Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

We'd be far too vulnerable at set pieces. It's no good passing the ball around if the opposition are going to kill you in the air and play through you with ease.

I doubt Mapou would really concede that many more headers than Taylor. And that's basically the only difference to what we play now.

I admit there's a place for Tiote in certain games though, if he can recover something like form.

With Colo being pretty poor in the air and Anita being a midget. Is it a good idea to even slightly further diminish the teams aerial ability?

We'd be far too vulnerable at set pieces. It's no good passing the ball around if the opposition are going to kill you in the air and play through you with ease.

What would you do?

With Taylor and Colo i think we would concede more goals due to the lack of recovery pace than we would through losing headers with Mapou and Colo.

Especially when our fullbacks are as offensive and not always able to get back in time when the opposition counters. EPL is more modern

now than it used to be. I'd put my money on Colo and Mapou. I think Mapou will look stronger in every way, and most of all he'll be

more confident knowing what to expect. It's not just about size.

I doubt Mapou would really concede that many more headers than Taylor. And that's basically the only difference to what we play now.

I admit there's a place for Tiote in certain games though, if he can recover something like form.

With Colo being pretty poor in the air and Anita being a midget. Is it a good idea to even slightly further diminish the teams aerial ability?

It's hard to say for sure, it depends what else you would gain.

Taylor's just a better PL central defender than Mapou. It's not just his physical and aerial superiority.

:lol: Jesus Christ, dude! Mapou came in to the team not used to anything in our team or league and much more. Most of all we were a mess on the whole.

Im quite sure Mapou will prove you wrong and prove his potential and be class in the near future. And i think he's going to better than Taylor THIS season

already, within time. He might not start at first but he'll show that he's the better player.

Taylor's just a better PL central defender than Mapou. It's not just his physical and aerial superiority.

:lol: Jesus Christ, dude! Mapou came in to the team not used to anything in our team or league and much more. Most of all we were a mess on the whole.

Im quite sure Mapou will prove you wrong and prove his potential and be class in the near future.

See, I never said he wouldn't be class in the near future. He's just, right now, an inferior defender to Taylor. He's had his best 3 games well away from the physical battle at LB fwiw.

Still unfair to judge Mapou considering the circumstances that were when he played for us. More fair comparing the two from now on. Pardew will probably play Taylor and Colo in the beginning of the season. But if you ask me it's only a matter of time until Mbiwa get's a shot at it with Colo as CB, and after that i think it's his.

Is he shite.

Unbiased Tooj on Steven Taylor. :lol:

At least Mbiwa can actually stay with the player he's meant to be marking.

Still unfair to judge Mapou considering the circumstances that were when he played for us. More fair comparing the two from now on. Pardew will probably play Taylor and Colo in the beginning of the season. But if you ask me it's only a matter of time until Mbiwa get's a shot at it with Colo as CB, and after that i think it's his.

Not with Taylor fit I don't think. Mapou is Colo's replacement, not his partner.

Not with Taylor fit I don't think. Mapou is Colo's replacement, not his partner.

I guess we'll find out soon.....

People act like the majority of goals come from set pieces and crosses.

Its a very small percentage nowadays this isn't the the league it was, by putting Taylor in the team instead Mapou you are losing more than you gain i'm convinced of that.

Its a very small percentage nowadays this isn't the the league it was, by putting Taylor in the team instead Mapou you are losing more than you gain i'm convinced of that.

Against Sunderland, Mbiwa had a hard time containing Danny Graham. What's the point in having a big strong lad like Taylor in the team if he's not going to mark the big target man?

Against Sunderland, Mbiwa had a hard time containing Danny Graham. What's the point in having a big strong lad like Taylor in the team if he's not going to mark the big target man?

Strikers often choose their CB to attack, especially if they are playing 2 up top. No coincidence Drogba always picked out Senderos

Danny Graham a big target man? :lol:

Graham targeted Mbiwa, not a lot you can do about that.

Is he shite.

Unbiased Tooj on Steven Taylor. :lol:

Nop I just think that Yanga-Mbiwa is the dog's bollocks.