Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Seems like foreign footballers give no fucks about things like insurance and stuff when they come over :lol:

Agreed, it's ridiculous like, surely it would be in any clubs interest to employ a sort of group PA to make sure everybody is sorted for basic shit like that (thus saving the club embarrassing/unsettling moments)

Not to mention the ramifications of having no insurance  :idiot2:

Seems like foreign footballers give no fucks about things like insurance and stuff when they come over :lol:

Agreed, it's ridiculous like, surely it would be in any clubs interest to employ a sort of group PA to make sure everybody is sorted for basic shit like that (thus saving the club embarrassing/unsettling moments)

Some clubs do have departments dedicated to this sort of stuff. I'm assuming we don't.

Some clubs do have departments dedicated to this sort of stuff. I'm assuming we don't.

Just seems like such a no brainer with this case being a prime example

Yeah that fair too, I guess you can't run an employee's life for them, but as SiLvOR points out, there is a noticeable bunch of players getting done for this type of offence.

Plus given the high profile nature of the business it seem to me like a sensible precaution to make on behalf of the club.

Still, given some the crazy decisions we make, this is pretty far down the pecking order  :lol:

All adds up in the end though, just another case in point of us being run like a second-rate, ragtag outfit.

or just another case of footballer being bloody thick shocker.

I meant the not having a Player Liaison Department really, moreso than Tiote's individual misdemeanour.

Like I said before the Premier League FA and PFA need to take greater responsibility for the above average number of serious driving offences undertaken by professional footballers.

This should be match suspensions, for instance Tevez should have got about 10 games.

People have died because of the driving culture that had developed in the football industry.

I mean, if you mow someone down fair enough, I guess.

Drink driving, driving without insurance, all speeding offences warranting more than 3 points, or continuous offences resulting in driving bans.

It is irrelevant whether a driver hits someone, their actions are risking the lives of others.

Footballers seem to think they are entitled to drive stupid cars dangerously. The laws of the country are not able to deal with this group of the population so the football authorities should act.

I mean, if you mow someone down fair enough, I guess.

Drink driving, driving without insurance, all speeding offences warranting more than 3 points, or continuous offences resulting in driving bans.

It is irrelevant whether a driver hits someone, their actions are risking the lives of others.

Footballers seem to think they are entitled to drive stupid cars dangerously. The laws of the country are not able to deal with this group of the population so the football authorities should act.

http://alexlod.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/why-so-serious.jpeg

I guess there's a case for saying it should be the club's responsibility to look after the basic "adjusting to a new country and its bureaucracy" stuff - but I think there's a stronger case for saying it should be the responsibility of the PFA. After all, a union is supposed to be about helping it's members, and James is correct in saying that this sort of thing happens too often and is easily avoided. It would be one (or maybe two, at a stretch) person's job and they could cover the few hundred foreign players for things like licences, insurance, registration, taxation etc...

On a similar topic, police in Manchester are investigating a footballer for a hit and run. Several witnesses and the footballer abused the victim and said he wouldn't get caught because he had foreign number plates.