I bet the others aren't half as confident without him in the side.

It'd be interesting to know how the mentality of the other players was affected when he wasn't playing. Obviously we know he's a cracking player in his own right but I bet the others aren't half as confident without him in the side.

Nolan probably gets quite concerned, especially when it's Guthrie next to him :lol:

Nolan probably gets quite concerned, especially when it's Guthrie next to him :lol:

The feeling's mutual I imagine.

[move]:tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote::tiote:[/move]

For some reason, watching those heads go across, in my head I am singing Dad's Army's "Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler".

:lol:

I was thinking more to the tune of the banana splits...

"One for Barton, one for Besty,

Barton gets one more,

Ball comes out to Tiote,

You know Cheik'll score!

"Tio-te, Cheik Tiote, Tio-te Cheik Tiote!"

Guest Wearside

6.5 year contract seems odd to the impartial observer for a player who only signed a few month ago.

Taking into account that he is going to be on at least 50k a week now over a period of 6.5 year this brings the wages committed to Tiote to nearly £17m over that period.

Is this coming out of the Carroll fund or not?  :rolleyes:

Basically we've just give him his and carrolls wages, he was roughly on £20k and Carroll £30k, so it hasn't really changed anything financially for the club this season.

If we get 7 years of Tiote in the form we've seen so far  for £20m, then it's probably the best transfer and wages outlay we've made in some time.

Basically we've just give him his and carrolls wages, he was roughly on £20k and Carroll £30k, so it hasn't really changed anything financially for the club this season.

If we get 7 years of Tiote in the form we've seen so far  for £20m, then it's probably the best transfer and wages outlay we've made in some time.

I think he'll turn out to be Hughton's Rob Lee.

6.5 year contract seems odd to the impartial observer for a player who only signed a few month ago.

Taking into account that he is going to be on at least 50k a week now over a period of 6.5 year this brings the wages committed to Tiote to nearly £17m over that period.

Is this coming out of the Carroll fund or not?  :rolleyes:

i would guess not.

I still can't think of a single negative in the new contract.

Agreed, shy of any weird clauses we don't know about. Don't fully believe the 50k figure as yet either given it came from SSN, but we'll see.

Nearly posted earlier to say I was pleased. And nearly posted earlier to say that it didn't mean virtually anything. And nearly posted earlier to agree with Dave's original point about not being able to see anything good in this meaning you should stop following the club for your own sake. But they're all fairly mundane things to say so I didn't think it was worth the bandwidth.

Have now thought of this, though - I wonder if Pardew has decided to use whatever leeway he has got over funds to try and secure the genuine retention of players we have got instead of being allowed slightly more options for buying others in exchange for being more willing to sell the current squad. For what it's worth, for that I'd applaud him.