:lol:

------------------Harper

Perch------Willi---------Colo-------Jose

------------------Tiote

---Rout-----------------------Jonas

-----------------Barton

------Carroll--------------Loven

I like the look of that  :thup:

also, whats with the perch talk? I like him and think he'll do fine. Early days!

Would love to see Barton given more of a free reign. If we do sign a mid-cum-striker to go along with it, we could be quids in really. Barton's an intelligent enough player to form something dynamic with those ahead of him, providing he has the license to concentrate on a more attacking role. If Tiote's good enough to sit deep and combat the opposition's attacks and keep possession - it would naturally allow another centre-mid to have more freedom. It's something we've tried but not really executed to any great degree for as long as i can remember to be honest. Butt and Emre/Bowyer was as close as it got but their starts together were few and far between thanks to Roeder's relentless need to play Scott Parker.

What's the keyboard code for the e + accent?

We need someone better than Lovenkrands up front too.

I think Carroll has the determination, tenacity and first touch to lead the line well. I'd be satisfied with a striker or a Ben Arfa 'trequartista' sort. But i completely agree, him and Lovenkrands won't score enough goals in this division. Tiote is 50% of the problem solved - another forward is absolutely imperative.

Would love to see Barton given more of a free reign. If we do sign a mid-cum-striker to go along with it, we could be quids in really. Barton's an intelligent enough player to form something dynamic with those ahead of him, providing he has the license to concentrate on a more attacking role. If Tiote's good enough to sit deep and combat the opposition's attacks and keep possession - it would naturally allow another centre-mid to have more freedom. It's something we've tried but not really executed to any great degree for as long as i can remember to be honest. Butt and Emre/Bowyer was as close as it got but their starts together were few and far between thanks to Roeder's relentless need to play Scott Parker.

What's the keyboard code for the e + accent?

I think  Barton would flourish more if he could trust that someone was covering him. Lets hope this lad does that

Obviously it's a bit naive to start making such claims, simply due to the fact we haven't seen him play yet (i'll highlight the following 'if' to confirm that i am aware of this)... but if Tiote has it in him, he could be one half of this generation's Bellamy/Robert. We're two excellent players away from upgrading our side from a shit one to an average one. The tiers of quality are different to that in Bobby's time (we went from decent to great back then)... but you can see the analogy i'm making.

Guest VegasToon

Only one thing to burst so many bubbles... he won't drop Captain Nolan

Fook OFF SKIRGE! NOW I'M UPSET AGAIN!

Only one thing to burst so many bubbles... he won't drop Captain Nolan

Fook OFF SKIRGE! NOW I'M UPSET AGAIN!

Sorry I know.... BUT last season Smith was Captain and Hughton did bench him a canny bit.

I think Carroll has the determination, tenacity and first touch to lead the line well. I'd be satisfied with a striker or a Ben Arfa 'trequartista' sort. But i completely agree, him and Lovenkrands won't score enough goals in this division. Tiote is 50% of the problem solved - another forward is absolutely imperative.

Cant wait to see this Tiote, didnt pay any attention to him in the world cup but if he is true to his description then it does give us a few options. As you said earlier, allowing Barton to get forward or play with a bit more freedom might get the best out of him. We're going to need a bit more quality up front though. If Hughton's lucky then a judicious use of Shola, Best, Lovenkrands and even Ranger might get him (in total) 15 goals over the season. If Carroll gets somewhere near that we might be ok. Canny big if in my eyes though, we have to hope that they find some surprising form.

Cant wait to see this Tiote, didnt pay any attention to him in the world cup but if he is true to his description then it does give us a few options. As you said earlier, allowing Barton to get forward or play with a bit more freedom might get the best out of him. We're going to need a bit more quality up front though. If Hughton's lucky then a judicious use of Shola, Best, Lovenkrands and even Ranger might get him (in total) 15 goals over the season. If Carroll gets somewhere near that we might be ok. Canny big if in my eyes though, we have to hope that they find some surprising form.

We need a roaming tricky forward who can come deep/ attacking midfielder type.

AND a proper striker to shoulder some of the responsability, it really is asking too much for Carroll to carry the whole season.

Guest Heneage

Is it wrong that I just like seeing 'Official' followed by a signing in the Football section?

All jokes aside him and Barton has potential, as I think Joey does have potential to play a goo through ball.

Obviously it's a bit naive to start making such claims, simply due to the fact we haven't seen him play yet (i'll highlight the following 'if' to confirm that i am aware of this)... but if Tiote has it in him, he could be one half of this generation's Bellamy/Robert. We're two excellent players away from upgrading our side from a s*** one to an average one. The tiers of quality are different to that in Bobby's time (we went from decent to great back then)... but you can see the analogy i'm making.

if we are a shit team what are coventry or hartlepool or darlo........or NOFC?

Wouldnt surprise me if Smith left for Rangers or Leeds in all fairness, sure i read he was a bit of a fan(obvious Leeds connection) so with any luck he may take a paycut for either and run off :mick:

He'd never go back to Leeds

For one reason or another, i think Best and Ranger are complete non-entities. I cba regurgitating the whole 'our strikers are shit' argument, because everybody knows they are. We need a forward, it's as simple as that.

I just hope we get this chap signed and sealed ASAP and draw a line. It's a huge step and i applaud the higher echelons for making it happen. Hughton too, for attempting to solve what was the cardinal problem two years ago. As i said earlier in the thread, i don't think he's made a mistake as yet when it comes to actually identifying the issues within the team.

Again, i'm assuming Tiote fits the bill, but Hughton's track record in the transfer market thus far has few negatives. Even down to getting Hall in for cover last season - really solid signing was that. Probably not absolutely crucial; but in times gone by, managers would have been satisfied with that fourch choice centre-back pairing of Simpson and Zurab (think that was it at Forest/Scunny?). That mistmatch cost us six points.

Hughton's consistently identified the problem areas and worked to fix them. I've had faith in him from the word go that - if he's had money to spend this summer - he'll choose the correct areas to improve. And he has so far.

Whether or not the imports sufficiently improve the side, does remain to be seen however...

Guest Heneage

Ranger needs a loan to a small time club in a really shitty part of the country, somewhere that doesn't have a wealth of bars or the trappings of a big city. Just to show him how he may end up if he doesn't put the work in